PC. (DayZ)

Dayz Standalone, Do arma 2 players need to pay again?

Hey guys, i got a question;

If you bought Arma 2 : CO,

Do you need to pay AGAIN for the standalone version?

Because its a little unfair when you bought arma 2 for dayz only..

OP makes a good point.. I still remember that horrible day Rocket came to my house with a gun and forced me to buy ArmAII:CO for DayZ only.

No wait... I made a conciousness decision to hand over my cash in order to try out DayZ, a game mod I was more than aware was in Alpha mod and was unlikely would forever remain on the ArmaII engine.

Suck it up and stop whining.

• Like 21

Dayz is a mod. You bought ArmA 2 for the rights to play Arma 2, which also means the current Dayz. If Dayz is made as another game, you'll need to buy the rights to play that as well.

Dayz is a mod. You bought ArmA 2 for the rights to play Arma 2, which also means the current Dayz. If Dayz is made as another game, you'll need to buy the rights to play that as well.

Allright but i also mean, Will Arma 2 dayz still excist?

Or will they remove it and only update the standalone version?

There's no reason to remove it, but Rocket isn't going to update an outdated mod for no reason.

I will not pay for it. Absolutely not. I purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. Arma 2 sucks. I didn't play it for a long time for a reason. Tried it and hated it. Essentially, I've already paid for DayZ and I won't do it again. Unless it's the Arma 3 version.

Edited by marik

Lol, you can cough up aprox 25€ right? for a game in alpha, or a mod actually, no way of knowing if you pc could or would run it.

But not the estimated 10-15€ for the full game? o_O

I know it could be more, but this would also basically be DayZ II

So if you cannot buy the sequal, to bad bro!

Marik, you will be missed... Eventually.

If the game goes standalone, offcause it would need a new engine more suited to run what rocket wants out of the game. I HIGHLY doubt he would just take the mod, on the arma II engine, and want cash for a standalone on the very same engine we already have.

Rocket deserves the benefit of the doubt here really.

Edited by slimlacy

I will not pay for it. Absolutely not. I purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. Arma 2 sucks. I didn't play it for a long time for a reason. Tried it and hated it. Essentially, I've already paid for DayZ and I won't do it again. Unless it's the Arma 3 version.

Then don't. Rocket isn't obligated to do anything. He made a mod on an engine, and you chose to buy said engine to try it.

Bohemia have your money from the ArmA sale :P

I'd buy the standalone so Rocket gets the money :) Using that money he gets a good return on all the time spent developing this and takes on new staff/coders to make the game even better :D

Edited by PK Richie
  • Like 1

Dayz is free, you never payed money for Dayz, so you can't pay again for something you never payed for.

• Like 1

People who bought ARMA solely for DayZ (and then don't even try ARMA) are retarded enough, but then those that expect to not have to pay, or at least get a discount, on the stand-alone version are even more retarded.

• Like 1

Your god damn right your gonna pay twice. You bought ARMA, not DayZ. Its pretty simple.

• Like 2

People who bought ARMA solely for DayZ (and then don't even try ARMA) are retarded enough, but then those that expect to not have to pay, or at least get a discount, on the stand-alone version are even more retarded.

You're essentially calling 80~% of every single dayZ user retarded, if not more.

I bought CO just to play day z and i don't care. I took a risk and my sole aim is to get my money's worth!

I'm not here to complain about rocket making a mod for FREE. I payed jack shit for the mod. Don't bitch on here about how you shouldn't have to pay rocket for the standalone day z because you paid enough already rocket probably hasn't seen a cent of that money you paid! he deserves to get rich as all hell from this mod it's awesome. I cannot wait for the standalone! who agrees ? :D

• Like 2

Ah, yes. Because buying games to try out their mods makes you mentally handicapped.

Brb, joining Special Olympics

• Like 2

You're essentially calling 80~% of every single dayZ user retarded, if not more.

What's your point?

• Like 1

I would imagine we do because we paid for Arma and not DayZ. DayZ standalone would be a completely different game. We would also have to buy ArmA III if we wanted to play, if DayZ was ported over to it.

Ah, yes. Because buying games to try out their mods makes you mentally handicapped.

Brb, joining Special Olympics

Not quite what I said but ok.

I never played ArmA and I only bought it for the mod, I'm also not retarded. It's pretty bad when a company's product isn't even popular until after a player makes a mod for it that is a completely different theme from the original game.

Edited by Psychobob
  • Like 2

I don't think we should have to buy I can't think of a way that we could get around it so whatever. I'm up for paying for DayZ again, I won't be happy about it though lol

I never played ArmA and I only bought it for the mod, I'm also not retarded. It's pretty bad that the company's product wasn't even popular until after a player made a mod for it.

No, no. That's the world we live in where you need to spend millions of pounds on marketing, promotions and have amazing graphics to be considered a game worth looking into.

Gaming innovation has sucked ass for years now. Much love to Mr Rocket for proving innovation still exists.

• Like 2

I would imagine we do because we paid for Arma and not DayZ. DayZ standalone would be a completely different game. We would also have to buy ArmA III if we wanted to play, if DayZ was ported over to it.

I can safely say that nobody paid for Arma :D

hahaha

Already had Arma2 before DayZ, all DayZ did was rekindle my love for the game. I would glady buy a stand alone version (would love it to be on the Arma3 engine).

No, no. That's the world we live in where you need to spend millions of pounds on marketing, promotions and have amazing graphics to be considered a game worth looking into.

Yeah man I completely agree, one of my all-time favourite games is from 1995 called Dungeon Keeper: Gold. The graphics are abysmal but the gameplay is simply orgasmic!