Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

When Microsoft releases Freecell 2, the whole Gaming industry will be wiped out. So get your games while you can people.

I hear Freecell2 is going to be pay to win too.

• Like 1

How do you know? You are making all these assumptions based on a couple of staged screenshots and empty claims...

DayZ is here and we can play it. It is already a great game and it is only going to get better. From what I have read about this WarZ it is going to be another generic RPG style game similar to Dead Island...And I imagine it will be just as much of a let down as Dead island.

That it feels as if it has to cash in on the success of DayZ should be indication enough that it won't be very good.

I don't want skill trees, levels, xp points, quests and all that crap...That's what makes DayZ so great for me. I can play how I want, go where I want, assume whatever role I want, there are no quests, I make my own story and I become more skilful as I gain experience and knowledge about the game world and how to survive in it.

Rocket seems to understand this. That is why I am confident in the future of DayZ. It's a breath of fresh air and fuels the imagination.

Because they are able to take an impressive game like Dayz and mimic the atmosphere and gameplay while correcting the cancer that is the constant bandit PVP problem that ruins the Dayz experience. If they copy Dayz exactly and find a way to bring murdering, shoot on sight psychopaths down to realistic proportions then it will be better than Dayz.

• Like 1

Because they are able to take an impressive game like Dayz and mimic the atmosphere and gameplay while correcting the cancer that is the constant bandit PVP problem that ruins the Dayz experience. If they copy Dayz exactly and find a way to bring murdering, shoot on sight psychopaths down to realistic proportions then it will be better than Dayz.

That's a lot of ifs.

You're also assuming this no-name company that has only produced a single pay-to-win game prior to this claim will actually follow through with their promises.

Edit: All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up because of an interview and a few fake screenshots.

Edited by Super67_

"Yes. They have already interviewed the development team and they are already addressing the bandit problems that Dayz has. They have settlements with military police. If you murder somebody within the settlement the military police come after you. There are consequences for crimes, even in disasters. Just ask all the people who were arrested in New Orleans during Katrina."

Wow.. If that is the cast then Warz is worse then I thought it was going to be. So basically its a dumbed down Dayz for World of Warcraft kiddies who can't handle real PVP and needs NPC guards around to protect them rather then creating safe zones for themselvs. Just out of spite I might camp outside of these safezones and one shot noobs as they come out. Oh wait it will likly have grave yards and not be one shot kill. Please inform me how this game is even as good as Dayz and how it is even competing for the same audiance? Could they hold your hand any more?

I guess some people don't "get" dayz because it is a sandbox game and many people seem to think games like Skyrim and GTA are what a sandbox is meant to be, hand holding with missions and objectives.

But even you have to agree that DayZ, even with it's current level of hacking, banditery, KOS, disconnecting, server hopping, is more entertaining than 5 doctored screenshots.

I hope the mods are looking up the IPs that come and post this spam.

Yes. They have already interviewed the development team and they are already addressing the bandit problems that Dayz has. They have settlements with military police. If you murder somebody within the settlement the military police come after you. There are consequences for crimes, even in disasters. Just ask all the people who were arrested in New Orleans during Katrina.

You don't even realize how comedically entertaining your post is do you? Coming from posts like this of yours I can tell you have a very light grasp on the gaming industry and what is or isn't nothing more than fantasy or reality.

Edited by marik

I hope the mods are looking up the IPs that come and post this spam.

I hope they add spam (the food) into the game. Wouldn't it fit in perfectly. Who wants to much down on a can of sardines.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Do you really think Bohemia Interactive sat down when they were making Arma 3 and said we need to have a zombie mod in Arma 3 or it isn't going to be successful. Arma 2 has never been about selling million of copies, it has been about a military simulator for a very niche audience.

Jesus Christ, you people seem to get more stupid every-time you post.

Also you do realize that Day Z on Arma 3 will be an unstoppable combination and your WarZ which looks far too cartooney and bright to be about the zombie apocalypse will die like most games do that try and copy others.

• Like 2

OP and elliotle you appear to be the new generation of gamer where everything has to be sugar coated and you can't handle a bit of glitches or rough play and btw kid this game is in alpha its suppose to be glitchy its not completed yet and it has an amazing crowd following it, yeh the hackers are a problem for now but there are still plenty of people on the servers.

i bought it today died got hacked off a building picked myself up and i picked my balls back up and got more items and now i found an awesome little tent. I bet when you died you ragequit and made this thread :)

Edited by Ch00b

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Do you really think Bohemia Interactive sat down when they were making Arma 3 and said we need to have a zombie mod in Arma 3 or it isn't going to be successful. Arma 2 has never been about selling million of copies, it has been about a military simulator for a very niche audience.

Jesus Christ, you people seem to get more stupid every-time you post.

Also you do realize that Day Z on Arma 3 will be an unstoppable combination and your WarZ which looks far too cartooney and bright to be about the zombie apocalypse will die like most games do that try and copy others.

While i agree with everything you said, you can't flame people for saying it will be great based on screenshots and a wish list and then say it will be crappy and fail based on the same info. No ones know anything about this game but it's already being debated. All i know is it can't possibly be worse technically then dayz is now. Based on the commotion a web page and screenshots have made, alot of people will be checking it out.

Edited by unitus77
  • Like 1

Bugs could be worse and it could have been Vega Prime.

http://www.presagis.com/products_services/products/modeling-simulation/visualization/vega_prime/

Programmed that once, lol, expensive, way too expensive for what it offers.

Simulators aren't games in the traditional sense. A military simulator needs foremost weapons accuracy, imo.

A game engine just needs to look neat. Simulators need to get other things right before looks. Arma has also ofp as a history, so maybe in places outdated. Still that open world feeling is better than cryengine imo.

Edited by Ankhenaten

OP and elliotle you appear to be the new generation of gamer where everything has to be sugar coated and you can't handle a bit of glitches or rough play and btw kid this game is in alpha its suppose to be glitchy its not completed yet and it has an amazing crowd following it, yeh the hackers are a problem for now but there are still plenty of people on the servers.

i bought it today died got hacked off a building picked myself up and i picked my balls back up and got more items and now i found an awesome little tent. I bet when you died you ragequit and made this thread :)

Thats why I said I know its alpha. What I'm saying is the problem is that its still in alpha. I don't know where you get that I think this game is too difficulty for me. I love day Z but I just think its heading into a dead end at this rate.

So stop acting like some self righteous tool who thinks he has balls for not rage quiting when he dies

What I'm saying is the problem is that its still in alpha.

So you want the DayZ team to invent a time machine?

That's the point of this ridiculous thread?

• Like 1

So you want the DayZ team to invent a time machine?

That's the point of this ridiculous thread?

So you want to play a alpha game forever? Where every bug/issue is addressed with the alpha reasoning. Btw when you suggest inventing a time machine, its usually to go back in the past rather than go in the future. I think you should fix your ridiculous reasoning before you attempt sarcasm.

So you want to play a alpha game forever?

Four months is forever? For a small team of developers?

Just shut the fuck up, dude.

• Like 1

oh all those crying ppl about how DAYZ is going down and how other games will be some much better.

I think most of crying ppl have never looked on ARMA2 and its posibilities - you know DAYZ at this point using ~ 1% of what Arma is capable. And this is good coz DAYZ is in alpha stage and on this point most important thing is to get it run as smooth as possible and then leter on add more new features.

Sometimes you just try to use ARMA2 Editor and check it out. In editor, even me without super puper knowledge about making maps, can make SP/COOP zomby game which will be way better then DAYZ is only problem it will start to lag badly if I add more ppl then 4 on map.

Conclusion - there is still huge possibility to grow for dayz even on ARMA2 - SO dont cry - just wait a lil bit to make game stable at this ALPHA Stage and then features will come one by one

You're an idiot. The War Z is the exact same as Day Z, just a shitty MMO version

How do you know except for some news that was released?

I love DayZ but Z is a serious option..

WarZ and DayZ can co-exist, just like BF/COD, just like Forza/GT/N4S and all the other games that's like another game...

Things come down to very simple facts right now: WarZ is a list and a interview, wait until you see more, Dean is very focused on the standalone project, who knows what he has but you've seen his work, dedication and transparency already. That said if you prefer WarZ on release, go to it, if you prefer DayZ on its new standalone version, stick with it. Or ya know, play both...

Competition is good, and DayZ is not going to die, not soon anyway, the numbers are rising, its survived in top 5 throughout steam summer sale and its just climbing more and more, and whether 40 zombie survival comes out by end of year or 2 come out, DayZ will be there to stand tall and be its best.

Also OP remember, if DayZ was to be on Arma 3 it would have a lot more background support, especially since Dean is there, but it would be supported ground up, but the intention is to go standalone.

I should also remind you guys to reduce the hatred, come on, we're all adults, no?

Yes we are, /thread

Yet to over promise? Do you actually listen to anything he says?

You sound like one of these kids that said things like "Age of Conan is going to be the end of World of Warcraft". Unrealistic statements don't create a reality from thin air.

Well World of Warcraft its probably the best managed/developed game ever seen. What is DayZ?

Thats why I said I know its alpha. What I'm saying is the problem is that its still in alpha. I don't know where you get that I think this game is too difficulty for me. I love day Z but I just think its heading into a dead end at this rate.

So stop acting like some self righteous tool who thinks he has balls for not rage quiting when he dies

Clearly if you loved Dayz you wouldn't be making a thread about how its going to die and secondly i think you should stop attempting to appear smart, for one if you read properly i addressed both you and elliotle which means my latter answer was for him DERP ON YOUR BEHALFsecondly you clearly have no idea what your talking about 4 months for alpha is minuscule regarding other games its not " forever " as you have put it and now you are trying to attack every post made at you because you realise your thread has backfired so hard and with that i will leave you to sit in your failure.

"So you want to play a alpha game forever? Where every bug/issue is addressed with the alpha reasoning. Btw when you suggest inventing a time machine, its usually to go back in the past rather than go in the future. I think you should fix your ridiculous reasoning before you attempt sarcasm."

Lucky retards like you where not around when games like Counter Strike and Team Fortress where mods that had many a bug otherwise they would never have become the success they later became. Yes both those games where mods, as was Defence of the Ancients. Be thankful your even allowed to play dayz while it is in alpha and that you did not pay for it, you paid for ARMA 2, just as you would have had to buy half life to play counter strike before it got it's offical stand alone release.

If the dev team waited for beta to release the mod it would not be as refined as it is as things have been incorparated into the mod based on player feedback. Also I have gotten more entertainment out of this free mod then I have with many games I have bought and it far surpasses them in immersion and emotianal involvement. As I have said before, many mods and games are in alpha for months or even years. Alpha is the time when new systems are put into the game and tried out, beta is where everything is polished up. If you can't handle alpha then GTFO and stop crying about it. Many of us (and there are many) enjoy the game even with it's bugs and other problems.

I honestly think that OP hasn't even a little bit of a clue. Too lazy to destroy his arguments with the truth right now, but such threads are more like troll attempts that having success yes, but don't contain any valid argument.

• Like 1

Rocket will have access to ARMA3 source code and the full backing of BIS. You can bet your last cent that they are not going to be dropping the ball on this one.

Everyone says "DayZ is so buggy! I die in the stupidest ways! There are so many hackers!" Those are all true, valid points. And still DayZ continues its relentless march towards one million players. If any other game I have ever played was as glitchy and buggy and hacked as DayZ is, I would have thrown up my hands and said "forget this bullshit" ages ago. But I don't because DayZ is still amazing.

When the stand alone comes out, I will literally cream my pants from excitement.

• Like 6