Geckco

Biggest Annoyance in the game

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is part of Rockets attempt at preventing server hoppers. Players I talk to who tend to jump servers often or log in and out a lot seem to have increased load and login times over players who stay in servers for longer periods. It could be a coincidence but that's what I've observed.

I think that there's not much what the Devs can do about it, since it's a (shitty) server related issue... the more ppl are playing on that specific server, the loading time just skyrockets. When there are less than 10 ppl playing, joining is almost instantaneous. At least that's what I have experienced.

Edited by Gʀʌʏ Fох

I agree with Gray. Logging is sometimes lightning quick on some servers. Other times it's a game of "log in, go take a shit, come back and you're still loading...."

If it doesnt load within 5 minutes, I go to a different server

Yeah same

I often cannot enter low player servers. I would imagine that many others cannot join them either and that is why the player count is low. I have never been able to join a server instantly.

I agree with Gray. Logging is sometimes lightning quick on some servers. Other times it's a game of "log in, go take a shit, come back and you're still loading...."

Its definitely server dependent, but not in the way he says. Ive loaded into servers with low pop and had it take longer than servers with med/full pop. Ive also seen slow loading on servers with less than 100ms while servers in EU at 250ms load in a minute or less.

I think it really comes down to which servers are configured correctly, fully optimized, and exceed hardware req's.

If waiting for character to create takes 10 or so seconds you might as well abort.. You'll wait 5+ minutes or the server won't load. This beta patch seems to be awful for loading compared to some others..