skyter

Realistic to shoot on site?

Congratulations. You're as sick and twisted in your thought process as ..

the people in this video?

yeah in reality people are nice all the time unless they have a psychological condition right? ...asswipe

2) Let's assume death is really permanent: If all players of 1 server cooperated, and all players of another server killed on sight - which server would win a war beween the 2 servers?

3) Over time, civilization trumped random killing. Why do you think that happened?

4) Name a few examples from history where a breakdown of laws/society/civilization actually resulted in KoS.

those questions are irrelevant as this is the forum of a mod and not a pretty bad lecture on philosophy.

2) irrelevant as mentioned above by SillySil.

3) civilisation developing from a primal state of random killing as described by you is unproven and unlikely.

4) this is not a history lecture.

I'll make sure to find you in game and shoot you in the head BOOOOYYOOOOO

In DayZ we are fighting for resources and to protect what we have already got. Trusting only those whom we are 100% certain will not KOS or take our gear.

Trusting someone in DayZ when you are not 100% certain can be a mistake, and we sometimes learn a harsh lesson from that.

That is the nature of this game.

In RL we are not fighting for resources on a personel level. At the moment there is plenty to go around.

+We have LAWS , and designated people who enforce those laws to protect us. Thus in RL we do not feel the need to KOS.

Now, when the oil runs out and the shit hits the fan, we can discuss this more.

In conclusion -

KOS in DayZ = do you want to survive ? No one is going to hold your hand and protect you from the big bad bandits. There is no LAW ! + its a game :rolleyes:

KOS in RL = Not needed, + there are consequences which 99% of the time end up with you either Dead yourself, or a Loss of freedom.

OP - comparing DayZ to real life ... can you tell the difference between the two ?

• Like 1

Ever see The Road?

That was more or less shoot on sight. It's difficult to feed more mouths, and you'll never know someones intentions in a post apocalyptic world.

It seems as though using a Movie as the basis for a reference on realism seems pretty ill-founded.

Given the constructs of the world within DayZ it's completely realistic. Ammo and Guns are incredibly easy to come by and there's almost no "Should I save this bullet to save my life later or use it to kill this person who is in no position to harm me just because I can?" going through your head. There's no repercussions for murdering people either, IRL some (certainly not all) people would be ridden with guilt after killing someone they had no idea was innocent or not, there's no way to simulate this in a game in a realistic fashion. Basically everyone who plays this game with friends utilizes a 3rd party VOIP system so they can communicate both secretly (only the people in their Skype call/Vent/TS/etc. can hear what they're saying) and across the entire map, and due to this fact, shooting on sight is just a safer way to do things because if you let them know what you have/where you are, there's a good chance they'll tell their buddies. There's also practically no punishment for dying besides like 30s before you respawn depending on your PC/connection/the server. Maybe dying needs a bigger wait time, like mandatory 30min on that server (so you can't go loot your body/get revenge so easily) before you can respawn.

Also, comparing people shooting on sight in DayZ (an alleged "realistic" take on a zombie apocalypse with countless unrealistic features) to literal psychotic killers IRL, is just ridiculous.

It seems as though using a Movie as the basis for a reference on realism seems pretty ill-founded.

How so? Lots of movies depict facts. Just because something is fiction, doesn't necessarily make it any less plausible in certain circumstances.

I hate how people don't read. This isn't even about the game. I'm not saying people who kill in the game are deranged. It's about people arguing a shoot on sight mentality would be realistic in post apocalyptic environment. It's an illustration of just how far you have to snap. They're rationalizing murder. It's twisted. Like this thread.

:huh:

Ofc it's completly unrealistic. Because in real life you NEED other people to survive and reproduce. To feed you when your are old. To cooperate for hunting/faming. To get tools. To help you when you are sick.

And because none of these factors plays a role on this simulator and you can survive on your own the best, it is obvious that with a materialistic mindset people act like this in the game. People SHIT on moral values if they don't get punished, that's just how life works. And yes, the Batman movies are completly surreal.

This is such a bad taste OP

Edited by Tyrog
  • Like 1

Now this is just fucked up. Are you honestly trying to compare these two situations? Was your first thought upon hearing this to go running to the dayz forums?

I think it is you who needs help.

• Like 2

I agree...literally every single person I run into shoots me, and I even tell them I'm friendly.

This isn't a zombie apocalypse simulator anymore. This is just boring.

• Like 2

They're rationalizing murder.

people rationalise murder/theft/add any crime you want/adultery/smoking(when you know its bad for you)/bieng racist/homophiobic all the time

welcome to reality, welcome to the way humans deal with any twangs of guilt they may feel towards someoone they just fucked over

Edited by stuffnthings

In DayZ we are fighting for resources and to protect what we have already got. Trusting only those whom we are 100% certain will not KOS or take our gear.

Trusting someone in DayZ when you are not 100% certain can be a mistake, and we sometimes learn a harsh lesson from that.

That is the nature of this game.

In RL we are not fighting for resources on a personel level. At the moment there is plenty to go around.

We've got plenty of resources in DayZ as well. My char eats a whole cow every day, that's how many resources we got. Apocalypse or not, there is no reason to kill another player.

Again, you try to justify current player behaviour as if there was anything "realistic" about it.

OP's point is that DayZ currently isn't much more than a psychopath simulator. Confusing that with a realistic simulation is just seriously twisted.

If you think this is in any way relevant to this game, you're an idiot. Quit raging. People can play however the hell they please and just because they KoS in game doesn't mean they're murderers or are going to do it in real life. Pointless thread. This is a game in case you didn't realize. If you're dumb enough to get yourself shot by another player, then rethink your play style and adapt.

Edited by Nashy08

Yeah I don't think it's realistic at all. I know that douche who shot up the batman theatre would love to run around a zombie apocalypse shooting every person he can but who else would seriously do that? If you're a lone survivor and you saw another soul it would be a great feeling of relief, unless they looked and acted deranged maybe. I mean it's cool if a handful of people are bandits but the way it is now is just ridiculous. There is no way to trust anybody and communication is so crappy that everybody has to be bandits.

Congratulations. You're as sick and twisted in your thought process as this guy:

http://cdn2-b.examin...c39a541667.jpeg

Seriously DayZ community = future generation of sociopaths apparently.

:huh:

Does that make you feel good, or does this?

http://sphotos-b.xx....20735257_n.jpg(

(Disclaimer: Yeah shit got real, real fast. Condolences to those who lost their lives to such a mindset, and their families. This is meant to be emotional, thought provoking and reflective. The fact you feel offended is a good thing on some level. This is directed at those who argue on the forums that in real post apocalyptic scenario, people would kill each other on sight without hesitation. Not to draw a direct parallel with video games. It's to make you think about how fractured your mindset would have to be to kill without being threatened. No, killing someone in game doesn't make you a psycho. )

You really made that comparison with Day Z, a fucking video game?

A psychopath opening up from a balcony on children and their families and your comparing it saying it's just like how people think Day Z is? Just because your fucking butt hurt about being killed in a video game? You're a sad fucking case bro no joke.

Get your head out of your ass. Just because you're upset with a video game you post shit like this as a comparison? Go fuck yourself dude. You're a fucking pity case and do us all a favor and stop playing this game. You're always on here constantly bitching and moaning about this game. Uninstall it and be done with it already.

If I knew you I would slap the fucking taste out your mouth. How old are you 16? You're not old enough to realize the difference obviously.

Edited by MaDKroniK
  • Like 1

This is a video game. But since you brought it up. In a real life situation, I wouldn't approach anyone. And if engaged, I surely would draw first so they wouldn't get the drop on me.

With that said, it is a video game. What else is there after you have killed so many zombies and collected every piece of loot you could ever want, a million times over? I will tell you what there is. There is PVP. Get over it.

I make no qualms about it. I just like to do it. I love to hear you squeal like a little bitch in direct... asking me "WHY!?! WHY!?!"

It gives me a boner.

• Like 1

its realistic, if ammo spawns from the sky. less ammo, and this game gets better. do something about the hackers, and this game gets better.

Well, I thought it was an interesting topic. Everyone gets so mad about everything, geez.

• Like 2

I solved the pvp problem pretty easily, private server huhaa.

And "non PvP destroys the game" my ass. Me and my buddies are now enjoing a zombie survival game, not a deathmatch game with NPC zombies. B)