CHOSENMARINE

To many guns?

I can see many people disagreeing with me, but hear me out.

Guns should be a luxury in Dayz. It's pretty safe to say when you see a another survivor in dayz, they have a gun. That's why a There's a lot of PVP in this game, life is precious and people don't want to risk loosing theirs.It gives players something to reach for, like NVG (But not that rare). This would also make zombies more dangerous, which we need because they really aren't right now, people are.

Good guns will be owned by the best players (M1911, CZ 550, Endfield, ext). Amazing guns will only be owned by the LUCKY players(M4's, M107, M9 SD). Because in my experience, these are not to hard to come by. They should also be found in realistic locations and areas.

This game needs to be more survival. It's about sustainable prosperity, not arm and destroy.

post-40330-0-23374200-1343012612_thumb.j

• Like 5

When it comes down to it, guns are always slowly going to be prominent.

If a person loots a weapon, that weapon will be in play. If someone kills that player, they will then have the weapon. In the mean time, that spawn will spawn another weapon for another player. Slowly, the market will fill up, unless a player kills a player with a weapon and simply hides the body.

Now, a way to stop that would be to put a weapon cap on spawning guns, right? If X amount of weapons are in play, they will stop spawning. However, this would like to weapon hoarding if it seemed the spawn was going down, and ultimately players could control "weapon spawns" by artificially ensuring that these guns would never enter play. I'm talking small scale for simplicity, say as in this was on one server. In large scale.

Either way, currently we're in alpha. This is not the time for tweaking and balancing, this is the time to make sure the system is operating correctly.

Jesus, stop spamming those annoying "sigs" that you think is a great idea.

This game would be extremely dull without the amount of guns it has now. What you want is already true. The best players have the good guns, but so do the lucky. Sure you might get a M4 from a firestation, but not likely. Less guns = less action. Less action = dull game. I like firefights were everyone is using automatic guns, it adds a military touch to the game. if everyone had winchesters and revovlers, it'd be like a reenactment of the O.K. Coral. As of now, most gunfights at the coast consist of said weapons. Farther up North is were the "Military" tech guys are at. More guns = more danger/action. More danger/action = Fun game!

More low-tier weapons (shotguns, bolt action rifles, low-calibre rifles), more standard-Issue military weapons (AK-74M's for Russia, M16A4/M4 for US), and less Spec-Ops gear (NVGs, Thermals, .50 cal snipers)

Discuss, end of discussion.

• Like 4

i think weapons should be a luxury on the coast but become more common as you head farther north. Deerstands and military camps being the exceptions

>certain backpack

>could probably carry a maximum of five weapons per person

>if this was the case, they'd have no food or medical supplies, just weapons

So no, there isn't "too much" weapons in the game. There's a perfect set amount. And since the average life is ~49 minutes you're either going to find a gun, or you're going to die. Secondly, don't hang around towns if you're sick of dying. Find: a knife, a hatchet and matches and then STAY in the wilderness instead of staying in towns.

I'm sick of people saying pointless shit like this or just complaining that the game is unbalanced. You do realize that there's about 225km squared, right? You don't have to hang around 1/20th of that area all the time.

To many guns: YES SMART YOU ARE GENIUS NO INSTANT DEATH

For everyone!

CAN YOU STOP REPLYING TO EVERY THREAD LIKE THIS, YOU ANNOYING TWAT?

• Like 4

No. Dude. Its Russia. Im surprised every household doesn't have a bunch of vodka and at least 20 guns.

• Like 2

if you do that you would need to make hatchets more common, because you still need something to defend yourself from zombies. it still makes zombie confrontation scary, and people can run away from hostile axe murderers

Civilian guns are at an okay level, military guns are way too common.

We need to remove them from deerstands

• Like 1

Hell. It would nice if there could be servers with no military weapons at all. I think it would make things more interesting.

Hell. It would nice if there could be servers with no military weapons at all. I think it would make things more interesting.

So that people that have been playing on other servers with military weapons will be able to kill people without military weapons.

Ah, yeah, I get your point.

High-end military weapons are not "waay to common", you only find them at crash sites and by the barracks.

Retrieving the loot from these areas sucks big time.

So that people that have been playing on other servers with military weapons will be able to kill people without military weapons.

Ah, yeah, I get your point.

High-end military weapons are not "waay to common", you only find them at crash sites and by the barracks.

Retrieving the loot from these areas sucks big time.

You don't consider scoped/CCO weapons high-end? And you find those all the time at fire stations and deer stands. I would personally prefer if iron-sighted weapons were greatly dominant over the scoped variants, would make firefights more interesting.

Personally I support "less guns" point of view.

We don't try to find a weapon any more. We look for specific weapon now, like AS50, Bison, etc. which makes this game much less survivor style.

If you take Russia as of today, only 3 man out of 100 hold a licensed weapon. And I believe at-least 80% of those are double barrelled shotguns. That means you would have to go through houses for hours to find any.

Amazing guns will only be owned by the LUCKY players(M4's, M107, M9 SD).

I wanted to find M9 SD SO MUCH. Until I actually found it. IMO it's a crap! Feels like you have to hit a zombie 5 times before it dies, and it's nearly impossible to make a headshot. For me a full magazine lasts for 3 zombies. And then try to find more of that rare SD M9 ammo, good luck...

I've switched to PDW:uses literally ANY 9x19 ammo, and when used with SD ammo - zombies don't hear you at all.

Edited by Infineon

this island was a war zone, so i think its ok to have military weapons at dangerous places, like airfield and stary sobor, and military weapons at deer stands are way to rare, there's mostly only ak's, i think its nice the way it is now.

More weapon models. Less military gun spawns. (ex. like remove them from deerstands).

this island was a war zone

This would explain military bases, but civilians would not have automatic weapons anyway.

And I would expect much more of roadblocks and checkpoints with mounted heavy machine-guns from an ex-war zone.

Decrease the amount of army rifles / snipers / machine guns... Add more civilian pistol / Melee Weapons.

• Like 1

Think About DayZ this way; every single zombie was at some point a survivor, that's why you find Mak mags and Cans of Food on dead Z's.

Typically if there are 50 survivor in the area, there are thousands and thousands (don't know the pop) that had guns before, there were military bases.

IMO, most military guns are only a problem, cus the stats need to be saved, but there would be alot of guns in general if you could get your hands on them.

Edited by iconoplast

More low-tier weapons (shotguns, bolt action rifles, low-calibre rifles), more standard-Issue military weapons (AK-74M's for Russia, M16A4/M4 for US), and less Spec-Ops gear (NVGs, Thermals, .50 cal snipers)

Discuss, end of discussion.

I agree. Then snipers in there ghillie suits with a GPS and NVGs is quite ridiculous in honesty. It doesn't take much luck to be 'shot in the dark' anymore at all.

You should be able find tons of weapons at Balota military camp. Saves time moving up north to get some...and adds to realism, if NEAF has such loot why not SWAF? No, saying it's at spawn beach doesn't count.

We need more weapons for more killing.