Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Vaan MD

A message to rocket.

I understand you are a hardcore pvp type of guy but why cant you let us Roleplayers, who want to live the game in a different type of way, not have a chance.

I understand you are a hardcore pvp type of guy but why cant you let us Roleplayers, who want to live the game in a different type of way, not have a chance.

Rocket has said, over and over again, PvP is part of the game, deal with it.

"time and time again, PVP is part of it"

Or until commercial requirements dictate a wider audience.

He has also said that he in no way wants to force players into PVP and other situations and will look into making PVE servers in the future so all is well :)

Pretty much this. You don't have to PvP everyone; a lot of players do, but it's not required. I have ZERO murders/kills and I've been playing since the old Makarov days. I don't avoid populated servers either, or social interactions, you just have to be careful and use your head. Once you learn to not get killed, PvP adds a huge amount to the game (even if you don't partake in it). When I run into town to resupply, I am not afraid of the infected, I'm afraid of snipers and well geared teams. Zombies haven't killed me in quite a while, but players have (due to my own carelessness).

It's a dangerous world out there, and playing as a medic throws you right into the middle of it. But with patience and skill you can live 15+ days, as I do.

He has also said that he in no way wants to force players into PVP and other situations and will look into making PVE servers in the future so all is well :)

Something tells me your not telling the truth.

If you want RP join a dram club or play Sims?

Or

Go up north, build a fire, rock and forth while singing Neil Young tunes and wait for someone to come along and spray your brain matter all over the fire pit.

PvP is NOT part of the game.

It is basically the game.

UO at least had some elements of role play back in the day, but even that eventually died (although the introduction of safe zones aka trammel expedited the death).

DayZ needs more content, NOT safe zones. Special events anyone?

• Like 1

I think that Roleplaying has a part in this game; it's all around us, it influences all the choices you make in the game, that's the entire point. The problem is, with the amount of bugs, hackers, and current server rules of the game it's just not possible to run a hardcore RP server at this time. (IMO)

Edited by Guest

if you want to avoid pvp, get your friends that your supposely surviving/rping with, and log into a very low populated server, and stay in the middle/north part of the map.

Please quote this.

Here's a hint: You can't.

Guys i understand that pvp is part of the gameand i will keep the factor in the game because its not like im going to take bandits out, i just want us to be able to have faction groups.

Guys i understand that pvp is part of the gameand i will keep the factor in the game because its not like im going to take bandits out, i just want us to be able to have faction groups.

You can. Start a faction. Missionaccomplished.gif

Because this game isn't about roleplay, it's about survival.

False.

The same could be said about mindless murdering and constant deathmatching.

This game is a sandbox, meaning it is open to a variety of different playstyles. The problem that comes with PvP is (although it's generally just as much a valid playstyle as any other) it often has a bad habit of interrupting and imposing itself upon every other style of gameplay.

It's sadly the nature of the beast, from a game-balance perspective.

• Like 1

My bad wrong use of the word of factions. I want to create a server with a trade organization, 2 warring factions, and a carebear society of medics, as well as a large civilian population that has the option of choosing where to join or just do there own thing. I dont want everyone to be all bandits, i feel like getting shot on sight is really ruining the game for some people..

My bad wrong use of the word of factions. I want to create a server with a trade organization, 2 warring factions, and a carebear society of medics, as well as a large civilian population that has the option of choosing where to join or just do there own thing. I dont want everyone to be all bandits, i feel like getting shot on sight is really ruining the game for some people..

That is exactly what exists right now. You have FreeSide, Zub, and other trade organizations, there are multiple factions who fight it out (clans), while Medics do their best to patch up the civilians (non-affiliates players). Not everyone is a bandit, you just never see threads bitching about the guy who saw me in the woods but chose not to engage.

you just dont got the same picture i have in my head. Thats why you feel like it exists