infinitegrim

Anyone else feel that .50 cals....

Should not be in this game? The game at my M4 Eotech 203, so I got my revenge through killing noobs in Elektro. After using the M107 its clear to me thats its too powerful of a gun to be in this game.

I just hate how someone can sit around and get 1 lucky hit on you, and it instantly resets everything you worked for, and low you have to start again.

So you did what all the tards do and started sniping noobs in Elektro with that noob cannon?

Boo. No beans for you

• Like 9

Getting shot by that weapon in real life would kill you to, i like that the game gives me the opportunity to actually use one. Most games wouldnt have added it because of the power it has.

Also sniping noobs in elektro is getting pretty old these days, ive been anti sniping for a while now with some pretty nice results so watch your ass!

• Like 1

Well i agree they are very strong, but then again the M107 u can hear on 2 Km, so its easy to find the sniper and kill him!

First thing i do if i die, is go to electro and scout these hills and 8/10 times i get a kill of a sniper and many times its "noobs" with a M107 or AS50 just shooting random bullets without moving position.

Imo they should remove the Termical feature on the L85 AWS - then the game seems balanced enough. But i guess thats individually how u see it.

It should not be in the game. No scoped weapons higher power than an ACOG should be in the game.

All fighting should be close to one another, more intimate.

Fewer morons sitting on a hill spawn killing "noobs" from 500 meters would be good for DayZ.

• Like 4

.50cal is fine, If you run around in a open field or down a runway you gunna get sniped.

Sniper rifles have no place in this game to begin with. I highly doubt they'll make it into te final version.

Wow, that looked exciting. For reals though, how many hours did you camp under that tree for those three kills?

So you did what all the tards do and started sniping noobs in Elektro with that noob cannon?

Boo. No beans for you

While using it I realized how much bullshit the gun is.

They need to make .50 cal spawns 1/100th of what it is. Seems like our group is finding 2+ each day.

Edited by InfiniteGrim

man look at that guy doing his surviving thing...

I was on day 10 or 11 and got bored. I actually went into town and let someone kill me then. The game deleted my M4 w/ Eotech so I didn't want to run around with just a M107, so I desided restarting from scratch might cure my bordom.

So to all those bitching about me killing noobs, I gave one of those noobs a M107, cayote, 2 NVG's, GPS etc....

Edited by InfiniteGrim

.50cal is fine, If you run around in a open field or down a runway you gunna get sniped.

In other words, never go anywhere with loot.

Should not be in this game? The game at my M4 Eotech 203, so I got my revenge through killing noobs in Elektro. After using the M107 its clear to me thats its too powerful of a gun to be in this game.

I just hate how someone can sit around and get 1 lucky hit on you, and it instantly resets everything you worked for, and low you have to start again.

[/media]

The AS50 is even more powerful...It has the same damage as the M107 but it's quieter, less recoil which can allow you to get back on target much faster, and it does more damage to vehicles than the M107..

Once they fix the alt f4/disconnecting issues, I won't mind if they take them out. But right now, it's almost the only time I can actually kill someone before they get a chance to disappear.

• Like 1

I like the idea of sniper rifles in this game. Adds some extra depth to sneaking around and planning out how you are gonna get supplies.

yea but a .50cal makes no sense since the military force that came in would most likely not have brought a Anti-material weapon unless there was a need for it. And by the evidence in-game based on the fact that there are medical tents in cherno and that there only seems to have been a single military force in the area that the time would mean that they were there to try and stop the outbreak, which anti-material weapons wouldn't make sense since they are overkill on any soft target.

The weapon wasn't added by accident. There is a very specific list of weapons in this game. They aren't going anywhere.

Quit your bitching and get used to it.

• Like 1

Once they fix the alt f4/disconnecting issues, I won't mind if they take them out. But right now, it's almost the only time I can actually kill someone before they get a chance to disappear.

So true. At the moment a .50 Cal is more or less a must have to reliably kill players.

Its not overpowered. The people you were shooting were just morons. You went to the most obvious sniping spot, during day time, and started firing the loudest rifle in the game with with no care. You would have been dead after the first shot if anyone competent was in the area.

• Like 1

[/media]

What is your PC config ?

I get 120Fps in the wild, and only 20 in town (or even just looking at a town).