Sign in to follow this  
bahhh

Spawning with friends

I'd like to see "Spawning in the same spot with friends" in DayZ.

Put groups in DayZ server screen.(Currently it's all 1-1-A)

People with friends would go to the same group.

IF they have no character alive and starting fresh, they would spawn in the same place.

No other advantages such as green diamond reticles or anything.

Just spawning in the same place.

This would help friends play each other and especially after the 'respawn' option is eliminated.

What do you think about this?

• Like 2

100% Agree :-)

I'd like to see such awesome features too! It would save a lot of time and prevent a few annoying moments.. :-)

Edited by xAllTimeLow

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

^^^ +1

Stop looking for ways to make it easier. Your meant to be a stranded survivor. Not someone who just got off the bus with his mates intent on "ruling" an island.

its much more interesting to find each other! spawn with friends, I want to spawn with a car, can I?

so:

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

Uhhh.. OK

I see a lot of opinions, but could i please ask for a reason of your disagreement?

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

This.

Don't ruin the game by making it something like Left 4 Dead series where you will spawn near your friends. Just a thought.

Uhhh.. OK

I see a lot of opinions, but could i please ask for a reason of your disagreement?

I believe there are many reasons to oppose this idea. One of the main reasons are: it will be exploited like hell. The others will be able to give the rest of the reasons.

I believe there are many reasons to oppose this idea. One of the main reasons are: it will be exploited like hell. The others will be able to give the rest of the reasons.

Could you please tell me how this could be exploited? i am interested in that.

This.

Don't ruin the game by making it something like Left 4 Dead series where you will spawn near your friends. Just a thought.

I would like to know how spawning with friends like L4D would make this game any worse.

You're right that it's one of the main feature of L4D, but we can't say it's a bad one.

I think Lots can be learned from other games.

Edited by bahhh

^^^ +1

Stop looking for ways to make it easier. Your meant to be a stranded survivor. Not someone who just got off the bus with his mates intent on "ruling" an island.

Thats not a fair way to judge the quality of a game. Just because something makes the game easier doesn't detract from realism or quality at all. Unless you can state why this would be a detriment to the game I don't see why anybody should shoot it down.

Spawning together would make the game more social and at virtually no cost. They spawn just as naked as anybody else. And without this being implemented people will just spend 20 minutes sprinting to each other anyway. It's just a matter of taking out the tedious part.

I have to disagree with this idea. Group of 15 unarmed survivors spawn, troll logs in with M249 and mows them down. They come right back to the forums and QQ about the idea.

Then again, I have other thoughts... I believe the reason people don't spawn nearby isn't just to keep a space between players, but to also keep the loot from being totally ransacked. If you spawn let's say... A group of 8 friendly to the east of Elektro (common spawn) they're all going to rampage through that town and the next 2-5 survivors that spawn behind aren't going to have even a can of beans to pick up.

It's a great idea in theory, the idea sounds great. But it just doesn't seem like it would work great unless some other things were changed.

Edited by Tsyn
  • Like 2

I have to disagree with this idea. Group of 15 unarmed survivors spawn, troll logs in with M249 and mows them down. They come right back to the forums and QQ about the idea.

Then again, I have other thoughts... I believe the reason people don't spawn nearby isn't just to keep a space between players, but to also keep the loot from being totally ransacked. If you spawn let's say... A group of 8 friendly to the east of Elektro (common spawn) they're all going to rampage through that town and the next 2-5 survivors that spawn behind aren't going to have even a can of beans to pick up.

It's a great idea in theory, the idea sounds great. But it just doesn't seem like it would work great unless some other things were changed.

Ok. Maybe we could come up with an agrrement where only 5 in maximum could spawn at a same time.

you are right that loots would be swept away, but isn't that the advantage of group play?

They will eventually team up and go for a loot run, i don't think it will make a huge differences except for when it happens.

even now, it is rarely distributed even to survivors.

About the m249 troll, Yes i think that SHOULD happen.

Group-plays should have both advantages and disadvantages.

M249 would prove that group plays isn't always safe and it would also prevent everyone trying for group spawn.

There's always a freedom of choice for players and their group.

I'm thinking about 20% of the playerbase uising the group spawn.

This wouldn't make solos so unfair.

Besides, lonewolves are much more stealthier for loot runs and has several advantages on it's own

Edited by bahhh
  • Like 1

Like that Idea

Why: its time to put more "group options" in dayz to improve cooperative gaming, in my oppion anything that helps to achieve this is positive.

I like this as an idea, but only if certain things are implemented.

1.) Yes, you have to be starting together. You can't just spawn on some friend whose already playing.

and 2.) You can't spawn with more than, say, 4 friends.

If some people don't like it then there should be an option in the server filter that's like "Spawn with group - True/False" or something like that, then it filters servers that let you spawn with friends or without.

No. Why should people be able to immediately spawn in all their buddies to them when they get into a firefight or trouble?

No. Why should people be able to immediately spawn in all their buddies to them when they get into a firefight or trouble?

I'm sorry if the thread was written in a confusing way.

I have stated that spawning each other could be possible IF only the players are starting fresh.

+1 good idea, i´m tired of making respawn, find good gear and die before get to my friends..... if at least i was shooting anyone.. geez

it might make people less paranoid actually having interaction in the game, i cant count the number of times i had my head blown off while i was unarmed and typing 'friendly' through DC

^^^ +1

Where do your friends live ? Mine live in the same city as me and so it would be realistic to spawn next to your friends.

I don't think that this makes it much easier, but you should only be allowed to spawn at friends who themselves spawned not more than 30min ago or so.