aTypicalGamer

Dropping stuff, to pick up something else...

Is this a bug or a lag issue? Whenever i get a choice to pick something up by dropping something else instead, the item that I was supposed to drop just disappears. Ex: I got a tent, and i want to pickup ammo. I put my crosshair over the ammo, and click "Pick up ammo (Drop Tent)" So I pick up the ammo but the tent disappears...Any way to fix this? Wait for patch? Lag? Or just get used to it and never use the pickup/drop option again (lol).

Basically the if you 're dropping items on a slope - "you're gonna have a bad time". Items will teleport to a random location on the hill. Just drop stuff on the even floor

Ah man this happened to me tonight.. It was so brutal I had a Winchester with a ton of ammo and a random hunting sniper rifle in a barn caught my eye.. I've never even scoped in with a sniper rifle in this game so I thought what the heck.. I will just pick it up to see how far this thing zooms and how badass I feel.. Once I had my scoped in fun for about 10 seconds I went to grab my winchester that I dropped on the floor in front of me.. or so I thought and it was gone along with all of its ammo!!!! So depressing. Oh well it's just a bug or a kink that will eventually get ironed out.. until then all we can do is laugh it off and keep pressing on in the wasteland of bugs, exploits, glitches, zeds and scared sheeple that shoot at anything that moves.

I'd suggest getting used to not using that method for now. I try to avoid swapping at any point, from ground to inventory to backpack etc. Do not tempt the arma gods :D

Its just a common bug, just make sure anything you drop is on completely flat ground and your not standing in a corner or something. If there is not enough room around you, the item could disappear. If the ground is not completely flat then your item could disappear as well. Try to use your backpack to store these weapons instead of putting them on the ground.

Is this a bug or a lag issue? Whenever i get a choice to pick something up by dropping something else instead, the item that I was supposed to drop just disappears. Ex: I got a tent, and i want to pickup ammo. I put my crosshair over the ammo, and click "Pick up ammo (Drop Tent)" So I pick up the ammo but the tent disappears...Any way to fix this? Wait for patch? Lag? Or just get used to it and never use the pickup/drop option again (lol).

GOD! I really dont understand why people keep using the mousewheel function to pickup/use stuff. That function is absolutely bugged and should be avoided until it is fixed.

How to avoid the disappearing bug?

Use this very safe method:

- never exchange weapons directly, the dropped weapon might desapppear for no reason.

- Mouse over the item on the ground until the green item symbol appears.

- Press G to enter the inventory.

- drop the weapon manually on the ground via the left arrow button or doubleclicking the picture (ammo will be dropped automatically).

- pick up the weapon of choice via the right arrow button or doubleclicking it (ammo will be picked up automatically).

Make sure you never drop the weapon directly on the ground, especially inside buildings. Allways look for something thats already on the ground and drop it there to be safe. If there isnt really anything on the ground, drop something you may need the least like flares or chemlights. If it doesnt disappear, drop the weapon on top of it by using the above method. If it does disappear, dont drop anything else or it will disappear too! Drop it outside to be safe.

[Edit]

Hatchet and Flashlight might disappear too if equiped while exchanging directly with a weapon and exchanging again. Allways attach them to the toolbelt where they belong before equipping weapons.

Edited by Foxtail
  • Like 1

I'm not following - I have a full inventory including M74 and Makarov. Can I swap to the flashlight without dropping my weapon?Every time I've dropped a weapon or some important thing its gone. I don't want to loose the guns, so I'd normally leave it 12 hrs and log back in in daylight.

Edited by Horrgakx

i actually recorded when i where in NW airfield and i found an m24 which has 0.19% dropchance apparently, it was inside one of the hangars, i picked it up, then took my Akm into my backpack and organized all the ammo, then i tought.. what if i meet other people, probably best to have the AK now, so i dropped the M24 and then i transfered the ak from backpack to inventory, but then i couldnt find the M24 and all its ammo, i dropped the AKM too but i could pick it up again, so i did and all the 6 clips i had for that dissapeared.