Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

Whats so wrong about levels and a skill tree?

I PUT MA SKILL POINTZ IN BULLET DMG TO KILL U TWICE WITH MA MAKAROV IN 1v10 AT MAX LEVEL HURR

• Like 1

Ive read a lot here and how War z will kill Day z etc - but imo its like yelling how "Medal of Honor" will kill "Battlefield 3 close quarters".

Day Z is a mood at this stage - and who knows how it looks like it will become a standalone game

Edited by V3C1C

Because they are able to take an impressive game like Dayz and mimic the atmosphere and gameplay while correcting the cancer that is the constant bandit PVP problem that ruins the Dayz experience. If they copy Dayz exactly and find a way to bring murdering, shoot on sight psychopaths down to realistic proportions then it will be better than Dayz.

I haven't killed a single person since starting to play the game and I haven't been killed in a week or so. Stop going to Elektro or Cherno on populated servers, learn to pay attention and you will stop dying so much and actually get somewhere.

PvP doesn't ruin the experience of the game for me, it makes it more challenging and gives it a whole other psychological dimension. If you removed that, the game would become really boring.

Rocket is going to add consequences to the whole PvP thing. He has said this repeatedly. He just wants to do it properly and not in a half assed way. I respect that and can wait patiently. In the mean time, I am just avoiding other players to the point that they have no idea I am there.

If you can't adapt to the environment, you would probably have more fun playing something else.

Edited by soapmak3r

Depending on what rockets points of view are on making a commercial product and actually making money at some point by creating a stand alone version of the game. He cannot ignore warz or any other game that is going to develop something that uses the same concept.

Now warz is supposedly been in development for over a year now so i don't see how they could have used the idea from dayz to create their own. Unless they are flat out lying, but that will be known as soon as the first people start playing it since you cannot make a game within a few months although i agree that even if it had a more then a year development its still quite short.

But at this stage no one knows how the game is going to turn out, so saying that dayz will always be the better of the 2 ain't a valid argument as far as i am concerned since the game has not been released hell there is not even gameplay footage. But from the feature list we do know they plan on hardcore mode that will mean perma death if you get killed so that part is covered.

Now most will argue that dayz will be the more realistic of the two seeing as the engine its currently modded on. But there are still things that don't make a whole lot of sense in dayz if compared to real life situations. But in the end alot of people play games to have fun and if things become to much like real life in term of commitment then and lets be fair dayz can be hard to a large portion of people and does require you to do things you might not really like doing to get far in the game.

Simply put, warz does seem to be aimed at the masses thus if you look at things from a commercial point of view changes are the more casuals will be drawn to it. And although the die hard gamers make up a large portion of the community don't underestimate the numbers of the casual and roleplaying gamers. And in terms of features, i must admit there are features in warz that are appealing to me and i will try out the game once it comes out i will then see which of the two is better.

People say 'it's an alpha' because it is a mother-chucking alpha...Rocket would most likely keep to Arma 2's engine "

Day Z is only possible because it rests on the shoulders of ten years of development in a fantastic engine." War z will not take off. Believe me. It will be popular, but it will not be as popular as Dayz.

Edited by Sticker704

Whats so wrong about levels and a skill tree?

Oh wait you are one of those INTERNETZ STRONG guys that will get out his epic .22 LR Rifle in case of a Zombie Apocalyse and go all SEAL TEAM SIX with his Ghillie Suit?

Actually people train years how to be really good snipers, how to be good helicopter technicians, good car technicians, good medics etc. pp.. And as it happens to be most of them are not very good at all of them at once.

Yet in DayZ I can fly a helicopter, repair it after a crash landing, go all seal team six on noobs in elektro with my .50 and for the evening I am gonna butcher a cow after I hunted down some guys with my uber cool M4 Suppressed.

I would love to see a skill system implemented which makes you better at things the more often you do them. Maybe less dispersion with rifles due to better handling, better endurance, needing less parts to repair things, healing more blood with food/medic supplies...

Probably Ultima Online Style. It would give the game some appeal to survive longer and actually do some things.

Also some quests in the form of needing to rescue somebodies daughter how got stuck up in a town (or maybe she already died there). Or finding some clues about a research lab or some guy who stored a lot of guns in his house...

DayZ now only consists of Hackers, Dupers and boredom after you got your cool stuff. Entering a village is completely useless at the point you got a GPS, NVG, a good sniper and a good assault rifle.

And the GREAT THINGS which rocket had envisioned, like having a race with cars around cherno for a price with a racing track lighted by flares is just a bad joke. Nobody will ever risk their precious vehicle for that. Or they will all get shot at the starting point or finish line. Or they will all die due to a hacker. The only thing people do is going for PvP. Zombies are boring and no match even for a Makarov. So hunting people is the only real thing to do in "late game".

This game is just a KoS fest.

And seriously: ACE2 does that a lot better! Play a good CTI map. Benny's for example (ported to ACE2); which happens to be a lot more "kickass" than rocket when it comes to coding in ArmA 2. I don't remember having played even a single testing mission of him which was as bug ridden and badly done as DayZ.

I dont see where anything i said makes me a "internetz strong" guy.. Im simply saying the game is fine without a level progression. Best part about it when you become a big boy and get a job and family is that you can play a little here and there, The casual gamer is just as good as someone who plays hours on end because they dont have to try to level up to compete with others. They can log in, do some searching and log if they wish. They have a chance to find great gear and dont need to spend hours on end looking for it.

Edited by MGreenwald

Why so many morons on here of late?

Agreed!

The biggest mistake that could be made for this game, is if they noob it up more, because it went from hard, to easy in a short time, if they dull it down for the shit kids anymore, it wont be any fun to play, but all in all, its probably one of the best things I've played, they don't really need to change much base to the game now, rather than just sort out server stability and some A.I tweaks, Zombies are for too easy now.

... War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator...

Actually, WarZ is a couple of full fledged screenshots, nothing more.

• Like 2

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Stopped reading right there...OP clearly has no clue what he is talking about.

• Like 2

ill play what ever one will be more polished and easier to play. So far dayz is failing in that department.

Based on the fact you can actually play DayZ and it's more than just pure speculation, I'd say it's winning in that department.

• Like 1

Wow... you are even paying attention to The War Z? One screenshot shows the home, or customization screen, before you hop into a game. It looks exactly like that F2P Battlefield Heroes game. That's not a good sign for a zombie MMO. DayZ will always be the ultimate zombie experience.

• Like 1

OP is right in one thing - DayZ on arma3 engine will "kill" dayz on arma2. lolololol capt. Obv never sleeps I guess

Edited by Roboserg

How about just playing the game, see if you like it or atleast some parts of it, and then have the patience to wait untill the guy finishes it. Or...stop playing and wait till that other zombie game comes out. Either way, patience will be involved and that's what I think most of these "critique posters" (or whiners if you want to call them that) are lacking. This "I want it here, right now, dammit!!" attitude will get you nowhere, fellas. The sooner you realise that, the better. Plenty of other fun to be had in the world while you wait...or play :D

WarZ or ArmA3 will not kill DayZ the mod.

BUT: It will kill DayZ as far as potential. With rocket not wanting to try and make PvP meaningful like WarZ, those looking for a more fleshed out experience will migrate to WarZ. ArmA3 will also likely have a DayZ conversion, meaning players would be able to pickup and play with little effort.

DayZ had its shot to be something more than ArmA2 FFA with Zombies, but blew it because of a mass favoritism to pointless PvP. Now a company with money is sticking their neck out to try and put some substance into the open world zombie apocalypse, so it's a wait and see thing. DayZ will, at all times, cater to the griefer, so I doubt DayZ is going anywhere on an avalibility level anytime soon, but I also don't see it going anywhere in a progressive system.

I look at it like this: If you want to kill people for shits and giggles, raid places, hunt for exploits, and bitch and moan on the forums, play DayZ.

If you want a community of survivors that look, feel, and act like human beings trying to survive an apocalypse, play WarZ.

At the end of the day, play what you like.

Edited by Virfortis
  • Like 2

810k unique players and climbing... it was 550k just last week. I wouldn't worry about the life of DayZ - not very many games have such a following in the Alpha stage.

810k unique players and climbing... it was 550k just last week. I wouldn't worry about the life of DayZ - not very many games have such a following in the Alpha stage.

Minecraft.

Minecraft.

After 1 year maybe. Not couple of month

Two things ... first the game has grown from 300k players to over 800k in less than a month and

War Z ---------------> rick11.gif<------------ Dayz

• Like 1

I think it is just someone jumping on the band wagon. With no previous releases I will wait until the features have been implemented to see what is what. As far as we know so far, they have just adapted a game in their current publisher's lineup with screenshots.

With the sheer amount of copycat games being released, that are jumping on popular trends, it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Oh and you do realize that it will probably have MMO combat? you will probably have a hotbar and cooldowns. It will be nowhere near the shooting experience in Arma 2. If that is what you are after check out Survarium and save yourself some time.

Check PC Gamer for a rundown: http://www.pcgamer.c...llels-to-day-z/

"The game’s being developed by Hammerpoint Interactive, a new developer. According to Sergey Titov, Executive Producer, they began development last fall. “The major difference is that DayZ is a fantastic mod for a hardcore military simulation game,” Hammerpoint Interactive Senior Game Designer Eric Nordin says in an interview with IGN about the game. “We are creating a standalone game, with the entire world designed around a zombie apocalypse, so that players feel completely immersed in that environment.

Just another sub-par company releasing a RPG clone in a modern apocalyptic setting. I will happily retract my statements once there is some gameplay that shows all of the features stated above."

Don't get me wrong, they have novel ideas and I am inclined to believe that they are going for accessibility which caters for a number of people. Considering that this will probably be a MMO I would have thought they would need to put more than a year in.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 1

The both look like similiar games but unlike war z, day z will be player formed like minecraft. At least thats what he said. So where both games have the same idea, they will probally go in very deifferent directions. War Z looks to me at this point to be more scripted and less stressful which is goo and bad. In anycase only time will tell, as far as we know war z may never see the light oof day, at least we have hands on with day z

I would rather play day z on an realistic arma engine than run around killing zombies in another bad shooter mmo version......

You, and many people posting about War Z, must not be very familiar with mmorpg history.

There are roughly 50 mmorpgs which have been released in the last 15 years. By my estimations, around only five or six of them have not proceeded to crash in burn shortly after release, loosing the bulk of their subscriber base, consolitating their servers, and then died a slow death over the next few years or at best retained only a small, core player base.

I really don't know if this is a profitable model, somehow, or developers are just willing to gamble on a big WoW (and prior to that, EQ) payoff. Whatever the case, the odds are against War Z.

Star Wars The Old Republic is a good example of this presently taking place. 1.7 million players at launch (December). By May they'd already lost over 400,000.

Edited by McKh