Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

Arma 2 engine is a one of a kind pile of shit for an engine. Sadly Rocket had to develop the game on it to get sales for Bohemia and also to get their attention, so he can make DayZ on Arma 3, or with the engine.

sure arma2 engine is not the best - but can you name other who is capable of 225km2 50 multiplayer game + AI ?

Frostbite2 ? - yeah right - thay have thay super truper largest map in BF history - 2km large :D :D :D

Fixing KoS requires significant communication changes. KoS wasn't a big deal as the side chat / global chat was allowed.

Seriously guys... Day Z is fine, it isn't going to die anytime soon.

Me personally I'm going to play Day Z and War Z... and while I'm at it I'm going to try Class 3 by Undeadlabs AND The Dead Linger by Sandswept Studios.

I'm fed up with people thinking they can only play one game at a time.... I play mutliple MMO's (Currently Secret World & Eve Online) I play numerous RTS games each day depending on how I'm feeling... and occasionally i pop onto Day Z to run some people over in my truck :)

Even yesterday I was playing ... dare I say it... COD!

People need to learn no game truely ever dies... ancient games like Age of Empires.... Starcraft.... all have a loyal fanbase, so even if Day Z is soon to be dead there will always be a dedicated few.

Regards

Well but sidechat and global chat is nothing that should be in there.

Well maybe only if you have a certain item

In War Z there will be safe zones where you can buy supplies for real money (also possible with ingame currency (stem cells), just 20x slower).

You're right about the maps being smaller, but surely that doesn't change the fact that it'll be a pay-to-win game. People complain about Russian hackers in DayZ, but I can't wait to see the War Z forums when someone got sniped from a 3km distance at night with a golden silenced AS50 with thermal scope.

Woops, I died. Time to spend $5 and get full gear again.

mNx0m.jpg

I'm not sure if you're retarded or if you don't know ANYTHING about WarZ (I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're retarded based on your posts in this thread.

Power of observation, son.

I have yet to see an online F2P-P2W game that isn't completely destroyed by the amount of people that just buy everything they need and then go on to rape the content or other players. There is no doubt in my mind that War Z will be different.

To bad it's not an F2P-P2W game, read http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/19/the-war-z-announced-zombie-survival-shooter-mmo-with-strong-parallels-to-day-z/ before spewing out bullshit. Edited by SadPanda

So you say some noname company with noname engine will make a game better then Bohemia with their ARMA3 engine and their 10+ years experience in military sims?

You sir, are an idiot.

• Like 3

e7t3c.jpg

Translated: either spend weeks farming enough currency to buy something, or grab hold of your Paypal-purse and buy it mere seconds after spawning.

Nope, it doesn't require in-game transactions, but it sure as hell makes life a lot easier, especially if you want to skip the entire game and just move straight on to camping in a bush with your gold gear.

Edited by Applejuice

Translated: either spend weeks farming enough currency to buy something, or grab hold of your Paypal-purse and buy it mere seconds after spawning.

Nope, it doesn't require in-game transactions, but it sure as hell makes life a lot easier.

Please direct me to a source where it says it'll have P2W, I bet you can't.

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

I've always been impressed by the ability of some to guarantee a product will be completely perfect based on a short article, short on details, and heavy on promises. I've seen a thousand games designed to "do it better" than the game its obviously cloning, and they almost always disappear into the ether, never getting off the ground, or taken seriously. The MMO world is rife with the copses of promises made.

In short, don't let your frustration over one thing turn you into a gullible fool when it comes to another. The fact that they have chosen to put a big ass capital Z in the title of their game, smacks of cash in. Stick around for a while. Learn how this business works. The game might turn out all right, but your faith is unwarranted.

• Like 1

Please direct me to a source where it says it'll have P2W, I bet you can't.

I will when I get home from work, as all of the game-related sites appear to be blocked here, other than this one for some odd reason.

Anyway, it was something along the lines of slaughtered zombies dropping stem cells and those stem cells can be used for trading and purchasing items. All fine and dandy, but not when the next line said that bundles of stem cells could be bought for proper money.

Edited by Applejuice

I will when I get home from work, as all of the game-related sites appear to be blocked here, other than this one for some odd reason.

It's not even a F2P game, so I'm sure there won't be any P2W options.

It will take place on huge maps with up to 250 players at once. There will be trading. Players will be able to explore the world, trade at settlements, find notes and maps and seek out treasures, perform Warcraft-like fetch and kill quests and leave notes for each other. They will also be able to level up using an RPG skill tree. So, Day Z in the Secret World of Warcraft, Where You Were Left 4 Dead Near MAG’s Demon Souls, essentially.

Thats the description that i found about WarZ... This ruins everything that DayZ is about. DayZ throws you out, Says Good luck and you're on your own to learn the game, find gear, use your instinct to trust other players or not. There is no bull crap quests or leveling up, its not tryin to copy or be like world of warcraft. DayZ is one of the first games brought out in the recent years that doesnt treat gamers like they're stupid and needs to hold there hands. i LOVE the challenge of DayZ, its what makes the game amazing. If youre suck of bugs an hackers ect. than quit. No one is making you play the game. But im willing to tuff it out and wait for the buggs to be worked out. After all it is Alpha and its not being mass programmed. This game will never be "killed" because no big company is willing to challenge players and risk loosing them like DayZ... This game weeds out the weak and I friggin love it!!!

war z will destroy dayz. dayz sucks.

Says the guy taking the time to troll and respond in the DayZ forums.

ill play what ever one will be more polished and easier to play. So far dayz is failing in that department.

So you come to a forum for an alpha modification of a military simulation game and tell people how you want something polished and easy to play?

Are you sane?

Edited by perestain
  • Like 2

I've been a MMO games journalist for almost 4 years now, so I like to think I know the industry. An announced MMO does not guarantee success or even release. Today's MMO industry is more cut-throat than ever, dozens upon dozens of MMO titles are canceled every month, and almost as many are released and then not supported.

War Z looks like it could be amazing, but then, so did ToR and GW2. The Old Republic was hailed as a WoW killer up until release date, how did that go?

The War Z will sell big at launch, you don't need an expert to tell you that, but a relatively unknown company is supporting a game without subscription fees, the downfall of APB comes to mind here.

Enjoy DayZ for what it is, a genuinely great idea built on a bad game. Yes it may be dead in 6 months, but we may also see a fully fledged stand-alone game as well, naysayers are on every MMO forum on the internet, doesn't make it fact :D

• Like 1

Stupid thread, simply pointless.

Personally I like arma engine it has bugs sure, for me its realistic/engrossing more importantly atmospheric. I am pleased I bought it and I will definitely buy arma 3 if Day Z is DLC I will buy that why? Because I think its great and is worthy of supporting.

I do hope arma3 can increase player count above 200

• Like 1

War Z is nothing but a list of empty promises until they actually show some footage of the game in action. They are trying to do things no other game has ever done with only a year of development. They will be very keen to tell you about all the positives but they won't tell you bad things like how the entire map is heavily instanced or the netcode is even worse than arma 2.

WarZ is just stalker with zombies & skills. In my mind, it has good ideas (using another engine), but the rest... Well, that's basically some casual babymode survival game. When it'l lbe out i'll give it a try, but I'm pretty sure i'll stay on dayZ, since this is a real survival game.

War Z looks like it could be amazing, but then, so did ToR and GW2.

GW2 is actually pretty amazing, to be fair.

Enjoy DayZ for what it is, a genuinely great idea built on a bad game.

ARMA 2 is a bad game ? Considering there is NO military sims games in the world? Maybe you meant "bad engine" ? And again - there is no engine comparable to ARMA2 in regard to big maps, AI for hundreds of units etc. You are pretty bad for a game journalist.

Edited by Roboserg
  • Like 1

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

May people said the same thing about EVE. The main issue is that this is a new concept to shooters and as such people are going nuts with it. Once the game stabilizes and shit doesnt just disapper for your invenatory and the pop levels off there will be a form of balance achived. As for being a aplha man I have tested well over 400 games and I did game server paltform design and I can tell you that there are good reasons why this is still in alpha and Rocket is correct for labeling it as such.

Edited by XMorTus

It will take place on huge maps with up to 250 players at once. There will be trading. Players will be able to explore the world, trade at settlements, find notes and maps and seek out treasures, perform Warcraft-like fetch and kill quests and leave notes for each other. They will also be able to level up using an RPG skill tree. So, Day Z in the Secret World of Warcraft, Where You Were Left 4 Dead Near MAG’s Demon Souls, essentially.

Thats the description that i found about WarZ... This ruins everything that DayZ is about. DayZ throws you out, Says Good luck and you're on your own to learn the game, find gear, use your instinct to trust other players or not. There is no bull crap quests or leveling up, its not tryin to copy or be like world of warcraft. DayZ is one of the first games brought out in the recent years that doesnt treat gamers like they're stupid and needs to hold there hands. i LOVE the challenge of DayZ, its what makes the game amazing. If youre suck of bugs an hackers ect. than quit. No one is making you play the game. But im willing to tuff it out and wait for the buggs to be worked out. After all it is Alpha and its not being mass programmed. This game will never be "killed" because no big company is willing to challenge players and risk loosing them like DayZ... This game weeds out the weak and I friggin love it!!!

Whats so wrong about levels and a skill tree?

Oh wait you are one of those INTERNETZ STRONG guys that will get out his epic .22 LR Rifle in case of a Zombie Apocalyse and go all SEAL TEAM SIX with his Ghillie Suit?

Actually people train years how to be really good snipers, how to be good helicopter technicians, good car technicians, good medics etc. pp.. And as it happens to be most of them are not very good at all of them at once.

Yet in DayZ I can fly a helicopter, repair it after a crash landing, go all seal team six on noobs in elektro with my .50 and for the evening I am gonna butcher a cow after I hunted down some guys with my uber cool M4 Suppressed.

I would love to see a skill system implemented which makes you better at things the more often you do them. Maybe less dispersion with rifles due to better handling, better endurance, needing less parts to repair things, healing more blood with food/medic supplies...

Probably Ultima Online Style. It would give the game some appeal to survive longer and actually do some things.

Also some quests in the form of needing to rescue somebodies daughter how got stuck up in a town (or maybe she already died there). Or finding some clues about a research lab or some guy who stored a lot of guns in his house...

DayZ now only consists of Hackers, Dupers and boredom after you got your cool stuff. Entering a village is completely useless at the point you got a GPS, NVG, a good sniper and a good assault rifle.

And the GREAT THINGS which rocket had envisioned, like having a race with cars around cherno for a price with a racing track lighted by flares is just a bad joke. Nobody will ever risk their precious vehicle for that. Or they will all get shot at the starting point or finish line. Or they will all die due to a hacker. The only thing people do is going for PvP. Zombies are boring and no match even for a Makarov. So hunting people is the only real thing to do in "late game".

This game is just a KoS fest.

And seriously: ACE2 does that a lot better! Play a good CTI map. Benny's for example (ported to ACE2); which happens to be a lot more "kickass" than rocket when it comes to coding in ArmA 2. I don't remember having played even a single testing mission of him which was as bug ridden and badly done as DayZ.

Edited by Alienfreak