Sign in to follow this  
aesaunic

Are they taking away Bandits?

If they are, devs need to **** off. New patch doesn't display humanity and this seems to going in the direction of a carebear romp.

That post is uncalled for. There's been a long and good discussion about the humanity system, and the choice was made to remove its effects for now.

Let's hear your argument, why would an automatically assigned skin be so vital to this survival horror game?

I'm just saying that there was no NEED to take it away. If it's not broken, why fix it? I quite enjoy knowing how sinister I am and tracking murders and humanity is just incentive to keep playing. Especially since once you're fairly well kitted out there's not much else to do, unless you want to roll in a Carebear squad or you're into roleplaying. Me? I'd rather watch people cry and swear they'll find me and kill me in 225km map.

Also, and this is just my opinion, normal skin is UGLY. As a matter of fact, I feel like it adds to visibility to enemy snipers. When I'm hanging out in my "nest" I look for players based on the standard Survivor skin. The hat, the vest, and pants are all dead giveaways to finding a player holed up in the bush. Bandit skins seem to blend much better, and I've saved my own arse a few times by proning in similarly colored brush. If the devs were to eliminate Bandit assigned skins and instead drop in camo items into the game, I would be pleased.

Oh and then the decrease of Zombie spawns, because the game is too hard? QQ more carebears, let's run another awesome game into the dirt. Except for my first couple of hours in the game, Zombies really aren't even an issue. They're quite easy to sneak past, and unless you're an idiot running down the road with a flare up your butt, they are no problem.

I think the obvious decision is to put the power in the server's hands on these affairs. Leave the humanity system in and give servers the power to implement it. Zombie spawn behavior should be up to the server's discretion for the most part. I don't feel that would be game breaking across servers to implement different pieces of the game, as it's already widely in place with Veteran, No Crosshair, and different Timezones, as well as reverse Timezone servers.

I'm just saying that there was no NEED to take it away. If it's not broken' date=' why fix it? I quite enjoy knowing how sinister I am and tracking murders and humanity is just incentive to keep playing. Especially since once you're fairly well kitted out there's not much else to do, unless you want to roll in a Carebear squad or you're into roleplaying. Me? I'd rather watch people cry and swear they'll find me and kill me in 225km map.

Also, and this is just my opinion, normal skin is UGLY. As a matter of fact, I feel like it adds to visibility to enemy snipers. When I'm hanging out in my "nest" I look for players based on the standard Survivor skin. The hat, the vest, and pants are all dead giveaways to finding a player holed up in the bush.

Oh and then the decrease of Zombie spawns, because the game is too hard? QQ more carebears, let's run another awesome game into the dirt. Except for my first couple of hours in the game, Zombies really aren't even an issue. They're quite easy to sneak past, and unless you're an idiot running down the road with a flare up your butt, they are no problem.

I think the obvious decision is to put the power in the server's hands on these affairs. Leave the humanity system in and give servers the power to implement it. Zombie spawn behavior should be up to the server's discretion for the most part. I don't feel that would be game breaking across servers to implement different pieces of the game, as it's already widely in place with Veteran, No Crosshair, and different Timezones, as well as reverse Timezone servers.

[/quote']

I agree, it's getting way to easy. Looks like too many new people are moaning about zombie spawns and it being to hard for them. It was perfect the way it was. I also like to track how bad I am, but now/soon I'm forced into the shitty looking survivor skins until I find another. Too many carebears.

I agree' date=' it's getting way to easy. Looks like too many new people are moaning about zombie spawns and it being to hard for them. It was perfect the way it was. I also like to track how bad I am, but now/soon I'm forced into the shitty looking survivor skins until I find another. Too many carebears.

[/quote']

Exactly! Too many babies shouting I'M A FRIENDLY HELP HURHURHUR as a horde chases them. I've only had 1 horde of zombies ever chase me, and it was simply dumb luck. I see so many people who refuse to use the damn pocket of hot air in their skull and then demand gratification for it. I hope the Temp system scares them all away.

Survivor skins are just atrocious, I'm hoping that I can keep the bandit one for camouflage purposes alone. Usually when I'm in Bandit skin I only have to worry about more skilled Bandits because they know what to look for. Granted, there are some Survivors with a keen eye, but most of my deaths have been from sharper bandits. Hats off you guys, btw. ;)

If they are' date=' devs need to **** off. New patch doesn't display humanity and this seems to going in the direction of a carebear romp.

[/quote']

Downvoted. Ignorant, or troll. Read around and you'll have more faith in the development path.

How does getting rid of bandit skins make the game easier? It makes it a hundred times harder because now you don't have a convenient way of discriminating who a bandit is. People who used to shoot bandits on sight now have no convenient way of feeling safe. ANYONE could be a bandit, and not just a newbie bandit. The only thing this does is make it easier for bandits who don't need to convince someone they're friendly despite the skin. It makes it a hundred times harder for survivors.

Hi, you must be new here. You see, there was once a time were there was NO bandit skin. We are simply just reverting back to the old ways.

I'd like to refer you to the "search" functions that the webmaster has so graciously added into the forums. Some of us use this tool to see if a topic is already being discussed. I hope I don't have to hold you're hand on how to use this tool in the future, because you seem like a.. erm... bright fellow...

However, I took the time to simply search "Bandit Skin". I was given a page of different threads. After browsing through some of them for no longer than a minute, I found this one:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3693&highlight=Bandit+skin

In closing, I hope you found this tutorial educational. If you have any questions or are in need of further assistance, please feel free to send me a private message. I will reply to your inquiry promptly. Have a nice day.

Sure, the bandit morph worked... but it wasn't what they wanted.

Screwing a fat chick works, but obviously you're going to want to bang a supermodel.

Looking forward to selectable skins, player choice for the win. Be a bandit through action, not a silly KSK skin.

OP is a complete retard.

Removal of banditry means it's easier to fool others into trusting you. Most players inherently shoot at bandits on sight, but this way you can bait and lie yourself into their trust, then throw a smoke grenade at their feet while they're sneaking through a zombie filled town :D.

They are not taking away the skin per say, you will be able to find skins around Chernarus and there's obviously always going to be "bandits" on DayZ killing people but there won't be any way to see if someone is a bandit, you're going to have to guess.

Remember, it's supposed to be as realistic as possible and if you were to kill someone IRL while there's a zombie apocalypse you're clothes wouldn't magically change to military camo clotes.

If they are' date=' devs need to **** off. New patch doesn't display humanity and this seems to going in the direction of a carebear romp.

[/quote']

As far as I know, they also want to make it impossible to kill other players and focus on Coop instead.

Saying that no way for people to tell on sight if someone is a murderer or not makes the game easier......The level of stupid that was displayed by the OP is terrible. The removal of bandit skins takes trust issues for survivors to a whole new level. Well, an old level really. But an old new level. lol =P

Awh, how insulting, Wolfgang. ME SO STUPID :D:D:D:D:D:dodgy:

If they get rid of PvP I'm selling my ARMA discs/keys. This game is well dead/boring for vanilla playing now. A couple of years ago I was all over it, but Project Reality is all I need for tactical gaming.

I highly doubt in a zombie apocalypse that bandits would dress the way they do and hold signs up saying 'I'm evil everyone just thought I'd let you all know'

So yeah, use your brain when coming across other players. We don't want the game to hold our hands. It's supposed to be nervy. It sure will be nervy coming across other players with no way of telling if they're evil or not. The same way you wouldn't be able to tell IRL coming across someone.

Get rid of the chat too. Just use the direct voice chat to speak to people to find out if they're friendly. That would shit me up no end if I'm running through a forrest and from nowhere a voice calls out to me from nearby when I thought I was alone.

I highly doubt in a zombie apocalypse that bandits would dress the way they do and hold signs up saying 'I'm evil everyone just thought I'd let you all know'

So yeah' date=' use your brain when coming across other players. We don't want the game to hold our hands. It's supposed to be nervy. It sure will be nervy coming across other players with no way of telling if they're evil or not. The same way you wouldn't be able to tell IRL coming across someone.

Get rid of the chat too. Just use the direct voice chat to speak to people to find out if they're friendly. That would shit me up no end if I'm running through a forrest and from nowhere a voice calls out to me from nearby when I thought I was alone.

[/quote']

True, and even more now I'm getting ostricized for wearing the skin in question. I DO murder a lot of people on sight, but sincerely do wish to form groups when my friends are sleeping. It's a bit too bulky to have to hope that Direct Chat works, or wait for someone to type as they wave a pistol in my face. In fact, I welcome all murderous folks as long as you're willing to develop some friendship and makes others cry...as well as stock up on supplies :cool:

Steam Name: Aesaunic

Don't troll me please, I'm really exposing myself in an attempt to unify with some other like minded players.

EDIT: I think maybe this entire thread started in great fear of having to don the retarded cap 'n glasses crap. Apologies out to Rocket and the DayZ dev team. You really have had me hooked for about 4 days now, think the Ms. is starting to get a bit annoyed :rolleyes:

Once the bandit skins are removed, there'd be no incentive to cooperate with strangers. The only people you can trust are those you actually know outside of the game. The game will pretty much turn into a Call of Duty deathmatch since everyone, EVERYONE, will shoot first and asking questions later.

The bandit skin removal is a horrible idea. There's absolutely no incentive for survivors to work together now. They're removing the ONE thing that's kept so many people from just killing anyone they see. Now there's nothing holding anyone back.

tl;dr, game's going to shit once the skin is removed.

As this is a game/anti-game there is no way to mimic the moral dilemma of murdering a fellow human. While the game tries to portray a realistic apocalypse scenario, where I'm sure survivors would indeed work together and there may very well be bandits amongst them, a lot of players will bring a "oh well, I'll just shoot everyone" mentality as there are no repercussions for killing another player. Sure, the black and white labeling of players as survivor or bandit may not be the best approach but there certainly has to be consequence for murder. In a real life situation I doubt many of those who claim to be bandits would so readily shoot another person in the face.

It's unlikely we can create this moral dilemma so maybe we turn this into some twisted version of the Milgram Experiment where the players suffer real-life harm from our actions in game :) Or maybe take it to the extreme and have true perma-death where players only get one life with no re-spawn. People would certainly think twice before running and gunning or attempting to kill others as the risk to themselves would be too high. A single life might be too extreme but seeing as this is an anti-game I suppose it would be fitting.

Anyhoo, to sum it up...as this is not real life, people will not treat it as such and it will never mimic our actions if faced with these situations in reality. It's just too easy to shoot other players without repercussion or consequence.

[/quote']

You've got some nerve telling devs to f*ck off. The same devs responsible for making the best FREE mod in years. Ungrateful git.

A bit of a false-conscensus we got going on here.

Just because you won't trust anyone now that they aren't branded criminals doens't mean the community as a whole is going to feel the same way. I don't trust anyone I come across, and for the most part just avoid those I don't know, but there have been occasions I have crawled through zombie infested towns to help people who said they were in need of blood, knowing full well that I could be heading into a trap, and on the flip-side I've put a bolt through a guy's head simply because he didn't "feel right".

Removing the bandit skin will scare those who aren't comfortable with weighing risk against reward into seclusion, or away from the game altogether, but will not come close to destroying the community.

Once the bandit skins are removed' date=' there'd be no incentive to cooperate with strangers. The only people you can trust are those you actually know outside of the game. The game will pretty much turn into a Call of Duty deathmatch since everyone, EVERYONE, will shoot first and asking questions later.

The bandit skin removal is a horrible idea. There's absolutely no incentive for survivors to work together now. They're removing the ONE thing that's kept so many people from just killing anyone they see. Now there's nothing holding anyone back.

tl;dr, game's going to shit once the skin is removed.

[/quote']

Not really. Not at all.

There's no way to tell whether a person is friendly or not because of a bandit skin. I kill players regularly, but I live far into the North and I venture down when I need supplies. Because of this my humanity never goes under about -4000 and when I spend time at my base camp around my mates, it goes back up to survivor before my next trip South.

So quite often I'm a survivor shooting people, as are other people.

This game is supposed to be brutal, it's supposed to be nervy, it's supposed to get you stopping to think. If that's not for you, then this is the wrong mod for you. You cannot just walk up to a guy with a gun and expect him to be friendly. Start using the chat functions, ask if a guy is friendly, ifhe says he is, he may still be a bandit. So think and if you go towards him, accept that you might get killed. This mod will not hold anybodies hand which the bandit skin does. 'Don't go near that guy, he's naughty'

That's not what we want the game to be.

The game really does challenge the paradigm of consensual conflict in video games.

Everyone's used to the "It's the Marines/Rangers/SF/Delta/SEALs vs. the (Insert any nationality outside of the US and Western Europe).

Here, it's you against EVERYTHING. Plus, it's unrealistic to have a murderer morph to an exact type of dress. If that was how it was in reality, we'd have a lot easier time catching serial killers. That's the point, it's not how it works in reality, you don't know who's altruistic or malevolent.

The phrase... never judge a book by its cover... comes to mind.

If anything, it's going to make the game stupidly more interesting.

No more of this shoot-on-sight faggotry against characters who have killed in self-defence, let alone the increase in sheer suspision of a distant character.