Thortimer

Your First Life

Started today, i spawned at night, with a flashlight that wouldn't work (possibly no batteries? either that or 'L' isn't actually the flashlight button) , and everything was dark O.o , So dark :'(

it doesnt work if u dont equip it from your toolkit, takes up the sidearm slot :)

my first i remb very well and was one of the few times a game has generally scared the hell out of me. i had spawned just east of cherno (obv i didnt kno at the time) and by the time i had figured out the controls and the basics(i had read up alot beforehand) it was near dusk.

i rummaged around in prigorodky for a while and managed to find a revolver O_o (christmas had come early) i was terrible for zombie aggro and had to do alot of running which was in the direction of cherno as it happened xD

i lost the zeds and by now it was night time and totally dark. i entered a barn and started rummaging around for stuff. then i heard a whizz of something. totally scared i look round the barn revolver in hand...i see nothing. i carry on rummaging and find a crossbow with bolts! i walk up one side...nothing, i go back down and up the other side... i reach the top...nothing there. i relax a little...i start walking back down the stairs...then this 'thing' lunges at me from fucking nowhere and i hear a whoosh of an axe(god knos how he missed me). I totally crap myself, but instictively fire my revolver. for a split second the whole barn is light up showing a guy wielding a hatchet. before i can do anything the guy swings again and puts his axe through my face and im left with 'you are dead' on the screen, scared shitless and wondering wtf just happened xD no other game will give an experience like that!! <3

obv i realise now the guy had fired a crossbow at me and fail missed me :P god knos where he was hiding cause i rummaged tht barn good and proper but he jumped down on me so somwhere on the 2nd or 3rd level. i didnt play during the night for a good while after i can tell u tht xD love this mod :D

Edited by mcBain_101

it doesnt work if u dont equip it from your toolkit, takes up the sidearm slot :)

Ah thank you, for some reason i assumed being in the toolkit meant it was ready to use via hotkey etc. Baby steps and all that :)

Update, just finished my first life.

I found a road and saw a zombie walking briskly in my direction, as it started running i tried to go from crouch to standing up, instead i went prone.

I took a nasty hit and ran down the road until it left me alone, i healed up and wandered into a small town, went inside a house and picked up flares and a crowbar.

As i tried to swing the crowbar, i accidentally threw a flare, got swamped by zombies and died

The End

• Like 1

My first life was pretty annoying :P I Joined a gmt server at 9pm only to find it pitch black but I ventured on. I found a village along the coast and looted it to get some really bad stuff (chemlights etc). Then I came across a hangar, looted that for some bad stuff again :P As I continue along the coast I see what appears to be a small factory, I head towards it then a zombie starts chasing me out of the blue. At this point I am panicking. What shall I do? So I do the one thing any desperate guy would do; I switched my torch on and lit up the area with a flare in hope that a friendly would come help (Yes I was desperate XD). I then head into factory and go clumb up a ladder to lose zombies. When the coast is clear I head back down and continue along coast. Disconnect.

After I rejoin another server it is daytime, I see what looks like an aggrod zombie literally right infront of me, maybe 5 metres away. But no, this is not a zombie, it's a player frantically sprinting for no reason! He hides behind a bush, as do I and I call out to him, but theres no reply. It then becomes pretty clear both of us aren't armed and he continues running.

I then come up to what I believed to be a small village and I see another player crawling into the permiter. I then take a closer look. This isn't a small village, it's Cherno! I decide I might as well go in as I have nothing to lose and really need a weapon of some sorts. I crouch towards it, when I see a player running out, I was about to call out to him when I see him returning to his group of 3 people, all well armed. So I immediately go prone and hope they dont see me. Fortunately they don't.

I then head into Cherno and in one of the buildings I find a makarov and ammo, I am so happy at this point! Then gunfire ensues. I hid in the building for maybe 5 minutes before leaving and entering another one. I then find another makarov. Next thing I know, DISCONNECT.

I then rejoin another server, which takes a while, and am I spawned where I left off, prone in a building? Nope, I am spawned in the middle of Cherno stood up XD Before I could even say "Oh shit", "James was killed".

I was dissapointed that my first life ended in such an unfair way, or what I thought would be really unfair. I have died 4 times now since last night. The second time was intense, I was looting a building when a shot flew past me and hit the wall. I didn't have a clue which side it came from so I quickly ran around trying to locate the gunman. I headed back to where I came from thinking the gunman was the other way, only to see smoke from a shot coming from the hills. I then sprinted quickly back weaving my way around a hail of bullets. I finally got to a bit of cover and just as I was running round the cover to be safe I fell. He had shot me in the leg and broke my bone and I was bleeding badly! This was when I realised how amazing this game is. I had been killed, but by god had I enjoyed it! Even though I lost an mp5 :(.

My last 2 deaths were just bullshit. Both times I've spent a while collecting weapons, next thing I know I am tp'd to everyone and a massacre ensues. These hacks really need fixing. Also, I wish people weren't so quick to pull the trigger when this happens. It just makes the situation much worse.

Anyway here is my very long story, I doubt anyone will read it all as I suck at storytelling XD

• Like 2

Anyway here is my very long story, I doubt anyone will read it all as I suck at storytelling XD

I read it ^_^ , im on my 3rd life now , 2nd if you don't count respawn button. Sitting on a docks with zombies crawling over the only exit on every server i join. Waiting for a time i can be bothered to swim about 300m up the coast

I get ambushed by a hoard of zombies as I inspect the body (trying to get his alice pack). I make it to a ladder, but get knocked unconscious before I can climb all the way. When I come to, I fall from the ladder and to my death.

Boy was my heart racing.

Sadly, zombies can climb ladders, and damn fast too, almost aas fast as their Olympic sprint ability. I spawned in elektro, had a kick ass start and found a lot but no gun, aggroed a bunch of zombies and booked for a ladder next to a factory, well when i jumped to this 2nd roof next to the building i climbed up i saw 1 zombie book up the ladder next to some tower that was 3 feet from the building; nearly shit myself. I was stuck on the building for like 10 minutes yelling for this group of 2 people to save me from the zombies below, said id give them all the ammo i found... they just continued running away. Needless to say i climbed down the ladder and for some reason i couldn't run, and just walked oh so slowly away to my death. On my 3rd spawn, i found out the reason i couldn't run and then had a 2x better start at an airfield. Weird thing is though there was no airfield in sight lol.

My first run was 10x better than any of my thereafter runs, and probably most of the people on the games first runs.

You don't have to watch the entire video, only saw 17 minutes of it myself but my god this first life O.O

Edited by Flipper

My first life went well at first. It lasted a couple of days as I only play in little 20 minute increments most of the time.

I looted the airstrip near Balota and found a M1014 shotgun. I was pretty psyched to find it as my first weapon. Then I went to the warehouse building on the docks and found a hatchet. While I was trying to figure out how to switch from my shotgun to the hatchet I managed to "de-spawn" my shotgun. That saddened me. Found a safe place, and logged out.

Logged back in the next day and BattlEye was giving me trouble. I decided I'd have another look through the airstrip since I found so much there the day before and gear would've respawned. I'm not sure what the issue was, but BattlEye freaked out and kicked me off the server twice randomly. I chose a different server for my next log in, which turned out to be in a different timezone so it was nighttime and BattlEye had dumped me right at the entrance to the hangar closest to the control tower.

As I'm spawning, I see a flashlight on in front of me but not looking in my direction. Then, before my screen is even finished loading and I'm able to move, a guy not 4 feet beside me unloads on my full-auto with something. I presume they had a pretty good laugh.

It was a little irritating because BattlEye / server issues caused my death. It would be different if I died from my own mistakes or from someone else getting the jump on me. Oh well. I was still learning the controls and such so I figure I probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

2nd funniest story I've read about their first time so far. First was a crazed axe murderer somebody saw book into a house while it was raining and brutally murder them lol. If i remember correctly the axe murderer saw the guy and then chased after him a bit lol

My first life in DayZ.

Sneaking around in the town for 3-4hours with out agro one single zombie and then get shot when I finaly found the way out off the city with a lot of weapons.

My first life was ... dull. Spawned on the beach somewhere near Cherno. Made my way inland, explored a couple of houses looking for gear, found nothing of value, aggroed some zombies, fled up into the hills to escape (successfully), decided to keep on going through the hills and wound up at Mogilevka (had no idea where I was at the time, pieced it together afterwards), circled around the town from the tree line looking for a safe entry route, explored a few houses on the outskirts, found nothing of value, worked my way further into town and aggroed a zombie. At that point I was in dire need of water, and after playing for an hour or two had found zero food, zero drinks, zero weapons. I had also not encountered any other players (that I was aware of). I probably could have escaped again, but was like eh, what's the point. So I fed myself to the zombies.

Life 2 has been a little more successful, as I'm using the online map to navigate and find spawns. After a couple hours I still haven't found any weapons better than a hatchet, but at least I've got a backpack full of food and drinks and some extra medical supplies. Having that hatchet does feel a lot better than being unarmed, but it sure would be nice to have a firearm. I would not have expected them to be as rare as they appear to be... Also, have still not laid eyes on another player (probably for the best given my situation).

My first life involved me finding an enfield straight away, after which my backpack ate, so now unarmed I headed into a fire station and got shot twice from a distance.

I ran into the woods bleeding, without my rifle that had been eaten by my pack I was unable to return fire and bled to death in the woods.

BUT NOT AFTER I ATE ALL MY BEANS!

That sniper wasnt getting anything for killing me

My first life involved me finding an enfield straight away, after which my backpack ate, so now unarmed I headed into a fire station and got shot twice from a distance.

I ran into the woods bleeding, without my rifle that had been eaten by my pack I was unable to return fire and bled to death in the woods.

BUT NOT AFTER I ATE ALL MY BEANS!

That sniper wasnt getting anything for killing me

You sure showed him.

In my first life I spawned near Cherno (I think) and got hit by multiple zombies. I had about 3k blood and went inside the hospital. At least 20 zombies were outside the glass and I had no weapons. I was on Skype with a friend and he told me to go on global and see if I could get a blood transfusion. A survivor close to the coast said he would help me. When he got there, he shot me in the leg and all I could do was crawl. Before he left he made sure to break the glass and let the zombies get to me.

So, I just recently found out about this DayZ mod and being a fan of the ArmA franchise, I grabbed a copy and got it up and running.

My first run I just finished after 2 hour and 15 minutes of playing, with my untimely death. Not really knowing anything about anything related to DayZ, I picked a server near my location (PL) and jumped right in.

Spawned near a town, on a beach. I couldn't tell if this was the north coast or the south, or any direction... found out quickly that I didn't have anything except a backpack, painkillers, bandages, and a flashlight... no watch, compass, or map to be found. So I move over to these rocks and brushes that were close by and crouch... inspecting the town and getting my first eyeful of zeds. After messing with the controls for a bit, and remembering how to toggle stances, I contimplate entering the town or heading towards woods, to hide from raiders/zeds. I didn't even get a chance to finish that thought before I hear a SHREAK and a zed, faster then I ever thought possible start steamrolling down at me. I'm like OH SHIT WHAT THE HELL THESE THINGS ARN'T SLOW! and start making a bolt to another town... running full steam constantly pressing 1 and 3 on the numpad to see if he's still behind me.

I keep running, panicked as I see a house at the end of a row with a functioning Ural! I'm thinking 'Oh yes! I can ditch this guy AND get me some wheels!'. Bolting, I speed myself even further and zoom in with the RMB... BAMN 3 zombies start pouring out of the house and around the truck, and start steamrolling to me, as well... I check, that zed is still on my ass like as if it was covered in A1... and seeing that i'm in a rock and a hard place, I start bolting towards the ocean; thinking... 'well shit, zombies can run fast in this mod, but i'm betting they cant swim!'

WRONG.

WRONGGGGGGGGgggg111!.

I jump into the water and start swimming for my life, and look back in dismay as the zeds... seemingly looking around confused, start pushing into the water and swim after me. 'OH shit noooooooo, I'm too pretty to die like this!' So I start swimming further out to sea, pushing my character. BUT, after a while, I notice I outrun the shit out of zeds in water! So I proceed to swim to shore further away, and catch my breath... while looking at the zeds slowly trying to get to me, but they're so far away and they're swimming so slow that they don't pose a threat. SWEEETNESS! I found their Achilles' heel! So, then... I look around and look for possible routes of continuation, I see a larger town in the distance... along with that house with the ural, and the beginning town I was at... and this boat dock house that was close by. So, I attempt to raid that boat dock house, creeping up on it very slowly and scanning for zeds. None to be seen, but the house was uninteractable...

Damn...

Make my way to a light house a bit further away and take a look around from the top of it. I see a set of houses and a port town after them in the distance and decide to move up there. Figuring I'd need supplies, I move to the houses first, taking care of avoiding zeds, when I see... OH SNAP, A dead player, and next to water!

I look around, and watch houses and hills for a good minute in shrubs, to make sure it's not a trap... because if I were a raider, that would be a perfect way for me to ambush someone, and slowly make my way to it. I identiy the body and loot it. Damn, starter gear... but hey, at least an extra pair of bandages and painkillers, and as I finished looting, a Zed I didn't notice before comes barreling down at me... and I jump into the sea again and swim for my life. I get away from that zed and emerge on shore again a close distance later, and make my way to a hill to observe the houses and enterance to that port town... when I see a curious sight.

I see a player hauling ASS past the houses along the side road, being chased by like... 5 zeds. I laugh my ass off and hide, as I couldn't help him and I didn't want him to run in my direction. Plus, he could be the guy who killed that other player. Well, apparently I didn't hide well enough cause one of those zeds see's my A1-covered ass and thinks i'm on the menu.

*SPLASH*

This zed was a bitch to outrun in water... first time ever in my short time did I have a problem... that I was getting tired. Apparently, you can only swim and run a certain amount of time before you get really tired. I'm actually surprised, because I took frequent breaks to escape this issue... until I noticed... I was thirsty.

Oh.

So I swam to that port town, towards the docks... figuring I needed food and water or I'll die; and how pathetic would that be... You die from not eating in a world full of zeds and pvp happy players. So I make it to shore and I'm completely dismayed at the site I see before me.

A long, LONG streach of blacktop with a couple of containers and 2 dock cranes... FULL of zeds, with no way around them. I contimplated swimming again, but I noticed there was no way out of the water that connected with the main town from here without backpedeling and running into MORE Zed at the towns enterance, AND being cut off from sea in the event of being swamped. So... I went prone and slowly dragged myself accross that entire blacktop. It was the most intense 10 minutes of my life... constantly looking at zeds to see if they'll notice me... and not going to fast to make too much noise/be noticable... and I learned then and there, that if I wanted to enter towns... I needed to be prone, as this was almost like God mode to these Zeds. They didn't see you! And from a short distance too... I could make out the blood on their faces...

Crossed over to the other side and started heading left into town, taking my sweet time on my stomach to avoid detection... and to look for houses to enter. I managed to find one on the edge of town, somewhat near the sea with 2 enterances; "Sweetness, that way I won't get surrounded and I have an escape route." And enter the house. By this point... my water icon is flashing and I'm stealthly walking around the 2 room house. Zed outside everywhere and I hear their moaning... I jump into one of the rooms and I see.. GOOD GRAVY... STUFF! and pour myself on to the supply piles..... full of crap.

:(

Empty tin cans, ammo for weapons I didn't own, and useless items. The only good things I got out of both rooms was a Watch (Jesus was I happy... I saw that it was 2 pm... and had plenty of daylight left [was convinced night was coming]), 2 heatpacks, and a can of Coca-Cola... which I chugged down like Ambrosia. I collected the ammo, hoping to barter with someone if I found any... for food or maybe even a hatchet; and made my way outside. Ended up being chased into the ocean by another zed... swimming to shore, chased into the ocean AGAIN by ANOTHER zed, swam to shore... OCEAN, shore, OCEAN, shore.

At this point I was convinced this mod was just a swimming simulator, with the amount and time of swimming I had to do to survive... and I kept thinking 'Jesus... how the hell do people survive in the mainland? I mean... seriously... without the ocean, I'd have been dead a long time ago'.

Kept moving out of town and into fields... where I heard gunshots. "Oh shit... players. I hope they're friendly". But the gunshots are far away... so I keep moving to this next town I see, real stealthy like. Once I made it to this big town, I decided not to enter it... thinking I should get a good vantage point from a large hill close by and check for 2 enterance houses. And I climb up, and at the summet of this large hill... I see 2 tents.

This puts me in a weird position. I immediatly go prone and look around.

I don't move an inch for a good minute, and slowly make my way to some shrubs, watching the skyline in all directions and looking behind me.

I call out "Hello? Anyone there? If you are, don't shoot.. I'm looking to trade and be on my way."

No responce.

So I cauciously make my way to the tent and attempt to loot one...and loe and behold... A HATCHET! JESUS H CHRIST! I HAVE A WEAPON, I'ts ON NOW. I quickly check the other one, reload the hatchet (LOLOLOL) and make my way to the town, checking the horizion as I moved. Got close to street level and was scanning for zeds, when all of a sudden... I see a player, crouched facing me, in the streets. And before I could even hit a key... *BAMN* screen goes grey, I fall...

and die.

Game Over. 2 hours gone down the drain.... and I just.... JUST got my hatchet. I didn't even kill a single zed. And that guy made off with all my gear and my DAMN WATCH!!!!!!! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU..... forget it.

So... that was my extremely long post about my first life. Next time, I think i'll join up with a few people instead of going solo; and with what I learned about stealth and sneaking... I'll be able to last for more then 2 hours (I hope) in my next run.

A survivor close to the coast said he would help me. When he got there, he shot me in the leg and all I could do was crawl. Before he left he made sure to break the glass and let the zombies get to me.

That sucks. At least in my game there was no trickery, the guy just took the shot... with you, he was a dick :/

That sucks. At least in my game there was no trickery, the guy just took the shot... with you, he was a dick :/

The bandits that trick you and do other things except shoot you and kill you instantly are much better in my opinion :3

First moments. Spawned on the coast. It's quiet, the sound of the ocean. I expect to get shot. It doesn't happen.

I head left (South?). I immediately find a trail of 3 bodies leading to a town with a lighthouse. Each body has been ransacked. I sneak into the town and despite my careful movements, I aggro everything.

I spend 5-10 minutes heading North, being chased to another town and on a whim used the docks to escape (just found out they're a safe zone). I find 2 more bodies in this town, with lots of ammo, pop, and a hatchet. I know I'm a prime target to be looted.

I sneak out of town as the zombies suddenly increase. "head to the hills." and so I did. I found a series of houses and some more ammo on a small road. Now I'm resting next to a shack in the middle of the woods.

I've survived 35 minutes so far, no survivors, no weapons. It's tough to see and move as my computer can barely keep up.

So far it seems like a glorified cross country simulator, but I'm spending $600 on a new comp based solely on the recommendations of several friends.

He shot both my legs with a M4 CCO at Balota and his mate finished the job with a crowbar while I was unconscious, after a T-bag and while shouting with a cheap mic and a 13 year old voice.

I meeted them again in Chernogorsk grocery store, shoot in the back of the M4 with a revolver I just found early ( My first weapon :D ), and killed the second who tried foolishly to use his hatchet against me in a rambo attempt.

And this is how I found my first M4. :D

My first life began at Cherno, and I was playing with friends who got me to buy Arma 2 CO. I met up with them in cherno got a lot of basic loot i.e. Binoculars, Water bottles, soda, a few cans of beans, a double barrel, etc. I continue playing for about 10-11 hours and worked my way up to better stuff like, an AKM a ALICE pack, and some other nice goodies and tools. Eventually though when I joined a Server I was killed by a Sniper as soon as I finished loading. (I was in the woods near the NW Airfield.) On my 2nd life now and its been a few days.

Got on last night, what a mod!

I immediately came across a double barrelled shotgun in the very first building I entered, a barn in the middle of nowhere, 5 mins after spawn. Also found an MK48! Which I believe is pretty rare for a non military building. However, I accidentally fired the bullet in the chamber of said MK48, and then unluckily only had one bullet in the mag to deal with the onslaught of, er, curious zeds. Tried to switch to the shotgun but it wouldn't fire despite me having picked up several (I'm assuming) compatible shells, so I don't know if I needed to equip them or whatever, but hey, it's a learning experience.. Anyways I'm dead again.

Edited by kander

My first life lasted all of 15 minutes.

Can't even remember where I spawned but there was a town near by, so after attracting a rather large train of the undead (about 15-20) I panicked and ran into a building and headed up the stairs. I was checking for another exit but in my noobness I couldn't find any, meanwhile the horde of undead were shuffling ever closer to me.

In a last ditch effort I hit the roof, and saw a ladder leading to the very top of the building. I climbed, hoping with every rung that passed that I would find a weapon - anything, even a crowbar on the roof. Nothing.

I stand there, evaluate my options as the undead shuffle through the door below and then begin to hear that all too familiar cracking sound - someone is firing at me. I hit the deck in both terror and disbelief. I decide the only option is to go back down the ladder and somehow squirm past the train of Zeds I have acquired. I crawl back to the ladder and look down to discover in horror that the ladder isn't the natural Zed nemesis I thought it to be, as 2 Zeds are slowly climbing their way up with another 10 or so clambering at the foot queuing up for their would-be dinner.

I evaluate my options once more. I don't want to be torn apart by the undead. I don't want to be another tally mark on some bandit's murder counter. I do the only thing I can do - I throw myself from the building and land in a crumpled heap. You are dead.

I've since started again and have been alive for several hours now and I feel relatively well equipped. I know my days are numbered, but at least next time I'm going down fighting. Even if it's with a hatchet.

Edited by Rab