Decaps

Is anyone NOT a murderer?

Current life is my longest.... 12 days.

450+ zombie kills

2 murders

0 bandits

One of the murders was my friend who I was on skype with. He had a broken leg so we decided he should be put down mercifully.

Murder #2 I still feel kind of bad about. I was with my buddy on skype (as usual) and we heard some gunfire in Gorka as we were making our way through. We crept toward the gunfire looking for action. I saw a dead zombie on the ground and we went to defcon 1. I came around the front of one of those long barns and saw one man looking down at the ground...he had a shotgun. The guy was just standing there kind of facing my direction but looking at the ground. I figured he was in his inventory. At any moment he could have looked up and blasted me and my ingame mic wasn't working and I wasn't about to take my hands away to type. I didn't feel like running away... otherwise we wouldn't have gone toward the gunfire. I suppose we were looking for bandits, I certainly wasn't out to murder anyone innocent. I dropped him with two shots from my FAL.

I still feel bad about that kill. But now I have my ingame mic working so I'll one other option open to me.

I haven't killed a single player in game yet. I've been in a few situations where I thought I was going to have to resolve to shooting a pair of dudes when I was playing with a friend. We were all armed and they were asking a lot of questions. But everyone left without firing a shot. Although they did ask us to follow them to a river and to my knowledge there weren't any rivers around there...

I'm sure I'll kill another player at some point. I've been lucky enough not to encounter that many of them so far.

http://dayzmod.com/

Just look at the stats. Almost nobody is a murderer, and less than 20% of survival attempt ended with murder. Know your maths.

The stats are misleading. Many many people commit suicide if they spawn unfavorably. I suicided at least 5 times a couple nights ago, after dying to a bandit, in order to get closer to my friends. On some servers I have seen the same player commit suicide a dozen or more times.

• Like 1

I got killed today with 0 murders and a lot of day count, because I stopped playing this game for a while because it's a boring DM mode.

I restarted and found a friendly guy, which i killed as he tried to backstab me.

I usually kill for fun to make this situation so worse so Rocked will have to change something in the gameplay to stop it.

There arn't survivors.

Only bandits.

Tell me the differences between survivor and bandits please.

One shoot on sight for not be shooted, and the other shoot on sight just because they are "bandits".

WTF?

The stats are misleading. Many many people commit suicide if they spawn unfavorably. I suicided at least 5 times a couple nights ago, after dying to a bandit, in order to get closer to my friends. On some servers I have seen the same player commit suicide a dozen or more times.

Exatly.

I died 10 times, 2 because of bandits and 8 because of respawning. Zeds are not a threat, once you find 2 entrance buildings and montains.

You can run without pressure with a "zombie train" in your back, but you will feel your hearth rush when you'll hear gunshots.

That's why this game is broken.

i think im 11 days "old" and with 1 murder. It was actually self-defence too - was fired upon and had to defend myself.

My murder level is usually quite low. I pretty much avoid survivors, but i do "hunt" groups if there are 2 or more people together... :P just havent seen any in a while.

Most people are murderers. Most murderers are not bandits however. I've killed countless people who I know have killed others but never get a bandit count for it. I normally don't actively seek people out to kill. If I run into somebody I kill them no questions asked. They were either going to kill me or they were going to loot what I came there to loot, thus wasting my time.

My 4 first attempts to "not murder" were at the beginning of the game. I got to cherno / electro and took me some base gear. After that, i always wanted to get up in the north of cherno, to see , what happens there. I didnt shoot when i met someone and i told them "friendly". They sticked with me for a while and then murdered me with an axe or something. Since those 4 attempts, i kill nearly everyone who comes near me.

When i am farming at the airfield in balota with 1 or 2 friends and there comes someone with a weapon equipped, he will definately end up dead.

If someone without a weapon comes there, we`ll tell him to leave, or he gets shot.

Sounds fair, huh?

My group of 20 or so does not generally engage people unless they seem comabant, there too close to camp, or they have a sniper rifle. This may seem like a lot of people. But we have let a lot of folk go on by. That's the world of day z we live in. Us or them.

The thing is, most players with good intentions have been murdered trying to do good deeds and their humanity generally just goes away. Happened to me.

So can ANYONE provide a screen shot of a at least day 5 or higher character with little to no murders ?

Sure.

ArmA2OA_2012-07-19.png

As you can see, I'm a zombie killer, which of course means I don't hide in the woods. I intend to keep my murders at zero, but you never know what can happen. I've encountered players many times, and I generally evade without them seeing me. Of course I've been shot at as well, but a good zig-zag retreat into the forest has been doing the trick so far.

At the beginning I believed DayZ was different. So I gave it a chance, try to play "the spirit". Every single time, I announced being friendly, or I spared someone I was shot the second thereafter (and that is in the occasions I had the chance to see my murderer). Then I have realized that I was just not playing this game correctly: DayZ is not a coop survival with friendly fire on, it is a deatmatch arena with moaning zombies for soundtrack.

DayZ is a shooter with no rules or ethics whatsoever. No one is a murderer or a bandit, we are all players in a FPS and we naturally shoot at each others.

I made it to day 15 with zero murders/kills, and multiple rescues (as a medic). Like VZSpyder and others have said, you just have to be alert, patient, and learn to serpent run. I've been chased and shot at more times than I care to admit.

I play regularly with a few people and we have let numerous people go. The only time we murder is if the other person(s) are a threat to us (shooting at us, bringing a zombie train, or pointing a weapon at us without responding to our direct com, etc.)

Last night my best friend and I were getting shot at by another pair of players. They got my friend, and I got them. I camped my friend's body so he could get his stuff back. He made it before they did, they returned looking for revenge - so yup, we had to take them down again. After that we moved on. We met another survivor in Cherno, he said he just started playing the game last night. We helped him get geared and then we went our separate ways. However, during these moments I always kept my eyes on him, just in case. :)

Edited by Voidfox

I shoot on sight at armed survivors and I will hunt them if I hear gunshots near me because it is the most efficient and least boring way to survive.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

I try not to kill people but sometimes when Im not watching the chat and somebody calls out "Friendly", I turn around and nearly pee myself and just accidentally shoot them before I notice they are friendly and not a zombie...

I was a murderer 3-4 weeks ago.

Now I only kill bandits, and when I say bandits I don't mean some guy I see on a hill with a gun, I mean someone who has attacked me or another player.

I havent murdered anyone but I went onto a server the other day and I appeared in elektro (I lost connection while passing through, I didnt want to be there so tried another server)

Straight away I hear a voice on the mike

'its your turn guys'

'Ok we are moving up to the truck'

So I see three guys get in a truck and drive off, I wait a bit longer and the direct chat mike conversation continues

'how long until their back?'

'Probably and hour or two', when they get back they will take over'

'Then its our turn? what do we do until then?'

'Just leave your game running, if you see someone shoot them'

Anyway, there was a lot more talking, but basically these bandits sit and snipe, leaving their game running ALL DAY and return to playing and shoot anyone they see, their friends were doing truck runs up north and getting ammo etc.

This is kinda sad, all they did was sit there and talk like it was a chat room and didnt even play the game

Its not the first time ive seen this either

I usually give people a chance if they look new, and if they don't respond friendly then I kill them.

If I find a sniper in the hills, I always shoot him without asking. I know what they're there for.

Someone on top of a building? Fair game. For obvious reasons.

Heavily geared? Fair game. If you have the gear to defend yourself you better know how to use it.

You do have to wonder out of all the times someone has shot at you, how many players have saw you, perhaps had you in their sights with a rifle of some sort, but let you go because you currently pose no threat to them?

I'm sure you'd be surpised at how many times. I have seen many players running by and I've dropped low and watch them run by. Only difference is there are so many stories on the forums of people being killed, it really makes it seem like thats what everyone does, because hardly anyone posts stories of "I let some guy go".

• Like 3

You do have to wonder out of all the times someone has shot at you, how many players have saw you, perhaps had you in their sights with a rifle of some sort, but let you go because you currently pose no threat to them?

I'm sure you'd be surpised at how many times. I have seen many players running by and I've dropped low and watch them run by. Only difference is there are so many stories on the forums of people being killed, it really makes it seem like thats what everyone does, because hardly anyone posts stories of "I let some guy go".

This, exactly.

The reason you think "everyone" is a murderer is because 9 times in 10 when someone chooses not to kill you, you have no idea it happened.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Simple rules kill or avoid. If I am in Heli crash or NW or Berizino (any high risk area) I see someone I shoot. Real simple to high risk area to take chances. If I see someone in random spot I look at what they have see if it may be worth killing if it not avoid.

Kill or Avoid never trust (unless you don't have much then trust away take a chacne)

Why wouldnt you kill? Its free lewt

are you really trying to convince people to steep down to your pathetic level of treating human beings as loot bags?

I had a 2 weeker with zero kills, I generally avoid players because out of everyone I've meet in-game(random player) only 2 have not killed me. Even than if i'm spotted I try to get in a tactical location and wait to see if they come to kill me or just go on their way.