Ddoom

Protect the servers from admin abuse

So I was teleported, last night, to the roof of a building in the NW airfield, along with everyone else on the server, which turned into a bloodbath for everyone who didn't logout in time... but now that's not an option to prevent people from Alt+F4ing out of combat. Great. How about taking these administrator functions away in this mod? There's no reason to have controls like that, so why not disable them?

I won't be playing again until there's some fixes for this, and I won't be buying any Arma 3 : DayZ either unless I'm sure this is taken care of. Looking through the server complains forum, I see this isn't an isolated or even rare incident. There were 20+ people on my server last night who were all teleported to their deaths, and not one of them posted here about it, so I can only assume this is happening pretty damn frequently. This is the #1 issue, not alt+f4ing out of combat or zombie vision or rarity of vehicles.

If that's a function of non-admins, then this game is more broken than I thought.

I know you've read it around, and I don't want to sound like an asshole.. but its an alpha.. its supposed to be broken..

I believe right now we got tons of hackers around.. but even playing a lot of time i've only encountered 1, yesterday by the way, who was spawnning cars all over the place.

But yes mass-teleport is caused by hackers :/

If that's a function of non-admins, then this game is more broken than I thought.

He's trying to tell you that it wasn't an admin but rather a hacker without making you feel dumb.

I was a victim in part of a mass-kill-all on a sever a couple days ago (on AU 5, actually). It's the first time it has ever happened, but I had some good gear for the first time and it really angered me to die like that. Just, dropped dead with 20 other people... not warning, no explanation... just, dead.

Thankfully this has only happened to me once so far... i hope it doesn't happen again :/

~Sol

It's an alpha

Due to the nature of the game (playable port of commercial milsim) this is a design feature. Unfortunately, it's also a flaw in this utilisation.

So I was teleported, last night, to the roof of a building in the NW airfield, along with everyone else on the server, which turned into a bloodbath for everyone who didn't logout in time... but now that's not an option to prevent people from Alt+F4ing out of combat. Great. How about taking these administrator functions away in this mod? There's no reason to have controls like that, so why not disable them?

I won't be playing again until there's some fixes for this, and I won't be buying any Arma 3 : DayZ either unless I'm sure this is taken care of. Looking through the server complains forum, I see this isn't an isolated or even rare incident. There were 20+ people on my server last night who were all teleported to their deaths, and not one of them posted here about it, so I can only assume this is happening pretty damn frequently. This is the #1 issue, not alt+f4ing out of combat or zombie vision or rarity of vehicles.

Yes, someone has already answered your question. As one of the AU 5 admins, I'd appreciate it if you checked if an admin was logged in at the time, and approached us before blaming us.

Locally logged Administrators can be ID'd in the following manner:

Using default keybinds:

1. Press "P"
  2. Scroll through the list.

If you see a player with *Admin* at the end of their name, that is an admin who is logged into the admin controls via in-game login.

Admins have the ability to Kick, Ban, Lock, Password, Change Map, Shutdown and Start Up the server. Other than that, no other player-affecting abilities come to mind.

If you have a problem with happenings on the server, contact us directly by joining our teamspeak server (ts.armaderp.com) and messaging either myself, |Shadow| or TheCamel. Or, you're more than welcome to post in our forum at www.armaderp.com

Edited by Manta-Avoid