Sign in to follow this  
Wrath (DayZ)

100% of people I've engaged D/C

So over the last 3 or 4 days me and my friends have been living up north around the NWAF and that general area. We've played well as a close nit team and got the jump on at least 15-20 people.

Every single person we've fought has disconnected. Every. Single. One.

We play slow, we play tactically, and the only 'reward' we get is watching our enemies vanish into thin air. It really does suck.

This is the most infuriating thing ever. Worse than random death glitches, worse than hackers, worse than any other bug in this game.

I read that Rocket is 'working on this' this week, but by the looks of it its not going to be a log out timer which is really the only good solution. I also know that a logout timer was implemented a few patches ago but quickly removed - what problems did it cause?

I know this problem is known about, but I can't help but feel it is being under-represented on these forums. Please share your d/c stories/complaints here. We need this to have more attention.

Edit: We know its alpha, we know we what not to expect, but to be perfectly honest even in its current state WITHOUT the d/c exploit we could play this game for a very long time without complaint. This one exploit though is ruining the entire experience.

This isn't a mindless complaint, we are all VERY thankful for the work Rocket and the team do for this mod. We really just want to see and end to this exploit.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 16

I think the solution is to make it like logging out in an MMO. You hit the "logout" button and your guy has to stay perfectly still for 60 seconds before you actually quit. If you take one step or shoot the timer stops and you have to hit the "quit" button again. If you alt+f4 your body stays in the world for 2 minutes vulnerable.

• Like 6

It's been like this forever now. Anyone with even the most common of gear would rather dc than lose it.

It's what has ruined this game. The hackers I can understand and don't blame the developer for.. but this alt+f4 bullshit has been rampant for months and nothing has been done.

edit: Rocket has made an amazing experience with this title. Just wish he would stop slacking, stop planning for the future with all these grand endevours and just fix the problems we have RIGHT now.

Edited by tockeR
  • Like 1

Were you trying to make "Rocket" backwards? LOL.

Edited by JKflipflop

Were you trying to make "Rocket" backwards? LOL.

Yes.

no.

Comon. Someone needs to come up with a good answer. This is the internets! We have the aggregate intelligence of the entire race at our disposal here. Surely we can find a solution to the fight-dodging pussquitters.

The solution Rocket is working on goes a little something like this: When they identify people logging to avoid death they are going to put a log out timer on their character to punish them. If they continue to do it they are going to be warned and then killed.

The problem I see with that is that people will just continue to d/c (how many times will this take? 5?) then when they get the warning, they will quit playing for the night. Then they'll start it up again the next day.

Obviously I'm assuming here, but to me it doesn't really seem like a solution.

• Like 2

I think it should be something along the lines of: if you are in shock or there are players/zombies near to you, then you should have a logout timer. Otherwise, I don't really care too much.

If you are just out in the middle of nowhere with no people/zombies around, just let them log out immediately.

Seems that you wouldn't even need 5 times. You quit once to get out of the fight and log onto another server. Chances are the coast is clear and you can continue along your merry way. So a counter-type system does nothing.

I think it should be something along the lines of: if you are in shock or there are players/zombies near to you, then you should have a logout timer. Otherwise, I don't really care too much.

If you are just out in the middle of nowhere with no people/zombies around, just let them log out immediately.

I like this idea. Just making your body stay in the world for a few minutes could work. If you're quitting in the woods it wouldn't really be any different than it is now, so long as you picked a safe spot to quit.

You only need to log out twice to DC in a gunfight, reposition on a different server and shoot someone in the back, so the 5 times thing wouldn't fix that

10 seconds is a nice figure.

10 seconds is going to stop this problem how?

How about you have to make a camp to quit? If you don't have the means to make a campfire, you probably don't have anything worth saving anyways.

You can logout at a campfire or at a tent you own. If you quit any other way your character is killed and any vehicles/tents associated to that character are also destroyed.

10 seconds is going to stop this problem how?

'cause they won`t be able to log out? So their body will be there to be shot? So you'll get your epic lewts?

and when people try to log out fast to save their characters when a hacker is reported on the server .... will they die regardless, due to the alt+f4 timeout measure?

and when people try to log out fast to save their characters when a hacker is reported on the server .... will they die regardless, due to the alt+f4 timeout measure?

Yeah but you can't allow combat DC'ers to run wild just because of a potential hacker. If a hacker kills you then tough luck, at least nobody will DC on you when you've got them in your sights

To bad we cant have 1 Server = 1 Char.

That + a timer for logging out ( if you dont wait till the timer 20-30 Sec maybe even longer ?!. runs out your char stays on the server for 2-3 min. ) would solve all this DC/Alt F4 problems.

BTW i like this " Build a Camp" before you log out thing. its kinda go to sleep the time you are offline :D

Edited by R3dbud

I don't even engage. I just shout, "Hey, I see you but you don't see me. Get what you need and get the fuck out of town. You don't wanna die and I don't wanna shoot you. I don't kill for loot.."

No one believes me though. They always log. I stick to the west. Mainly solo people out their if you even see one at all.

I think letting the character 10 secondes after any logout is a good way to break this DC plague. I'm not a player killer, but when i defend myself and the assaillant is loosing and he left with alt+F4... Hmm... You know what i mean?!

Was hunting two ppl on the North Eastern Airfield today..

Both of them didn´t logg off which excited me pretty much.

The second one of them survived about 3 or 5 mins longer than the first victim and still he sneaked around waiting for his head to be replaced by a bullet.

Faith in Community restored.