bjhermann@internode.on.net

AU5: Banned for being in a chopper (unknown if admin or not)

server: AU5 armaderp

time/date: 7pm 23/7/12

name: Nifty

I was on skype with my freinds when one of my freinds was in elektro and said that someone was flying over and hovering over elektro, the choppa had about 4 people in it, he shot them and killed two of them(I hassled him for their names but nameplates are not on and he didnt remember them or writedown their names..). He then told us that the choppa had landed north of elektro and that they had either loged of or run away, he then ran to it and stole it seing that the choppa had half full fuel me and a few others then started up dayZ to see if he would pic us up, by the time i got in the full server (15 minutes or so) he had allready picked up our 3 other freinds in skype, they told me were they were and i old them were they were. they then flew to me and picked me up, after flying from the NE airfeild down to near balota we were attempting to land then all of a sudden i was kicked due to (You were kicked from the game (battleye:banned). i can join other servers but just not this one, i do not know if it says battleye:banned becuase it is a legit ban from that server or a ban from an admin using a battleye server utilities program. (not sure if thats the name)

tl:dr

freind found choppa killed gunner(s), choppa landed, pilot was gone, he took choppa and picked us up then i was the only one of us banned.

now 2 things.

1. I was the only one kicked from the game, none of my other freinds in the chopper were.

2. why were the people that spawned it not kicked (only left once they were killed).

was this an Admin ban or a battleye automated kick?

if it was automated why was no one else kicked?

Edited by Nifty

Try joining a diff server, see if you can, that should tell you what kinda ban it was. :P

In theory you can't be banned by battleye for flying a chopper, only for spawning it. So chances are its a server ban.

One of the admin's didn't like you taking his chopper. That seems pretty clear. This is against the rules. You should report the server.

no it obviously wasnt a admins chopper, it was a hacked in and one that my freind killed a gunner and stole it, we probably shouldnt have been in it in the first place but...a chopper, cmon. we really wanted to fly it around before crashing it into the ground and destroy it.

update: server is now locked.

Edited by Nifty

All flyable helicopters are hacked in currently. If you were banned for flying it, the admin probably thought you're the hacker.

That should teach you a lesson about flying hacked helicopters, hm?

Edited by krtshv

All flyable helicopters are hacked in currently. If you were banned for flying it, the admin probably thought you're the hacker.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120201175507/fantendo/images/thumb/4/48/You_dont_say.png/453px-You_dont_say.png

Edited by Nifty
  • Like 1

I was online when this happen, if you have a problem on AU 5 Please post on armaderp website AU5 Admins do not troll these servers, but if your such an active player then you should have known that choppers are hacked items (or where at this stage when this post was started)

Actually, admin's aren't allowed to ban people for using hacked items. Rocket has said himself that you're ALLOWED to use them as long as you found them and didn't hack them yourself.

If the admin refuses to unban you, report the server.

Actually, admin's aren't allowed to ban people for using hacked items. Rocket has said himself that you're ALLOWED to use them as long as you found them and didn't hack them yourself.

If the admin refuses to unban you, report the server.

Oh my god, did Jesus actually say that? Well we must all listen to the mighty and powerful jesus. Avert your gaze and bow down for he has spoken.....

Still not running a server Xam, just acting like the hall monitor bitch?

Oh my god, did Jesus actually say that? Well we must all listen to the mighty and powerful jesus. Avert your gaze and bow down for he has spoken.....

Still not running a server Xam, just acting like the hall monitor bitch?

Just because you're renting a server doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't be renting one in the first place. I'm not saying that all servers breaking the rules should get blacklisted. More like informed how things should be handled. You are the ones paying, not us. But as long as they are connected to the official hive, the rules has to be followed.

The insults doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem with me, send a private message instead.

--

Nifty, I think I've found an admin of AU5 you should contact. He has posted in this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...-5-admin-abuse/ under the name "THE_UN533N"

User: http://dayzmod.com/f...173-the-un533n/

Also, I think this is the servers own forum, I'm not sure. http://www.armaderp.com

Edited by XAM

I was online when this happen, if you have a problem on AU 5 Please post on armaderp website AU5 Admins do not troll these servers, but if your such an active player then you should have known that choppers are hacked items (or where at this stage when this post was started)

Ban appeals are done here not on other site and since the server is locked *hmmm admin wants his heli back* I give this server 1-3 days before geting raped.

• Like 1

Ban appeals are done here not on other site and since the server is locked *hmmm admin wants his heli back* I give this server 1-3 days before geting raped.

The majority of bans emplaced by Admins on AU 5 are server specific. Therefore it stands to reason to post in the local forum for attention, referencing the DayZ post. Something as simple as:

Topic: RE: Banned at TIME DATE

Content: Please see post #15 at

I agree with Manta. the guys at armaderp are pretty understanding, and if you build your case and present it to them in a RATIONAL manner, then you'll more than likely be unbanned. Also, if it was a global ban, the ban message would say Global in it, and it would have a #XXXX code attached to it, which is the ban ID.

• Like 1

server: AU5 armaderp

time/date: 7pm 23/7/12

name: Nifty

I was on skype with my freinds when one of my freinds was in elektro and said that someone was flying over and hovering over elektro, the choppa had about 4 people in it, he shot them and killed two of them(I hassled him for their names but nameplates are not on and he didnt remember them or writedown their names..). He then told us that the choppa had landed north of elektro and that they had either loged of or run away, he then ran to it and stole it seing that the choppa had half full fuel me and a few others then started up dayZ to see if he would pic us up, by the time i got in the full server (15 minutes or so) he had allready picked up our 3 other freinds in skype, they told me were they were and i old them were they were. they then flew to me and picked me up, after flying from the NE airfeild down to near balota we were attempting to land then all of a sudden i was kicked due to (You were kicked from the game (battleye:banned). i can join other servers but just not this one, i do not know if it says battleye:banned becuase it is a legit ban from that server or a ban from an admin using a battleye server utilities program. (not sure if thats the name)

tl:dr

freind found choppa killed gunner(s), choppa landed, pilot was gone, he took choppa and picked us up then i was the only one of us banned.

now 2 things.

1. I was the only one kicked from the game, none of my other freinds in the chopper were.

2. why were the people that spawned it not kicked (only left once they were killed).

was this an Admin ban or a battleye automated kick?

if it was automated why was no one else kicked?

Nifty, has this ban been lifted at all? The tools available to admins don't readily let us determine who spawned the helo, and that is the person who should be banned here. If you removed the creator's control over the helicopter and used it, there are no grounds for you or innocents to suffer a ban merely because you were found in this spawned-in helicopter.

Send me your GUID. If it's not in the global bans list, I'm happy to unban you.

You can get your GUID by joining any ArmA II server that has BattleEye enabled, and typing the following command into chat:

#BECLIENT GUID

Screenshot the result, and send that to me. I'll do the rest and let you know the outcome.

Apologies for this having gone stale on the DayZ forums here. If there are problems in future, please post a reference link on our forums at www.armaderp.com. after creating your topic on the DayZ forums