Sign in to follow this  
harken (DayZ)

Paintball ammo/guns

Hey campers,

I'd like to see the above mentioned ammo/weapons added to the game, only to be found at military spawns where they would be used in "training excercises"

What these items will allow us to do is train with our allies in game without killing each other. I know the idea sort of skirts the border between reality and fiction, but they would also be really useful and lots of fun.

One pistol version and one rifle version, akin to the m19 and say, AKM and that would provide enough training opportunities for most people.

• Like 2

I would be interested in seeing this feature, but there could be many issues with getting yourself spotted, misfiring real guns, and all around possible bugs. Possible when undeeground structures are added (aka player housing) it will be possible to build a shooting range or paintball course.

You could even use them as a distraction for zombies. Getting zombies to investigate the splatter of a paintball long enough to sneak past a mob of zed in front of the firehouse?

could be usefiul against bandits, headshot=blinded by paint :) +1

Edited by mr.null

m19

Last time I checked we didn't have .357 revolvers ingame.

Anyhow, I could see chalk rounds, but it's not really something that should be in DayZ. If you need to train your fellow groupies, it is probably best to find another approach to it.

If you need to train, go play some Arma 2. Why make it more complicated than necessary? lol

Hopefully one day this game will be standalone. Then, paintball guns can be used for surviving and banditry alike. Paintball to the face = fucked up eyes, someone moves in and handcuffs the victim.

yea i dont see why not,

If ye get a heat shot it should be similiar disorientation to whiskey bottle or tin can. And any of you who start fidgeting at the thought, clearly havnt been shot in the head with a paintball.

That's just...

God.

You've got guns yet you want to run around cherno with a paintball gun?

what, for the love of beans, is wrong with you? You want to train with your buddies? Use skype and a little bit of discipline, and you'll get shit done.

This could be a good idea for a group people using paintball Guns to train.

That's just...

God.

You've got guns yet you want to run around cherno with a paintball gun?

what, for the love of beans, is wrong with you? You want to train with your buddies? Use skype and a little bit of discipline, and you'll get shit done.

I was gonna say something like; "yeah we've got guns, but we'll still take yo udown with paintballs." You lost me at "use skype" though.. Learn to game