bodycount

Spawn locations more varied?

I was hoping to see the entire map used as spawn locations. Rather than starting everyone out along the coast in the same few spawn points would it be possible to have spawns throughout the entire map?

If the emphasis is supposed to be more about survival horror and less about PvP why not put spawn locations around the entire map instead of in the same small coastal region? Are we survivors of Gilligan's island? Did a shipwreck wash us all ashore?

Interactions with other people happen far too frequently as it is and making them rarer would maybe encourage people to team up more (then again maybe nothing can encourage teamwork).

I am interested to hear yalls thoughts.

The coast is a nice place for newbies to spawn as they have the coast to refill there water from and also allows them to navigate easily. But for a more intense survival game, being placed anywhere on the map would be immense.

Small coastal region, you say? The coast of Chernarus is approximately 30km long.

I think the current setup is perfect. Newbies can meet up with other newbies.

The pvp action is up to the players

I often spawn at same location all the time, some added inland/airport spawn areas might be a nice addition, but perhaps coastline is the most profitable area to spawn around?

I think it's fine the way it is. If you don't want to risk getting killed immediately in the densely populated coastal cities, run straight inland or only search the city buildings near the north of town, which in my experience have been less populated.

Can you imagine all the new player rage about being spawned in the woods without a compass and miles from any towns or loot?

I think the current system for spawning in is fine. Just my opinion.

In the current state of the game, I think it's fine. It's hardly difficult to get off the beach and to relative safety, and you don't lose much if you do happen to get spawnkilled. It also gives just enough information to players to get their bearings without handing it to them on a plate.