Sign in to follow this  
Survivor Tyler

Insane Amount of Hackers

Is it just me or is DayZ being infested with an excessive amount of hackers.

In the past three days i have ran across an as50 thermal golden weapons.

and even a g36? I was like what the hell. Of course i had ran around a bit with these weapons not even knowing until i made a post a yesterday. I am getting really sick of all of this.

What if me h aving picked up these things leads to a ban? All because a hacker spawned in something i didnt know was wrong to pick up.

To be honest, i've never had a run with a hacker, not once. and i have a few hundred hours under my belt.

Yes, it suprises me that this game has so many hackers (most of them on US servers). It seems like it's fairly easy to hack, but ok, the game is new, and the protection is poorly.

- Still nr. 2 on my game-with-the-most-hackers-list. (APB Reloaded nr. 1) :)

To be honest, i've never had a run with a hacker, not once. and i have a few hundred hours under my belt.

this

Wow I'm kinda shocked by that. I come across them daily, it has ruined the game for me. I've found a private server I'm going to try for awhile, so far it seems to be somewhat of a safe zone.

Edit: and I'm not just talking about the guys spawning über loot, I'm talkin guys who kill you or an entire server with a push of a button. The worst kind.

Edited by Dvyjns

Chances are it's happened a lot and you didn't even know it. It's pretty common in this game if you hadn't noticed.

Hmm, let me see, on LU15 a guy in a chopper found my camp and nuked it. And just now on LU30 some joker with an invisibility hack placed a ring of bear traps all around a tree I was crouched in.

Ybut ok, the game is new, and the protection is poorly.

Game comes from May/June/July 2009, not so young anymore ;).

You're not the only one who has noticed this. On average there are on our server I guess 2 to 3 hackers active every evening and we find a lot of people with insane gear. Unfortenately it is hard to prove anything, even while we're actively monitoring every log and event. Only get evidence round in 1 of 3 cases I guess, although our suspicions are always right. If you are a smart hacker you only spawn normal items and if you get killed you simply disconnected and wait for a few hours or a day to play again. No way you will ever be noticed or caught.

But yeah, we've seen quite some camps lately with a lot of gear (4 GPS, 3 nv goggles, lot of weapons etc, that kind of stuff), which we then raid and plunder and find the same stuff in it again 12 hours later. Not much we can do against it, as nothing gets logged about this.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero

Well for me, its 75% chance of me joining a server with a HACKER and lose my gear. Im like a hacker magnet

Yup. Been mass/scriptkilled 3 times. Seen lots of dups. I want private servers.

It's because the game is so good, end of story. But the server model is broken.

Well to one of the earlier posts i was just expressing the mass amounts of hackers that are on most of the servers now-a-days. I feel it really needs to be dealt with.

Yeah Ive found that US servers seem to have more hackers than elsewhere. Came across a god mode guy the other night. Full 6 rounds from a Revolver to the skull and no kill, then he 1 hit instakilled me...

And seeing alot of vehicles which is unusual...

Yeah US 104 Chicago (My clan's server) has been visited the last few days after a long streak of no issues from hackrs. Seems to me some new sort of cheat came out and all of the hackers went out and got it.

killed a hacker with noob gear but he had a thermal rifle so i took it. i hope people don't consider me a hacker now because i took his shit.

I just found a guy who was in the airfield barracks (whom I killed) and he just randomly respawned in the back room with all his gear then I killed him once more. Then he just respawned again in the back room again and killed me. Was he hacking or something?

Lol you guys don't keep up with the news very often do you Read the last 2000 Threads?

Edited by Gaidoon

in the last week I've seen servers being nuked, spawned helicopters, invisible hackers teleporting around shooting people (twice), and today I killed a guy in a hacked vehicle just to see my gear vanish into thin air seconds after

battleye's piss poor anticheat protection is a joke really

Edited by hard2burn

Yeah, it is getting silly... Was just teleported and killed again after finding a M107 and a Ural.

I am taking a break from Dayz now... last week have been a constant hack fest all around and it is sad to see.

I know it is an Alpha... But... yeah, Rocket should just lock the game down until he got this solved really, because it is giving Dayz a horrific rumor as a bug and hackfest. Tho it is not a rumor as much as truth at the moment!

Thanks to those that do not hack tho, you given the game many special moments!

To the hackers: Go put a gun in your mouth, blow your brains out and make the world a better place. (Harsh, but rightfully so)

Ive only had my first run in with any hacker in the last 1-2 weeks.

Now its bat shit crazy.

Stuff worrying about bandits...

Now its worrying about hackers.

This shit is getting out of controll.

As a server host who runs a constantly full 50 man, the game on our server is made unplayable. We are hit every hour by texture exploits, invis people, nukes, people spawning ammo cases with satchel charges, etc. It just isn't worth it as a server admin, being unable to do anything besides catch them after the fact and only sometimes.

Until some of this is resolved, I really wish we could make our servers private or at least something. Some exploits can be fixed by a check command, but then my box has 50mb of i/o and it makes everything unplayable.

Hackers destroy popular games ... if this isn't fixed ASAP, DayZ will quickly fade.

Just this weekend I had 2 hackers on my servers, and those are only the ones that got reported. We had a hacker nuke the server twice, and another in a hacked in a jeep who had god mode, zombie skin, and was spawning weapons for players. I only know about the last guy because one of the admins tried to killed him only to be offered a ride and weapons.

I can't imagine how many hackers I missed. This is getting crazy.

Edited by mahatmajonny
  • Like 1