izodn

To the guy who shot at my friend and I north-west of stary

I'm so sorry I death-dodged by aborting once we ran away from you. I don't normally do this, and this was my first time. You see, the situation was: Before the restart, we looted a heli crash site which spawned a second set of zombies when we were looting. We got hit many times, lot a lot of blood, only one bandage. We used our blood bags to keep blood up, and one bandage to keep one alive. The server then restarted, and we RAN to Stary, or at least to the hill where you were waiting. You totally deserved that kill, but we logged out for the server ate my DMR and 4 mags for it. I had an LMG with no ammo in my back pack. I would have engaged, but since the server ate my main weapon, I felt it was not a fair fight, and didn't want to die because of a fault of the server.

To who ever wanted us dead,

I'm sincerely sorry, I didn't want to, but had to.

Signed,

Zod

Edited by Izodn
  • Like 9

Great story next time take your death like a man and dont alt-f4 blaming it on the game you make me sick.

• Like 1

I'm the friend in question. My apologies as well. We felt sort of outgunned, but you certainly outmaneuvered us, and if Zod had his primary, you deserved the kills.

Hope we get another chance,

Rabbit.

Great story next time take your death like a man and dont alt-f4 blaming it on the game you make me sick.

Server ate my DMR... There was no good death, what would you do if a hacker was shooting at you. It's just as bad.

Although I have never alt/f4'd out or disconnected before dying, I certainly felt like it once or twice. Just recently I was playing on a server and the admin announced that due to hackers he was rebooting the server. I was on a ladder in Elektro so I went down the ladder and the server shut down before I could even get in a building. The admin said the server was not going to be up for a while so I logged into the groups other server and was immediately killed before I could even spawn. I lost a 24 slot pack, a M16/203 with grenades and 4 clips, an AKM with 6 clips and a decent spawn. I was so pissed. I hate getting screwed by something that was out of my control or caused by someone else.

• Like 1

Beans to OP for telling the community he did something that mostly everyone here as done, but they still deny it.

Beans to you sir, beans to you for your honesty.

• Like 4

Beans for honesty. For a second I thought this story involved me, but you guys logged out prior to dying.

I killed a guy today in Stary who logged out immediately afterwards.

• Like 2

Fair enough using alt-f4 in this situation. Friend of mine did it the other day playing as me when I got turned into a cow. IMO alt-F4 still has its place.

I think there should never be a justification for doing this. If you get caught out in the open and outgunned, that's tough luck.

The other day I was in the supermarket & on about 6K blood. I was in the process of stocking up, just found an Alice pack, then spotted a guy looking in through the window. I shot him with my MP5 and he ducked away next thing a fucking zed came up through the solid concrete floor (only his head and shoulders were visible) and killed me with one hit before i could move. If I could have hit alt-F4 in this situation I would have. I honestly dont think Rocket should be taking this option out of the game until bugs like this one are fixed.

Sorry for the slow reply. I want to say something though. Just to get your understanding in my view. The server messed up, that much is apparent. So the server messed up, and I was suppose to take the fall for it, no. I was not going to die because the server messed up quite severely. If I had no ammo, if I shot and missed, I'd take the death. But the server literally took my weapon for me, and expected me to fight. Thanks for the beans, and I do apologize, but please understand my point of view. I'd never alt-f4 from a legit engagement, know that.

As of right now, anyone can ALT-F4, regardless of it being right or wrong. The OP was honest in his story...and I'd be lying if I said I'd never thought about it. I think the best death I ever escaped was when I was on a pedal bike. I had been riding/trolling for hours, and out of nowhere, a guy shoots me while on the bike outside Balota Airfield. I soon realized that even though I was bleeding, in shock, and had a broken leg...well, I could still control the bike! I booked it out of there as fast as I could into the forests of Chernarus. I literally made it out with a little over 200 blood left...a little morphine, some painkillers, and a bandage put me back together again. After that I murdered every goat and cow in sight...but the moral of the story is:

I lived to play another DayZ ^_^

I am quite sure this was me.

Do you remember the server?

I have no idea, I was on and off servers all day. It was a hardcore/expert server (no 3rd person, cross-hairs, or name-tags). It'd probably be 1192, 870, or 1145.

EDIT: only 3-4 bullets were shot, one hit, 2 miss. No broken bone, just shock.

Edited by Izodn

Nah not me, identical thing happened though.

Plus douche move dc'ing.

People seem to think that. What would you do, if a hacker came in and started shooting at you?

People seem to think that. What would you do, if a hacker came in and started shooting at you?

Man up. I've never logged to avoid something, not even zeds.

It takes away from the experience.

Man up. I've never logged to avoid something, not even zeds.

It takes away from the experience.

I sometimes can't believe the things that come out of people's mouth's (in this case, keyboard). You are so eager to prove yourself right, you'd deny a simple fact. No one fights a hacker, they're cheating. They do not add to any good "experience". The game is alpha, and there's a lot of bugs, hackers, and exploiters. I'll avoid as much as I can, to have a simple, nice, fair, and legitimate game-play time.

I alt-f4'd, yeah. The server took my weapons, it's as if I got kicked from a movie theater because someone stole my ticket. What I did is COMPLETELY excusable by any rational person. I'll never F4 from a good engagement, never. So, to all the haters, just deal with it.

• Like 1

Says the guy with a pony as his picture.

Heh

u might have forgotten but you have Thor as ur's

Edited by Archert2
  • Like 1

I don't see why you are even bothering so much to justify it. Everyone else does it, so you can might aswell abuse the shit out of it before it gets fixed. Sad but true. I personally don't like to do it, but I have been deprived of good loot too many times not to do it. I mean, why would I let another player kill me, if he would most likely just disconnect himself if the tables were turned?

I won't condemn you for it. I assume most people have alt+f4'd at least once. I won't deny I have but only once. Logged of north of cherno, when I logged the next day I was inside cherno next to the hospital with a 5 man squad staring at me. Sometimes you just can't justify it if the server messes with you. +1 for honesty, just take care to avoid it from now on. I know I have since then, felt like shit.

You did the right thing man. And i know the server can eat stuff sometimes. Hell, sometimes it gives me stuff. I ran into about 20 zombies, i used 3 mags. Logged, and then i logged into a nother server and i got my 3 mags back O_o.