Sign in to follow this  
flam3

Framerate Plummets Whilst In Major Towns

Title says it all.

I can play the game fine if i'm not near a major town, but as soon as I start to get closer to being actually in a major town, such as Cherno my framerate starts to plummet the more I go into the town. It doesn't matter if I change settings or not, or alter the launch options, I go into a major town grab what I can with my framerate at ~15 without getting killed and get out of there, and of course as soon as I go out my framerate starts to become stable and well, playable again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah I have this issue and so does most the other people I play with.

It's a combination of too many zombies/players and buildings in one spot, mainly zombies.

After server restarts or if I log on and log out the fps is improve greatly but for a while but eventually it slowly starts deteriorating again, in major cities I mean.

In the countryside I have 50-80 FPS but cherno is just 20-30 until it starts hitting the teens and just getting worse the longer I'm there.

Towns are harsh on the CPU.Upgrade that part of your system.Sorry but that is really all you can do.

Towns are harsh on the CPU.Upgrade that part of your system.Sorry but that is really all you can do.

I started using RamDisk and run a 1gb harddrive for the @DayZ folder & some structure/building files so they load instantly, It's helped a small bit but I'm guessing it's mainly processor power =/

My current processor is an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor 2.7GHz

I'm guessing it's below mid range tbh.

I'm running a Q9650 at the moment, and it's done me good for a couple of years now. I will be getting an i7 in the next couple of weeks though. Seems a bit daft that to play a mod (damn good mod at that) with stabl framerate you'd have to upgrade your system?

I suppose it puts my mind at ease a little to know that i'm not the only one having the issue, not to mention that you're running 2 more cores than me, Booker. Hopefully one of the patches will actually fix it instead of saying it has.

I don't think it's the CPU. I got an I7 2600 quad core at 3.4 ghz and i still get low framerates. I guess it's the graphics card because i have a good old gtx 460. My framerate is normally 50-60 on mid settings, and drop down to 20 in big towns.