Sign in to follow this  
sargothi

Spawning in buildings = no yield?

I thought I'd try to be cheesy and disconnect while inside a medium yield building thinking after a server restart that I'd get all the fresh loot (finally!) but when I did, the building was completely empty! Is this mod programmed on purpose not to give yield when spawning in a building like that or is it just glitched? Man and I was all excited for nothing.

Ah disconnected for about a minute then came back and there was yield.... nothing good, but yield.

Why do you try this cheating ? You're called a survivor, so go and try to survive by finding good loot. I don't understand people that kill the challenge of the game and ruin it for themselves. Most of you don't even realize until you eventually get bored.

• Like 1

No its not a mechanic against server hopping, there is a detection field around your char. Its pretty big and it spawns the zombies for example. It also 'activates' the loot. So if you server hop and land right on top of the loot it didnt get a chance to activate. Run off for around 180 meters and run back, loot should spawn now.

Also i wouldnt call server hopping cheating, it doesnt get you banned in the first place. It is frowned upon by people who are annoyed by it. No rules in DayZ so far.

Except for the hackers, they can burn in righteous fire..

Edited by Tops

It is to prevent server hopping, but it is a little frustrating when you blatantly run into town only to discover the loot hasn't spawned yet... So you have to turn around and come back, hoping it finally does.