macbuk

Low FPS only on DayZ

but i don't like those black bars on the side :C

You don't get black bars on the side in this resolution.

theres your problem!!!! run everything on high so it uses your gpu not your cpu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOPE. It's even worse that way.

I think its your CPU being slow and that DayZ makes the zombie stuff calculate on your PC.When I play SP in OA its smooth until I hit a city with lots of AI,then its like Dayz.

Yeah, that's surely it. I'll be upgrading CPU, but to do that i need also to upgrade my motherboard, RAM and AC. It won't happen anytime soon. D:

If anyone knows any other ways to maximize FPS, tell it here, please.

Dammit! All the good stuff is gone! Gotta live with what i have then.

if upgrading, i think u definitly need a new cpu and gpu :)

if i were u, i would buy a full new pc

if upgrading, i think u definitly need a new cpu and gpu :)

if i were u, i would buy a full new pc

Nah, im not touching my GPU atm. Also buying full new PC is too expensive, it's much cheaper to just make one yourself out of bought parts.

for upgrading current pc, if u buy a cpu alone, u might have trouble installing it (mother board incopatible etc)

same things goes for gpu, to be honest.

but i do understand the budget limitations

Edited by h3retic

Guys be happy you atleast have 100 FPS I get like 11 minimum FPS everywhere to like 17 - 20. In a town I get 10-15+ depending on the server.

I have done anything possible to improve my FPS.

I use Six Updater, when I try the high priority thing, it will say access denied.

for upgrading current pc, if u buy a cpu alone, u might have trouble installing it (mother board incopatible etc)

same things goes for gpu, to be honest.

but i do understand the budget limitations

Trust me, i know what i am doing. ^^

Of course not all CPU are made for all sockets. I'll stay with Socket AM2 and propably Phenom II CPU.

The only thing with GPU is slot: AGP and PCI. Mine is PCI, so i don't see any problem here.

Same goes for RAM. On my current motherboard it's DDR2, on my new one it'll be DDR3, so i'll need to upgrade it too.

Guys be happy you atleast have 100 FPS I get like 11 minimum FPS everywhere to like 17 - 20. In a town I get 10-15+ depending on the server.

I have done anything possible to improve my FPS.

I use Six Updater, when I try the high priority thing, it will say access denied.

Who said something about 100FPS? I'd be hell as happy to have that much. I get like 15-20.

Edited by macbuk

I know right, I get angry when someone complains they have from 100+ FPS to 70, and I've seen it.

I'd do anything to just get at-least 20-30 FPS everywhere. That will be the day.

Edited by ChinWooMan
  • Like 1

Try the methods listened above. Don't use Six Updater, make a shortcut for DayZ in it, and use it. Then in Task Manager change priority to High. Also use 1024x768 resolution in game.

Edited by macbuk

Most of the time, its the server. No idea how a server can affect your framerate, but it happen to me and my buddies as well as we are all on the same server.

I noticed that when you die, sometimes it start. My theory is that the game still load information that is from your old character that recently died. Zombies, items or maybe even environement surrounding your dead character, no idea. So while you play with that character, its almost as if you were playing two characters at the same time. Imagine the load.

So yeah, try another server it may fix your problem. Good luck.

PS: You are not alone. :P

Same problem, I get 60 average FPS on benchmark 1 in Arma 2, 12 FPS in benchmark 2 (the one with 10 helicopters and planes, 20 tanks, explosions everywhere...).

In Cherno in DayZ I'm happy if I have 15 FPS :/

Edited by Kiro

Why are people saying use 1024x768?

Just wondering.. might have to try that

lower resolution = less work for ur system = better performance

however this does not work in all games, as some have pretty much the same performance on all resolutions

Edited by h3retic

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Just tried to use -winxp with all the previous hints from all of you. It was finally like 60FPS! Then i tried to turn setting a little higher. Guess what? STILL 60FPS! Now I'm playing on High/Very High, with no Post Processing and medium AntyAliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. It wouldn't be possible without you, i literally love you. :D

Just ended my first adventure in DayZ. It went really good. Hatchet, Remington, plenty of ammo, compass, watch, map. But no food. NO. FREAKING. FOOD. ANYWHERE! I started to starve when i found some military buildings. Went to one - M16. As much as happy I was, I died. Right on top of M16. Yea, tell me about bad luck.

@Edit - Forgot to tell - I killed a cow, just to find out you can't eat it raw. Plenty of wood - no matches.

Edited by macbuk
  • Like 2

Should have used your shotgun to transmute your shells into beans by passing them through some zeds, thats what I always do when Ive forgotten to pack some lunch.

Been fiddling around with all these tips trying to get a smooth enough FPS to shoot propperly, but I think ive actually lowered it. Cant remember what combination I had to begin with either, but at least the games lookin twice as nice now.

Heard that messing with the number of prerendered frames can greatly increase FPS. Time for more tinkering.

• Like 1

lower resolution = less work for ur system = better performance

however this does not work in all games, as some have same pretty much same performance on all resolutions

I get that, but (unless my reading comprehension is off) it looks like people were saying use that instead of 720 for some reason.

I didnt read every post but just wana say. Isnt pentium CPUs like 10 years long gone att least?

• Like 1

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Just tried to use -winxp with all the previous hints from all of you. It was finally like 60FPS! Then i tried to turn setting a little higher. Guess what? STILL 60FPS! Now I'm playing on High/Very High, with no Post Processing and medium AntyAliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. It wouldn't be possible without you, i literally love you. :D

Just ended my first adventure in DayZ. It went really good. Hatchet, Remington, plenty of ammo, compass, watch, map. But no food. NO. FREAKING. FOOD. ANYWHERE! I started to starve when i found some military buildings. Went to one - M16. As much as happy I was, I died. Right on top of M16. Yea, tell me about bad luck.

@Edit - Forgot to tell - I killed a cow, just to find out you can't eat it raw. Plenty of wood - no matches.

LOLWUT -winxp is for multi gpu xD i oficially dont get it haha

u know what, im gonnat try that too tmrrow :D

Edited by h3retic

How do I make a shortcut for DayZ so I can set my priority? Also where do I edit this -winxp thing without using Steam?

Edited by ChinWooMan

How do I make a shortcut for DayZ so I can set my priority? Also where do I edit this -winxp thing without using Steam?

run arma2 arrowhead, then alt tab to desctop, ctrl alt del, task manager, find arma2oa.exe in processes, right click on it, priority - high.