Sign in to follow this  
eXcecution3r

Antibiotics?

Well I was at a hospital and found some antibiotics. It said something about fighting off diseases and what not. Has anyone ever used them? Would be awesome if we got hit we'd have maybe a set amount of time to find and take antibiotics or we'd either die or transform into a zombie (which we wouldn't continue playing as and would count as a death pretty much).

Sadly it has nothing to do with bacoming a Zombie nor it has any negative effect else than some coughing.

From the DayZ Wiki

"Symptoms Character will cough and splutter.

Causes of Infection:

• Random chance when Temperature drops below 36.
  • Spending time near players who are already sick.
  • Very small chance of getting it from zombie bite."

anti biotics are somewhat rare. wouldnt be fair. you already have ot use them if you get infected

First of, for the love of god please do your own research in the future.

Basically you can become ill if your temperature drops below 32 degrees or random chance from a zombie hit. Once you're ill you start to lose blood and will continue to do so until treated or death.

Ironically the temperature was bugged for such a long time that I disregarded all heat packs until that moment I was literally in the middle of no where with about 30 degree temp and clearly ill. I learned that the hard way.

• Like 1

First of, for the love of god please do your own research in the future.

Every post you make, you are obsessed with research.

• Like 1

Every post you make, you are obsessed with research.

No, I'm just sick and tired of people posting the same bloody questions time and time again. The only reason I answered this post was because it's one of the lesser asked questions so in theory.. and I use the word theory lightly. People should be able to search for this post easily without clogging up the forums further.

• Like 1

Ive had it once when i was walking around at night, my temp dropped pretty low and my char just started coughing. Scared the bejezus out of me and i hopped to a sunny server to warm up. Thankfully the disease did not port over to the other server. When i was watching a life stream one of the streamers buddy got sick after being hit while bleeding and he started to lose 30 blood a second so i guess it can be deadly after a while.

Chance of you getting it ingame? Almost impossible. After three months of playing i had it just that one time and thats it.

No, I'm just sick and tired of people posting the same bloody questions time and time again. The only reason I answered this post was because it's one of the lesser asked questions so in theory.. and I use the word theory lightly. People should be able to search for this post easily without clogging up the forums further.

Every post you make are about research or troll, annoying posts...

Ugh, I can't get rid of this cough. Haven't been able to find any antibiotics...The search continues.

Holy crap I just found antibiotics. I have been playing this game since practically the beginning and just found a box at the NW Airfield. I am sure I will be shot dead before I get sick and have to use them. I am also sure that if I get sick in the future I will never find antibiotics to cure myself. WTF. Now I have Mountain Dew and antibiotics just wasting space in my inventory.

Somewhat related question about heatpacks, you're suppose to eat them to get warm right?

• Like 1

Since the new update (1.7.5.1), antibiotics are common. I've found them on Zs, in warehouses, and of course at hospitals. With the chance of infection from eating raw meat, drinking unboiled water, body temperature dropping, etc., antibiotics are found just about everywhere.

Somewhat related question about heatpacks, you're suppose to eat them to get warm right?

Shit! I've been using heatpacks wrong this whole time?! :o

Do you have OCD?

Or should I research it? ;)

But really, you trolling him about his research posts might not be any better, and having to answer the same questions over and over gets really old.

What's the best gun?

Will my computer run this?

When's the standalone coming out?

Who likes / hates the latest patch?

Blah blah blah....

Can't we all just get along with good netiquette, proper spelling, and the correct use of your, you're, yore, yaw, and y'all?

AC

Edited by AIRCAV

Or should I research it? ;)

AC

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. An anxiety disorder that forces a patient to follow certain routines to the iotta. E.g. always knocking three times, always entering a room with your right foot first. When they are forced to break with routine, it immensely upsets them.

That is of course a very general description meant to give you an idea. It's a frequently misused term with online communities to describe someone who focuses too much on little details, imaginary "100% completion" on mundane things, etc.

Like asking someone you see drinking their second can of coke this day whether they're diabetic yet.

So infection chances upped + AB's now found everywhere, sounds more like an annoyance than anything else. Damn i'm sick again..hey just found 3 AB's in a random warehouse ! why bother ?

So infection chances upped + AB's now found everywhere, sounds more like an annoyance than anything else. Damn i'm sick again..hey just found 3 AB's in a random warehouse ! why bother ?

- Cant carry around everything all the time.

- Add another random event that creates an immediate need and thus the drive to go somewhere and look for something specific.

Obviously it's not gonna affect the stockpilers with a car full of antibiotics, but their days are numbered either way.

It is good to have a need for something but if the spawn rate is high enough that you will find them in say barns, warehouses and other standard loot places then for mine it takes away the whole worrying side of being infected as you know you will stumble onto them in a small amount of time. AB's were possibly a bit too rare before but now if they have slipped onto the too common side, then it needs to be toned down a tad to make infection actually worth worrying about. :)

I have only been sick once on Chernarus, constant running in the rain on lowish blood and not taking any notice of my temp icon. I did not find AB's in four hours of searching and was getting rather panicky despite having meat to keep my blood up, the cough was driving me nutzo and forcing me to stay well away from trying to be sneaky around other survivors. If you can get AB's within 5 - 10 minutes of any infection then it is just a slight annoyance.