Sacrred

DayZ FOR XBOX 360!!

This would make it world wide and more people would buy it if it was made for xbox... dont get me wrong i love pc gaming but i would love to see such a great game like dayZ on the console as an arcade game or what not.

look at minecraft xbox 360 edition and how huge it has become on xbox, its almost over taken CoD downloads etc and its played world wide because of pc influences.... dayz should definatley come on xbox because it would spread the name of dayz so far!

No wouldn't work....

Let a dead thread die. We all know it won't be coming to Xbox anytime soon.

May sound like a good idea, but it would in no way be like it will be when it is completed on PC. My opinion, no.

There would nowhere near enough keys or computing power for the game and engine. Besides, Rocket hasn't even

finished alpha for the mod yet, I don't know why you're even thinking about having it for Xbox 360 now.

Edited by jackeroo

Would it be nice to have it on multiple platforms, sure.

Suppose Xbox or PlayStation can handle the engine. Still, there are too many commands that require a keyboard. A controller wouldn't cut it....unless microsoft or sony wake the hell up and start implementing usb keyboards/mouse to the consoles.

Also, having a game on a PC is more profitable. Gaming companies lose profit on console games because they have to pay more middlemen.

Having this game strictly to PC stimulates the PC gaming market.

Once it becomes a standalone game, I think it would be wonderful to be on a console. Would probably be able to run much smoother and have a few more neat apps and whotnot.

Obviously though, PC fanbois gonna hate.

Xbox would explode while trying to run the arma engine.

And Xbox updates cost to the developers many thousands dollars each to be provided by xbox live service.

And Xbox is for arcade games, like all consoles. I own a xbox360 too, but is always turned off, i use it just to talk with my friends that keep playing that cod zombie shit.

They may cost a lot, but trust me they will make the money back and then some, thats WHY companies release xbox games, e.g minecraft, because they will get their money back and more.

I'm surprised everyone makes a big deal out of a amateur poster who may also be a troll at this.

Mods don't become 360 games, especially if it still relies on more than 0% of the current game assets, it's like asking Bohemia to sue you for trying to sell their game engine (because you are, in a way still using their core code and stuff).

yeah but they can make arma for xbox then relase day z as an add on -.- want some choclate ear-rings with that?

I totally agree that it is a bit early to consider a console version of DayZ but I must say that all the PC Elitism in this thread is so fucking adorable. Please have fun on your high horses while I play every good game on every good platform out there. :)

I own an Xbox, and the thought of playing DayZ on it makes me vomit in my mouth. Just a little bit, but still. Vomit.

Why so Microsoft can claim distribution rights and then PC players won't be able to play the game for 2 months or more? You guys need to get the hell out of here with this shit. And people need to stop responding to anything Xbox related on these forums. Just trolls.

DayZ as it is couldn't be ported effectively to the console, the interface and controls are too complex to map well to a controller, and since a large part of the gameplay is stuff like changing your stance, varying your rate of movement, zeroing your scope and looking around, it would be virtually impossible to preserve even the basics without compromising the shooting controls.

Plus, I doubt the console market will respond to such a game the same way the PC market did. There are plenty of people who try DayZ and hate it. Just like Dwarf Fortress or EvE Online, DayZ chases away a lot of people, many of whom are non-casual gamers. The slow pace, the steep learning curve, the brutal consequences for failure and the risk of being totally smoked for no reason and not even know how it happened all add up to an unpleasant experience for many. They want the reliable return on their investment, and DayZ doesn't provide it.

I like how most people in this thread are saying no just because they hate consoles. Get a grip, guys.