Anyone else waiting for the rage from people who didn't read the patch notes? :D

Indeed. See what I did there? Everyone is focused on the temperature system while not realizing their rifle has turned into a peashooting loudspeaker.

Seriously though, some feedback would be good. Winchester was only ever placeholder.

For me, nothing really changed, except the fact that now you should engage zeds from slightly more distance than before. Taking into account that I'm not interested with PvP (perhaps, intentionally) Winny is still a gun of choice for me.

My teamates are so going to die tomorrow night when they log back in after downloading the patch because I advised them to use the winchester over anything else and they are new... Im going to laugh either way!

Personnaly, Im waiting for the waters to calm down. Would be a waste of time to get on a server right now. People are furiously trying to test it, why some server are no up to date, plus you have players that dont update as well... Complete chaos, rather wait tomorrow morning when it calm down and hotfixes are done.

Soooowwy! :)

I feel that the winny change will cause the military based loot to be more attractive. Besides that I wont look over the crossbow anymore, and the lee ndfield also got more attractive.

I haven't logged in yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to miss one shotting zombies from 20 feet away and not attracting any attention. I hope my tears are delicious

Indeed. See what I did there? Everyone is focused on the temperature system while not realizing their rifle has turned into a peashooting loudspeaker.

Seriously though' date=' some feedback would be good. Winchester was only ever placeholder.

[/quote']

My current feedback based on two events:

1. May have taken 2 shots to kill a player - I'm okay with that.

2. I shot one zombies in a building near 7 others and for a constant 15-20 minutes I was shooting zombies and every so often there would be a grace period of no zombies for a minute, either the gun has the sound of a ballistic missile or the spawning is a little too fast. I think I ended up killing 42 zombies?

I feel that the winny change will cause the military based loot to be more attractive. Besides that I wont look over the crossbow anymore' date=' and the lee ndfield also got more attractive.

[/quote']

The crossbow is so horrendously useless solely because of the fact that you carry a single bolt per space. If you actually carried 5 or so per space it would be an entirely different matter.

Please revert the winny for what was, at least the loud issue, its louder than Lee Enfield.

-33% of damage = OK

loud as fuck = SHIT! REVERT!

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Sorry theres nothing wrong with rather weak over range and loud.

The 1866 uses a .44 rimfire (11x23R) catridge originally loaded with Blackpowder, Thats why the cartridge is never fully loaded with powder when nitro is used...800 Joules at muzzle is all that this cartrige can deliver. thats a fourth of of what a .303, .308 or 7.5x64 can deliver and at a much shorter range. the .44 is more comparabe to a 9x19 or .45ACP.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/.44_Henry

It was about time to correct that especially since all other stock ArmA II guns have rather correct balistics and ranges.

Thats maybe why i tried to fight a normal survivor and got owned.

ya it might be a little louder but not by much, I was still one shotting my way through zombies without attracting too many, maybe 2-3 more than normal

I can kill people with it and it still takes care of zombies. Didn't make sense for it to be so quiet.

I say its fine. Though I did like pellet ammo, also because its red :)

its only alpha, almost pre alpha at that (no offense rocket)

I like it, I thought the winny was a bit over powered before because it seemed something awfully easy to use in a town, or anywhere near easy for zombies close by to hear. I'm glad to have it not feel like a safety blanket gun right now. It's supposed to be loud, and it's not supposed to be a perfect 1 shot kill gun. Especially at close range to others. It acted like it was nearly silenced.

Good change I think.

I find the changes to be fine. Its still my gun of choice since you can find so much ammo for it. If I get into a fight with a horde, I still manage to come out with 20-30 rounds left. More than enough to keep me going until the next town where I WILL find a few more pickups.

Seems fine, though I don't see why it was made somewhat weaker, louder, and lost the pellets. Pellets should've stayed!

i don't understand why pellets were removed, if anything the slugs were out of place.

looking at starter weapons,

the winchester should take the role of a CQC shotgun

the enfield is for medium-long range

and the CZ is a pure long-range pvp tool

with slugs, the winchester overlaps with the enfield, and is probably the better gun. it's just as powerful against zombies, but significantly quieter and with a lot more ammo. i think making it buckshot only would place it in its proper niche as THE zombie killing weapon of choice, while compromising on PVP capabilities. a perfect role for such a ubiquitous and noob-friendly gun.

Except it's NOT a shotgun' date=' hence no pellet ammo.

[/quote']

THANK YOU! I was waiting for someone to mention that little fact. I've only been playing since Saturday but I wondered why it took shells and everyone called it a shotgun. My father owns one of those rifles. It's definitely not a shotgun.

I know we have all seen this before

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Shaun_of_the_Dead

I always thought it was waaaaay to powerful, so i'm happy with the update :)

Only problem is it's to loud. Used it a lot last night and if you shoot it any where near town and everything for miles comes screaming. The problem with that in or near town it becomes a worthless weapon because zombies are respawning as fast as you kill them and just come running back from every corner of the town since they keep spawning and hearing the shots. Like other said we end up running out of ammo because they keep coming. We end up with a endless pile of bodies, no ammo, and 20-50 zombies still coming.

Course this is also a issue with spawn themselves. I watch from a hill as in a 5 house area my friend kept killing zombies, only for new ones to spawn as soon as old ones die and rush to attack him. It make it impossible to loot because you can never clear an area long enough to actual loot. It's just worse with the huge sound radius of the Winchester.

I understand that it's not a shotgun, but if the mod has it using shotgun shells shells shouldn't it act as a shotgun?

I don't have any issue raising the sound levels, 12 gauges are fairly loud. Even a 1 oz. slug is pretty devastating, though.