Sign in to follow this  
worsin

For new people

I am new to this game and the expectations i had are FAR from what this game really is.

Going online i read comments like..."its a social experiment". Or its a "game about survival"

For those looking into this game here is the perspective of a new player.

Dont expect any of the above.

This game is a FREE for all FRAG fest and has nothing to do with actual coop and survival.

Not saying its not a fun game just do not expect anything new really. It is like every other FPS out there with some additional options.

After a week of playing almost all day every day i have come across 2 people that didnt kill me immediately. Ive never been able to set up any sort of camp because the routine is pretty much the following.

1. Get some gear

2. Get Killed

3. Start Over

1. Get some gear

2. Get Killed

3. Start Over

1. Get some gear

2. Get Killed

3. Start Over

Over and over again.

While its thrilling to try and get gear. Do not expect to set up a camp or get a vehicle or play any sort of coop game at all.

It is not here at Day Z

My camp has been thriving for days. The smart option is to not have one big camp. Lot's of small ones in convenient but secret locations.

Don't hate on a game because you can't survive long enough to get from it what you want.

Just develop. and learn. and grow.

Good luck be safe.

• Like 3

Wow, someone is trying to be a smartass over here... Ey guys, look, its a cool dude talking down on something uber cool to be even cooler. Haha!

While its thrilling to try and get gear. Do not expect to set up a camp or get a vehicle or play any sort of coop game at all.

It is not here at Day Z

Speak for yourself, we all don't have that survival instinct :P

I can't express this enough...look for people to play with outside the game, head over to the Survivors HQ to find others looking to group.

There is a shittonne of Co Op once you have a group.

Town raiding situations: Someone has to be overwatch. Someone has to overwatch the overwatching in defense against players and/or bandits. Someone has to stay with the vehicle incase you have to high-tail it out of there. Multiple people have to set up a perimeter. People have to go and take the loot.

• Like 2

When I first started Day Z I had just as much bad luck as you. Being an FPS player for many years, (Including Arma II,) and joining a group of people who've been playing awhile, I've learned the ropes of the game quickly. There are certain strategies about the game that will help you survive longer. You just got to get a bit of experience under your belt. Theres a lot of Youtube videos that give you tons of hints and tips on how to survive for a long while, as well as some funny videos too.

DayZ IS a social experiment. You just misunderstood the meaning.

Rocket designed the mod like this: He gave us survival goals, hunger, thirst, blood and temperature. He gave us means to handle them, and zombies to make handling them more difficult.

He gave us weapons to handle the zombies.

Then he stood the fuck back, and looked as the players flocked in to the game and he saw what came out of it and he smiled. The DayZ you see now, is a result of that experiment. You might not like it, but this is the result.

However, we should not forget that the experiment is on-going, and the test scenario is ever-changing, so expect the results to change somewhat as well.

While I have never been a part of a large group, I have met one or two randoms who I have traveled with and had a good time with. It's rare, but it happens. It is a social experiment, though the end result seems to be pointing to the same constant. Just give it some time.

OP is right but only partially. It is social experiment and what you have experienced its current result of it (quite sad but hey its still result). It can be frag fest sometimes but you can quite easly avoid it (I'm not saying it will be entertaining. Actually it will be very boring, but...its possible).

I agree that its not coop, and I dont remember anyone advertising it like that - maybe somene has lied to you about it. You can cooperate with someone, but you can do this in any other game during deathmatch.

I also agree its not a survival game, at least when you dont consider "not geting shoot" a survival (but it could be for others).The aspect of survival in this mod (I mean geting food, drink, shelter, way of heating yourself and overcoming all those little problems without proper equipment and tools) is very limited and its very easy to survive - when u find knife, axe, canteen and matches you can literally sit in the forest forever - unless you die of boredom earlier. Since there is no penalty for dying there is no point trying hard to survive or avoiding the risks.

Last but not least...its not a game. Its an anti-game. You cant win and you cant lose too.

Believe it or not, getting killed should not be part of your routine. :)

You can co-op just not with strangers as they will not trust you vice-versa.

Get some friends to buy OA and play with you. Or if you don't err... have any friends, then go to survivor HQ and organize a group of people

My camp has been thriving for days. The smart option is to not have one big camp. Lot's of small ones in convenient but secret locations.

haha, my hoarding ass has 4 areas near (near but still a good amount of distance away to safely make sure no one has followed me) key looting places with tents set up in the most unlikely spots that I have memorized by geography, constantly running my fresh loot to the tents x) 4 areas with 4 tents @ each area.. Hoarders gonna hoard. Lol why do I need 50 raw meat in one tent.

Edited by internetTAB

DayZ IS a social experiment. You just misunderstood the meaning.

Rocket designed the mod like this: He gave us survival goals, hunger, thirst, blood and temperature. He gave us means to handle them, and zombies to make handling them more difficult.

He gave us weapons to handle the zombies.

Then he stood the fuck back, and looked as the players flocked in to the game and he saw what came out of it and he smiled. The DayZ you see now, is a result of that experiment. You might not like it, but this is the result.

However, we should not forget that the experiment is on-going, and the test scenario is ever-changing, so expect the results to change somewhat as well.

Perhaps an experiment on how people treat each other in a game but no one views this as a real survival situation. They just camp on towers and snip for fun

How is it i can join a server with only 5 people thinking ill be able to learn the game without players killing me but within 5 min or so i have 3 of the only 5 people on the server hunting me down like an animal?

How is it i can join a server with only 5 people thinking ill be able to learn the game without players killing me but within 5 min or so i have 3 of the only 5 people on the server hunting me down like an animal?

Bad luck, welcome to not DayZ.. but how bout LIFE?

Christ. Bitch moan bitch moan. Join a server with 0 players next time.

Bad luck, welcome to not DayZ.. but how bout LIFE?

Christ. Bitch moan bitch moan. Join a server with 0 players next time.

have you tried that lately? It's impossible :)

The group I play with has (in the past couple of days) repaired two helicopters and quite a number of other vehicles. It's all about who you play with. Find a good group of players and the game will be that much more enjoyable. Yes, you will still die (a lot) but it's still a good time when you're not alone.

Part of survival is learning to survive. The game is not about loot, or gear. It's about staying alive as long as possible. Some people are just better at it than others...