johnnylamerton (DayZ)

How did I get a red beret?

Last night, some friends and I were playing about 20 minutes on a server, when all the sudden I went from third person to first person without doing anything. After hitting Enter on the number pad, I notice I am wearing a red beret. I look at my friends and notice that they are as well. When looking at them, I notice that they are both named Rocket, rather than their in game names. We decide it's probably best to log out, since we had some decent loot and didn't want to lose it. I joined a server tonight, and I still have the red beret on. My concern here is that me and my friends will be considered hackers, even though we have spent hours playing the game legit. Anyone know how we can remove the berets without losing our lootor keep them and continue going without being banned from servers or worse our CD Keys?

Rocket has a custom skin that he uses.... in game I guess. That sounds like it. Some hacker must have changed your skin to that. Not sure what to do about it.

Don't worry about being considered a hacker. As long as you are not running code from your pc for Battleye to detect you are fine, you can use any hacked item. last saturday I came across 3 spawned helicopters got in one, without thinking about being banned, and flew it around before running out of fuel. I have not yet been banned.

Dandylions

Edited by Aras

Huh. Interesting. I wonder how they got a hold of that skin. Is it in the files, just like everything else?

I'm happy for you cause I turned into a dog and can't do anything. My friend got military clothing and he can play. I first got the error message "can't open object" all my friends got this but only me turned into a dog so I can't play <_<

Pics please.

FGn2T.jpg

Huh. Interesting. I wonder how they got a hold of that skin. Is it in the files, just like everything else?

Yes.

Is it legit to add it, or will battleye kick/ban you?

I saw a bunch of those red beret guys in frankie's newest vid.

Edited by Cpt. Viking
  • Like 1

You wont get a global ban for wearing it, i use it when im in game in the private hive server i admin...

Sounds like it's been scripted onto your character but honestly there is nothing to worry about, apart from maybe now being more of a target!