rocket

The One, The Only: I HATE TEMP THREAD

Okay, so I am preempting this.

The temperature implementation is brand spanking new. Balancing is really hard to do. It is just the genesis of an idea at the moment. So please, bear with me here.

- Temperature goes down WAAAAY too fast in bad weather

- It is too easy to catch an infection

- Firewood isn't spawning enough

Please keep the discussion here, I realize it is going to be fucked up but it isn't going to kill you. It will just make you cough.

A hotfix will be released as soon as we have gathered enough data.

LET THE DELICIOUS TEARS FLOW....

i ran out of tears to give you right now =\

A dev who intentionally releases unbalanced mechanics...sadist!

• Like 1

I'm not home yet, so can't test this new feature, but I want to know; if you just light a fire in the running and sit next to it, will it keep your temperature normal? Does being indoors increase temperature too?

Add blankets and warmer clothes to the spawn list in addition to hot coco and fuzzy bunny slippers. Also, have overheating possibly take place during the day if people are in the sun too long or if they're wearing warm clothes on hot days.

Also, for rain, maybe create rain coats that make some noise when rain splatters off of them.

Just want to know how to increase it, other than that, it may go down as fast as you want.

Are matches at least more common? In all of my like, 12 lives of playing Day Z, I've never seen them.

Its a complex matrix. The matrix has some errors I noticed after the update went out.

If you have fire you're sweet. But you need wood to make a fire.

You thought the tears flowed after the zombie influx.... brace yourselves....

Sorry if this has been covered already but will the coughing attract zombies or disclose your position in any way?

Put some whiskey in them damn bottles...and I'll be fine!

if that ever happend, I'd get seriously good at playing with blurry vision...

Okay' date=' so I am preempting this.

The temperature implementation is brand spanking new. Balancing is really hard to do. It is just the genesis of an idea at the moment. So please, bear with me here.

- Temperature goes down WAAAAY too fast in bad weather

- It is too easy to catch an infection

- Firewood isn't spawning enough

Please keep the discussion here, I realize it is going to be fucked up but it isn't going to kill you. It will just make you cough.

A hotfix will be released as soon as we have gathered enough data.

LET THE DELICIOUS TEARS FLOW....

[/quote']

whatever it turns out to be i know ill love it more than i hate it, im on day 6 and got most of the stuff i want. the end game is obviously not great yet so anything that adds to the gameplay is more than welcome.

Sorry if this has been covered already but will the coughing attract zombies or disclose your position in any way?

yes, your coughs are as loud as revolver shots

I get the sense that antibiotics are just as rare as they were before -- if that's the case they are way too rare. In all of the weeks my guys and I have been playing, we've only found them once (on par with how many times we've found NVGs). That's insane considering that colds are fairly easy to catch, and that antibiotics are the only way to get rid of them. Seems everyone will be capped at 6k blood for the forseeable future, not to mention that newbies have an advantage until they catch the cold too.

We'll see how this update changes gameplay... Might be as interesting as the last time.

I can see this being a bad thing if it plays out where people can survive bandit attacks, zombies but keep getting colds. I think if anything temperature should just make you shiver and make aiming.off.

But we will see I guess. I know I'd be annoyed if I was battling a cols more than I was zombies

yes' date=' your coughs are as loud as revolver shots

[/quote']

Sorry to ask again, but I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I have yet to find a revolver but I imagine it is very loud. If this is true, thanks for the answer. If you are being sarcastic, well, thanks anyway. :)

Can i go inside a tent to not die from the cold...?

Maybe a nice addition?

Also, this. At least have tempurature stop dropping from going in a tent... Or wearing bunny slippers.

Logging in the first time after Patch 1.5.8.1 went out...spawning in the woods...in the second i spawn i start coughing, seemingly having a cold <<

man i really seem to have a lousy immune system