dark6-6

US750 Kicking Players without cause

Are you kidding me? He stated pretty clearly he doesn't respect me because I said I would grid search with 6 of my friend and tell CQF if i found anything? You should take some of your own advice.

Nor did i call him any names?Other than him being a douche admin..which is correct.

Also i qouted his post in full.

So please point out where I did such things you claimed i have.

Maybe youre getting two different people mixed up. I don't know but damn...internet people.

Sorry I've been up all night, can you show me where I clearly stated I dont respect you? (Not saying I didnt say it, I just dont remember typing it xD.... nor can I find it). I do not believe I've stooped down to name calling, but like Isaid, its been a loooong night haha.

I cannot facepalm hard enough.

I was qouting you. I don't think I even mentioned you at all until you posted that about me.

Goliath is a douche admin, i don't think anyone that is not on his nuts would disagree.

Sorry I've been up all night, can you show me where I clearly stated I dont respect you? (Not saying I didnt say it, I just dont remember typing it xD.... nor can I find it). I do not believe I've stooped down to name calling, but like Isaid, its been a loooong night haha.

I was not refering to you in that post. Its okay I see the confusion between the post. It was to meepo.

No we've been civil until I said you were being a douche admin.

Some of it was to the dude you gave beans as well.

Edited by Hashisx

I was not refering to you in that post. Its okay I see the confusion between the post. It was to meepo.

No we've been civil until I said you were being a douche admin.

and thats your opinion :) lolol. naw worries.

and thats your opinion :) lolol. naw worries.

Just do me the favor. Don't kick for hoarding. Yeah it sucks but just wait for the DB cleanup that they do to sort off map cars. If you notice a huge problem I am sure the Dev team will do it more often.

Also i did laugh pretty hard when you told the CQF guy off in that video

Edited by Hashisx
  • Like 2

I believe all the post against me, were stating how this is perfectly alright. I found their camp fair and square, so I did what I wanted to it.

And believe me Ido treat everyone equal. I guess they dont wanna say how I let them in the server for a week if not more, because they were just playing the game (Well or so I thought). Its only when I noticed what they were doing, that I did what I did.

Here is the real problem. Goliath thinks it's HIS server. While you may be paying to rent the hardware, the DayZ server files are NOT yours, nor is it YOUR DayZ server. That ownership belongs to Rocket and the DayZ Dev team.

You didn't "Let them play". You should be saying, "I enjoyed their company on the server I host". Rocket is the one who can say he 'let them play', he is also the only person who can say, "I let Goliath host a DayZ server". Goliath, please think long and hard about that. All DayZ players have a very real right (while given by Rocket) to play on ALL DayZ servers as long as they follow the rules. In this case, CQF was following the rules and you were not. It's that simple.

You, Goliath, are hosting a DayZ server, which means you have accepted the agreement between you and the DayZ team (Rocket), which clearly explains the server must be OPEN TO ALL DAYZ PLAYERS and clearly defines the rules regarding kick/bans.

It's Goliath's personal mentality regarding the server that is the bigger issue here. You need to take responsibility for being a server owner and follow the rules that are quite clearly stated for server admins.

I honestly can't see how it could be said any clearer. Goliath broke the rules, CQF did not break the rules. Those are the facts of it.

Here is the real problem. Goliath thinks it's HIS server. While you may be paying to rent the hardware, the DayZ server files are NOT yours, nor is it YOUR DayZ server. That ownership belongs to Rocket and the DayZ Dev team.

You didn't "Let them play". You should be saying, "I enjoyed their company on the server I host". Rocket is the one who can say he 'let them play', he is also the only person who can say, "I let Goliath host a DayZ server". Goliath, please think long and hard about that. All DayZ players have a very real right (while given by Rocket) to play on ALL DayZ servers as long as they follow the rules. In this case, CQF was following the rules and you were not. It's that simple.

You, Goliath, are hosting a DayZ server, which means you have accepted the agreement between you and the DayZ team (Rocket), which clearly explains the server must be OPEN TO ALL DAYZ PLAYERS and clearly defines the rules regarding kick/bans.

It's Goliath's personal mentality regarding the server that is the bigger issue here. You need to take responsibility for being a server owner and follow the rules that are quite clearly stated for server admins.

I honestly can't see how it could be said any clearer. Goliath broke the rules, CQF did not break the rules. Those are the facts of it.

I believe on the first or second page somewheres, I explain how rocket wants people to interact with strangers, as this is kinda a social experiment. I never stopped that. So in my mind I didnt break any rules. You guys did, by hoarding EVERYTHING, thats the word that doesnt seem to click in with you, EVERYTHING was at their camp. EVERYTHING, EVERY VEHICLE. understand?. Sure a car or 2, 3 w/e. but come on. all of them? I'm just trying to keep my server as fair as possible, and in my mind, a random clan joining the server and stealing any means of transport, because they have BOAT loads of members to sweep the entire map... Is not fair to the random joe, that joins... But all in all LandShark, you dont seem to understand my point of view. I understand yours, your mad because you guys feel you worked for it so its yours, I get that. But this is a low volume server, and that kinda shinanigans ruins it for the rest of us.... Do you understand my point now?

:edit: And it being off map just makes it even worse, because most players wont even think to go up there.

Edited by wodahskcin

I believe on the first or second page somewheres, I explain how rocket wants people to interact with strangers, as this is kinda a social experiment. I never stopped that. So in my mind I didnt break any rules. You guys did, by hoarding EVERYTHING, thats the word that doesnt seem to click in with you, EVERYTHING was at their camp. EVERYTHING, EVERY VEHICLE. understand?. Sure a car or 2, 3 w/e. but come on. all of them? I'm just trying to keep my server as fair as possible, and in my mind, a random clan joining the server and stealing any means of transport, because they have BOAT loads of members to sweep the entire map... Is not fair to the random joe, that joins... But all in all LandShark, you dont seem to understand my point of view. I understand yours, your mad because you guys feel you worked for it so its yours, I get that. But this is a low volume server, and that kinda shinanigans ruins it for the rest of us.... Do you understand my point now?

:edit: And it being off map just makes it even worse, because most players wont even think to go up there.

So, honestly, I agree with you on a lot of points. I know, as one of our now ex members rented a server on his own and kicked players for doing things he didn't like, that this can blow up in your face really quickly.

I believe server admins should have powers to run their stuff as "carebear" as they like. Even have servers with no PvP, where you can all safely go to Cherno if you want and use the NVG's and Mk 48's you farmed to do glorious battle with hordes of undead as you circle overhead in your chopper without fear of getting shot down.

The thing I took issue with is the manner my Clan member was addressed. Honestly, CQF is made of people who work cooperatively and enjoy PvE. My group responds to requests for help from people that aren't even in our clan, which I'm sure you can imagine is about as risky as Running through Cherno with a lit flare at night blazing dubstep through direct channel. I joined just to see if I could find an Admin to get more details as to why they were being kicked and take those issues to my superiors if you felt they were being rude or if you'd had a bad experience. If you didn't like what was going on, all that would have been needed is a "Hey, I would appreciate if you would leave vehicles for other players as my smaller group would like to work on them." Not only would I have agreed, I would have posted a notice on our board and then gave you a hand if you'd like.

Instead, I get chainkicked and called a faggot by your admin. Honestly, my first instinct would be to go in there and start using your boys for target practice. That isn't my deal though. Instead, I would extend an invite to one of our servers, and if you'd like a chance to play with us to get a feel for how our group works. I'd like a chance to apologize for how our group's actions made you feel. I assure you it wasn't intentional, and I'm the last person to bitch at admins. I hope that you continue to run your server in the manner that you see fit and can continue to enjoy the company of your peers. I also hope that this will help you reconsider your stance on my group, and maybe one of these days, when you get a broken leg and you need some help, maybe I'll be there with a blood bag and some morphine to help you out. That's what the CQF is all about.

I believe on the first or second page somewheres, I explain how rocket wants people to interact with strangers, as this is kinda a social experiment. I never stopped that.

Kicking people off a server (forcing them to exit the game) is the highest form of 'stopping that' available. To say otherwise would be insanity.

So in my mind I didnt break any rules.

Unfortunately for you, the DayZ server/admin rules were not made up in 'your mind', they were explicitly spelled out by Rocket. I could quote the list of rules that you broke, but someone has already done that in this thread. Ultimately, you very well 100% without any doubt broke the rules. There -zero- reason to dispute that, because it's fact.

You guys did, by hoarding EVERYTHING, thats the word that doesnt seem to click in with you, EVERYTHING was at their camp. EVERYTHING, EVERY VEHICLE. understand?. Sure a car or 2, 3 w/e. but come on. all of them?

Please cite the rule that explains how hoarding is not allowed. For all my time spent reading the rules, I've never come across one. At the time of this writing, there isn't one, and again this is fact, so no reason to dispute it with the game players. Disputing it with Rocket would be a better avenue for your frustration and I'm surprised you haven't done so (if you have, then I'm not aware of it).

I'm just trying to keep my server as fair as possible, and in my mind, a random clan joining the server and stealing any means of transport, because they have BOAT loads of members to sweep the entire map... Is not fair to the random joe, that joins...

The word "fair" could never be used to describe DayZ. Obviously you have played Dayz, is any of it fair? This game is a sandbox griefers paradise and Rocket is well aware of that, he even boasts it! It's also one of the selling points of DayZ and arguably enhances the excitement while playing, because you never know who to trust, but can still benefit from working together with other players (which is exactly what CQF did). Also, did you bother to even ask the CQF members if you could have some of the vehicles or equipment they were 'hoarding'? If the players on a DayZ server are causing the gameplay to get frustrating for you, there are hundreds of other DayZ servers to join instead. Just like CQF has the option to join any server they want, so do you.

But all in all LandShark, you dont seem to understand my point of view. I understand yours, your mad because you guys feel you worked for it so its yours, I get that. But this is a low volume server, and that kinda shinanigans ruins it for the rest of us.... Do you understand my point now?

All I understand is that some DayZ players weren't playing the game the way you want them to, and so you kicked them off the server. That's really what it comes down to. They did so by not breaking any rules. Instead of switching servers or asking for their help, etc you chose to kick them off. You are the one who ruined it for everyone, because your actions have lead to the server coming down permanently (as you have stated, the server will not be renewed). Had you simply approached them in a mature manner this would have all been worked out for everyone's best interest. CQF is a well known FRIENDLY clan willing to help those who need or ask for it. However, when CQF is approached by hostility (i.e. being kicked off the server) you should expect some kind of retaliation, be it the creation of this thread or having more CQF join your server to cause some in-game havoc.

That sounds like it's a great tactic! I'm glad CQF is using it, it means their camps are hopefully safer than if they had placed it somewhere more populated or well traveled.

When I join a server, this is my mindset, "I'm going to gather as much helpful equipment as possible in the safest and most efficient way possible. I will then create a base for me to use in case I need to re-supply myself." All of the CQF actions fall within that mindset. The term 'hoarding' is kind of a junk term. The act of efficiently searching an area for supplies is just that, an efficient use of time and a great way to ensure in-game sustainability and character/clan life. The term 'hoarding' is used to describe that efficient use of time.

Edited by Landshark

When I join a server, this is my mindset, "I'm going to gather as much helpful equipment as possible in the safest and most efficient way possible. I will then create a base for me to use in case I need to re-supply myself."

Except that, thanks to CQF's actions, you wouldn't be able to do that because most (if not all) of the helpful equipment is now hoarded off the map.

Except that, thanks to CQF's actions, you wouldn't be able to do that because most (if not all) of the helpful equipment is now hoarded off the map.

Well then I'd join a different server or ask CQF for help and join them. Or I could follow them to their camp without being seen and steal/kill them for the equipment. So many options and none of them involve kicking people off the server or breaking any other rules.

Well then I'd join a different server...

What's stopping CQF from doing the same to that server as well?

...ask CQF for help and join them...

You mean "become part of the problem".

...I could follow them to their camp without being seen and steal/kill them for the equipment

Whatever you say, Sam Fisher.

So many options and none of them fucking work.

I fixed that one for you.

So remember when Goliath(wodahskcin) said he only kicks CQF members? Citing that they ruin everyone's experience on his server? And that he cares deeply for the regulars on his server?

What do you have to say now? Kick anyone and everyone apparently

• Like 3

Yep, last vid posted kind of makes the rest of this topic invalid.

No defending the indefensible.

Or as Bronn puts it in Game of Thrones .... "There's no cure for being a c^^t."

Hello all

I think one issue is that some admins in general may be under the impression that they have total control over a server, as in Arma and don't bother to read or recognise the TOS which often ends up in issues "like" this.

Other info has come up which makes this particular instance different, but I'm talking in general.

I also think that threats of griefing the server (allowed or not) does NOT show a very good attitude.

If the Admin is wrong its up to the devs/etc to penalise them not the players. (although I understand their angst)

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

All i can say is fuck you all for giving me shit. I knew this kid was a douche.

So remember when Goliath(wodahskcin) said he only kicks CQF members? Citing that they ruin everyone's experience on his server? And that he cares deeply for the regulars on his server?

What do you have to say now? Kick anyone and everyone apparently

Goliath/wodahskcin had the chance to make things right and accept responsibility prior to the above video being posted (I already knew it existed, but was hoping Goliath would own up to his actions prior to the video making it to this thread).

However, it seems Goliath's actions make him out to be just another irresponsible person who lacks respect, maturity, and the ability to socialize in a polite manner. It's really unfortunate, because DayZ and the gaming community really don't need people like that.

Edited by Landshark

I just hope he get ban for real man. At the time I was not with CQF just playing on this server when i found that specific car like few hours before that video..first car i actuly found. they were nice enouf to drop it somewhere safe in the NORTH WEST forest near the air strip. When i went back cpl hours later the car wasnt there. dosnt take much to figure out who took it!

You are most obviously CQF, seeing as you just made an account to post on here (Atleast I assume so, seeing as you only have 3 posts). So really anything you say, in my mind is invalid. The only person from CQF that even has a say in anything is karadan, and thats because its his post. :),

Challenge accepted.

So I logged in the other night to hear one of my clan mates say he found a bus. I've only been playing dayz for a few weeks and have only ever seen a tractor. So understandably I was looking forward to getting a ride in it. 5 of us log in and within 30 seconds hear some convoluted diatribe about how clans can gtfo of HIS server... so I turn fraps on and record his next racist and counter-intuitive rant after logging back in.

Posted to YouTube and the rest Is history.

For the record, I joined cqf because I didn't want to be a lone player. From what I've seen so far, they help survivors. Quite a bit actually. They're fair and balanced as a group. They actively discourage any skullduggery and insta-kick anyone who messes about.

I firmly believe they have done no wrong whereas goliath has consistently broken the rules and has then used very bizarre logic to try to justify his actions. Not to mention the blatant racism.

It is clear to see by anyone with adult sensibilities that goliath and his buddies thought running a server meant they could have it to themselves. This thread shows them how wrong they were.

Edited by karadan

Ban this Goliath/wodahskcin fuck and remove the server