Albolic

Why Only Low

I have a beast laptop and went on CYRI and it set I can run it on max! I go in game and need to turn everything to Very Low to get 30fps

At least you can get 30 FPS. I have a gaming rig that I could normally play any game flawlessly yet I struggle to get above 15 FPS

Most likely it said you can run Arma 2 on max. This is a mod for Arma 2, and it is not exactly optimized quite yet. There a measures you can take to help increase your frames. Use the search tool, or browse the troubleshooting forum and you will find a good amount of guides and tips to get more frames.

Also, try more than just one server. Some servers struggle more than others with object cleanup, and get very bogged down and cause everyone to lag.

Install the ArmA2 OA 95208 beta release, apparently that improves performance.

Search on the forums and Google about ArmA 2 and more specifically, DayZ performance tweaks. There's enough info already out there.

I think it's the servers you play on. I've played on a server that had 40+ people that ran incredibly smooth and another one that made the game run 15fps

Edited by Dr. Phil

sometimes it's just the server. I have a custom built desk top and sometimes I'll 15FPS, sometimes I'll get 50FPS.

Like everyone said above this is an Alpha mod and it is not yet optimized. I had a lot of the same issues you did and my computer runs all the most recent games on ultra or high settings just fine.

There are a few things you can do to optimize the game. Check out this link for detailed optimization of the game.

http://pastebin.com/F7Q8Ne2i

There is no way any laptop could possibly run it on max with good frame rate. I have an overclocked i5 2500K and a HD6870 and still can't really set everything to high if I want to have a constantly decent fps. Talking about ARMA 2 here, for the actual mod it seems to be even worse. Tweaking stuff will certainly help but it's mostly down to how the game is. Very demanding on both CPU and GPU.

I find it rediculous that even after I overclock my graphics card I still have to play on low just to get 30fps

>.<

Net code often times defeats local technology.

I run on 40+ FPS on a new high quality system. The most is highly-unoptimized next to the engine but I still love it and the FPS doesn't really go lower than 40 and works great!

I have a beast laptop and went on CYRI and it set I can run it on max! I go in game and need to turn everything to Very Low to get 30fps

At least you can get 30 FPS. I have a gaming rig that I could normally play any game flawlessly yet I struggle to get above 15 FPS

What are both of you're systems specs?

I am running a pretty old machine and I rarely get any lag other than server lag that is.

AMD Phenom 9750 X4 (NOT BE, 2.4GHZ) <- The first gen quads and they were pretty rubbish!

4GB DDRII 800MHZ

Gigabyte 460GTX (I know bottleneck'd :/)

I run with 2000-3000 visibility @ 1680 x 1050 resolution with most settings high. =/

Edited by deltaforce11

Beast and laptop should never be used in the same sentence. Unless it's something like "My dog beast peed on my laptop".

I think you'll be surprised at what some laptops can pack. I have an ASUS G71GX (P8700 2.6GHZ, 6GB DDRII 800MHZ, 260GTX 1GB) and it handles pretty much

everything i've thrown at it (BF3, high). Bare in mind though gaming laptops are big, bulky and have poor battery life as a trade-off for performance!

(My laptop weighs over 4.9 kg/10.9 pounds!)

Some of the servers are incredible unstable so I don't think its your laptop.

DayZ mission doesn't have a lot of scripts running. Of course there are small scripts that can lag everyone, but i don't think so in this case. Chernarus "Island" is very demanding on the hardware side mainly due to trees, bushes and other shading issues. Takistan on the other hand was optimized so it runs significantly better, but i must add Takistan doesn't have as much trees and grass to have a huge impact on your system. Even i have lower fps in Chernarus than in Takistan on my rig, but never lower than 40 fps in the worst cases ( mainly in bigger towns and thick forests or when zooming out on a treeline ) because that's when i get a headache.

@ Delta

Titles such as BF3, CoD are supposed to run on medium to lower spec system with good hollywoodish effects which still good graphics. Even my old AMD dual core which i gave away some time ago could run those newer titles on higher than average settings. You can't compare a backyard sized shooting ground to ArmAs "infinite battlespace".

Edited by Enforcer