darkduke606

Performance Drop; 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

I would be shocked if this is GPU/Processor dependent for how widespread this issue is...maybe looking in the wrong place when trying to single out hardware, clearly it does not seem to be the issue, but if it helps...

Intel Q6600 2.4ghz Quad

nVidia 260GTX

Problem is seen across the board drops in FPS..I was getting around 20fps in wilderness and 10fps in cities (slow I know, new machine sitting next to me ready for build)

Now I see 8fps or so in wilderness and 2-4 in the cities.

Edit: I also forgot to mention I always play on the various Virginia servers (EXPERT) that are run by..I think, Jeff

I am having FPS problems since this update too

I just had a game where my FPS was back to how it used to be, until I died

When I respawned by fps went back to 5-10 unplayable slideshow for no reason that I could think of

Confirm this as well.

It looks like it's server dependant, I log in some servers and play @ 60fps, and others (like US Hardcore) run around 20fps.

I can too vouch for this.

Used to be able to run it at a stable 50/60 on high graphics. The FPS drop has started ever since the patch and is consistent over all servers.

Computer specifications :

Intel Core I3 550 @ 3.20GHz

4.0GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6850

If you guys provide as much detail as you can' date=' things you notice that bring it on, it will REALLY help nail it. I believe it must have been the last build/hotfix that has done it?

[/quote']

Rocket, my friend who had the lag issue after the latest patch fixed his. He was running cfx ATI 5870's. He used the auto installer to apply the 1.5.8.2 patch. He was getting horrible lag. I told him to delete his addons content and manually install the patch files. That actually fixed his lag. He then updated to the newest catalyst drivers and is running smooth. Hope this helps.

I've tried that and it did go away, but over the course of an hour or so it slowly crept back. As of today I've tried 13 different servers, all hosted by different people and no avail. My FPS today according to FRAPS is 2. It's like playing a slideshow. :(

He was getting horrible lag. I told him to delete his addons content and manually install the patch files. That actually fixed his lag. He then updated to the newest catalyst drivers and is running smooth. Hope this helps.

Bullshit. I tried that and it didn't do shit.

The issue definitely started with the 1.5.8.2 hotfix. Had 0 issues with 1.5.8.1.

Deleted DayZ addons and re-added them yet again, fps problem remained.

Updated Battleeye as suggested in this thread, this brought my fps up to 25-30 for about an hour, after which it slowly came back down to a crawling 5-9fps.

Updating video drivers had little to no effect. Rolling back to older drivers had no effect.

Re-installed ArmA II + OA completely and re-applied the mod, still the issue remains.

I've logged in and out of multiple locations in-game and tried different servers. The fps drop seems to happen immediately after loading into the server, it drops slowly (about 1 fps every 3-5 minutes for me). Tried staring into fires, at clouds, oceans, broken glass, woodpiles, wire-fences, and about all directions, but I can't tell if it's anything specific to game causing the drop.

Ditto issues, games unplayable for me

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Phenom II X2 545

Callisto 45nm Technology

RAM

4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (5-5-5-18)

Motherboard

FOXCONN A7VMX-K (Socket 940)

Graphics

W1943 (1360x768@60Hz)

ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series (ATI AIB)

None of the mentioned methods work for me, currently the game is completely unplayable at my end.

Need a fix for this promptly.

So are we getting a Dev to comment on this issue, or any sort of twitter about it?

If they're looking into it?

Yep same here depens on servers some servers i have good 30-40 fps in town and another server it's slideshow 7-9 fps in same location.

Updated to latest Nvidia drivers, worked FANTASTIC for all of 5 minutes. I got near a city and FPS started to slowly decline. After 15 minutes it was unplayable.

FYI guys! from the twitter feed..

Day Z Development

‏@dayzdevteam

We have been looking into the FPS/LAG issues and we have found a major problem, we are working on the solution thanks for reporting it guys

Looks like a fix may be incoming soon! :D

HOTFIX : 23 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8.3

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Temperature not increasing in sunshine

* [FIXED] Cleanup not occuring on servers for loot (causing massive lag and FPS issues)

* [FIXED] Fires can't be placed in buildings

* [FIXED] Tent's cannot be placed easily (reduced object checking zone area)

* [FIXED] Cleanup not occuring on servers for loot (causing massive lag and FPS issues)

Woohoo! I'm going to rejoin ASAP and see if there's a difference. (Will report back here with results.)

EDIT: Reporting live from Virginia 22, I can say that the new hotfix has definitely resolved my performance issues. Hopefully more reports with the same will come in soon.

Yea I take it back, sorry :\

Worked perfectly on one server, I joined another and it was shocking.

This server happened to be bugged, too. Not sure if it's related to the new Z spawn mechanic? It's something not graphical anyway

I applied the 1.5.8.3 hotfix and it seemed to have been working(35fps), however once I aborted from the server I was on (Dallas 13) and reconnected, I found that my client was crawling yet again at 5fps. I aborted and reconnected yet again and am now at 16-22 fps (it keeps jumping up and down).

As a side note, the server was also having an issue where items were not respawning. I will try other servers to see if the issue persists.

Yeaaah I was on UK6 in the dark and I had like 60 FPS... got on an american server right now Virginia 6 and I have 9 again... :(

Joined another server just now and I had 7 fps... :(

I still had the FPS problem on Dallas 14, rocking that 9 FPS on 1.5.8.3

I have not noticed an fps improvement with the 1.5.8.3 hotfix ...................

Same here! Still got 10-40fps with high-end setup. I've tried new beta servers and a lot of normal servers too, i didn't notice a difference.

What kind of video card do you have? My buddy noticed no performance hit what-so-ever and mine is completely unplayable.

Sorry the late reply. I have a 2GB HD6950 flashed to a 6970 and then OC'd. I even run the game at 200% my native resolution; 1680 x 1050 and my frames have stayed the same.