Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

The more Zombie games the better. I will play whatever is the best one at this moment. For now DayZ is way better than all other alternatives.

I highly doubt WarZ will take over DayZ I mean we are heading towards 1 million players which is pretty insane considering this wasn't even meant to be puplic, just some test mod for a game Rocket help develop.

sigh. Gamers will never learn. Why be upset that other games are entering the Genre??? More zombie games the better imo! Also, its way to early to tell if WarZ will fail or not so Dayz Fan boys need to chill out. Day Z is a great game but it has killer bugs and a growing shit community of hackers, cheats, & whiners. So what if they get to 1 million unique characters? People still leave everyday and move on to other games or they play infrequently. Honestly, how many times can you run across the chenarus map for hours until you get bored? how many times can you log in and hit up the empty airfields in hopes you get a fire fight that doesnt end with a DC? Even so that its Alpha it still wears people down to the point where it becomes un fun.

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Arma 3 is coming up and at this stage day z is still in alpha. I really hate it when people respond to a bug/glitch with "It's alpha, deal with it" or "you're here to test the game since its alpha". Its been in Alpha for quite some time and once it becomes beta, Arma 3 would have been released. Seeing as Arma 3 is coming up and from the looks of it Day z will continue to still all be a mod rather than an integral part of Arma 3, throws me off that it will remain to being buggy and out of place with regards to the engine.

Though rocket said that there will be a stand alone game, there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

So I'm thinking if Day Z wants to survive, in my opinion they should just stop trying to make Day Z work on Arma 2 and make a stand alone game or make it an integral part of Arma 3 but I highly doubt the latter would happen.

WarZ will ruin this game, all the in game footage I have seen just crushes DayZ you should really watch some of it, it's available.................... oh wait no there is none.

Microtransactions. SHIT.

As of now we only have talk and youtube footage.

Browse youtube for footage of ArmA2, ArmA3 and DayZ to get a general idea of what you can expect from DayZ.

Browse youtube for footage of War Inc. Battle Zone to get the general idea of what you can expect from WarZ.

• Like 2

As of now we only have talk and youtube footage.

Browse youtube for footage of ArmA2, ArmA3 and DayZ to get a general idea of what you can expect from DayZ.

Browse youtube for footage of War Inc. Battle Zone to get the general idea of what you can expect from WarZ.

Yeah.. War Inc. looks like a fucking jump&run CoD without any realistics. Glad to be at the right game atm.

The hacks are gonna kill this game, not another game.

I never came across hacks when I started but I'm seeing them more and more.

Im goin to take a wild stab in the dark. This game Warz will probly be a fluffy cuddly easy mode console rehash of Dayz

What I love about Dayz is that its a old school (born 1980 so I seen a lot of decent games/ shit 1's etc ),proper sandbox, open world, no fluffy crap just hardcore, too many games are created and then RUINED because these developers are driven greed they make the mistake of designing/reusing old games/ideas etc and then making it so its all fluffy a 4 year old could play it but hey they sell millions.= profit

Thats why i fell in love with Dayz - its hardcore, no fluffy easymode shit. I hope Amra 3 incorporates the same thing as Black ops did with the zombie added with the game = add Rockets Dayz WITH the release of Arma3 = MAX PROFITS for all ( as long as they keep true to original dayz ) they would make shit loads

Just my opinion. ( 2nd post on forum yay :D

Edited by Rudie

Why is every WarZ enthusiast a complete and total butthurt troll that got killed in DayZ? Oh yeah. Because they're a total butthurt troll that got killed in DayZ.

Best thing about WarZ and its announcement ? ...... Anything they say they are going to add that might look good Rocket can add in his next patch and test :)

Why is every WarZ enthusiast a complete and total butthurt troll that got killed in DayZ? Oh yeah. Because they're a total butthurt troll that got killed in DayZ.

They will be happy when they join easymode game WarZ. Then every butthurt troll can be a hero.

I hope WarZ does well. Having a competitor should drive up the quality of both products, one would hope. This is the PC gaming world though so I'll remain a little sceptical, quality does not seem to matter these days, people will buy and spend on any old crap..

Im goin to take a wild stab in the dark. This game Warz will probly be a fluffy cuddly easy mode console rehash of Dayz

What I love about Dayz is that its a old school (born 1980 so I seen a lot of decent games/ shit 1's etc ),proper sandbox, open world, no fluffy crap just hardcore, too many games are created and then RUINED because these developers are driven greed they make the mistake of designing/reusing old games/ideas etc and then making it so its all fluffy a 4 year old could play it but hey they sell millions.= profit

Thats why i fell in love with Dayz - its hardcore, no fluffy easymode shit. I hope Amra 3 incorporates the same thing as Black ops did with the zombie added with the game = add Rockets Dayz WITH the release of Arma3 = MAX PROFITS for all ( as long as they keep true to original dayz ) they would make shit loads

Just my opinion. ( 2nd post on forum yay :D

OMG if your old school WTF am I ? (1966)

lol warz is supposed to have quests

lol

there is only one quest here - dont die

Kill 25 Zombies. Reward: Food.

Yeah that's a wtf moment.

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

In a society without rules where people have to survive, believe me people will kill others and the only way to address this would be vigilantist/bounty type action.

In a society without rules where people have to survive, believe me people will kill others and the only way to address this would be vigilantist/bounty type action.

No. They wouldn't.

Edited by Korax

Write 5 things that are actually working properly on DayZ

Thats why Ill play WarZ

The fuck... how much ignorance in this post. Wait, let me conclude: DayZ - alpha. WarZ - nothing yet. DayZ - a lot to change. WarZ - a lot to copy.

hey henyo10

from reading your text and realizing your name has a 10 in it i think its safe to assume you are 10 years old.

please understand that random assumptions from a 10 year old are of not much interest to pretty much anyone else (includes your parents - how can they let you play such a brutal game at your young age?).

thank you.

Edited by gobacktogo

War Z will be the new duke nukem forever.

Eh. While I understand your point, I don't think you can begin to grasp the fail that was DNF's development. From its announcement to release. What people knew about in the past few years isn't even half the story. I watched it go down. The original site. The 3D Realms site and announcement and all that early on. It's fail to such extent that it's difficult to imagine. And it wasn't their only failure. The original Prey was announced a LONG time ago. Then information vanished only to reappear something like 10 years later or more.

Edited by marik

OMG if your old school WTF am I ? (1966)

Just old.

Sorry you walked into that one hehe. I personally believe that WarZ is an elaborate troll. Armed with this new view perspective go back and read the warz article and tell me you couldn't have fabricated that yourself. Now you see it is the greatest troll ever.

I'm saving my beans to give to the awesome pranksters that thought of making that 'article' , well done whoever you are, Epic Troll.