vanq69er

HDR going crazy! White out and flashing :(

Hi all,

I have had this problem forever on and off and recently it has been drving me crazy!

Basically when I am running through a forest (can happen anywhere but usually when lighting is changing rapidly) the screen starts flashing white and then eventually whites out my screen (like a flash bang) and then slowly goes back to normal before starting to flash again etc etc.

I have tried googleing it and have tried everything :(

*Turning HDR to normal

*Lowering video memory to high

*PP is off

*HDR Precision is set to 32 in arma2.cfg

*re-installing/updating drivers for video card

*changing resolution

Does anyone have any other ideas or has found a fix for this?

My specs are ATI HD6990, 2700k, 8Gb of ram etc

Thanks all.

Update:

More things that didnt work:

*Downgraded to CCC 12.1

* Under clocked GPU

I had same problem. I read from arma II forum, that you have to just change video memory. You can even change it back to orginal after change. Maybe this helps.

I have tried changing the video memory around and it still keeps happening. Or do you mean that I should change the video memory to stop the flashing when it starts in game?

Also I have tried every driver under the sun including the latest 12.6, I will try the 12.7 beta tonight.

Hi there

I have the same problem, but if its dark in goes black and comes visible again after 10 sec or something....

I had a firefight once when SUDDENLY my damn screen goes all black exept the menu and icons remain visible...

in daylight it goes white somethimes black i think its the surroundings..

Im using 2 6870's and i tried 12.7 beta...

not helping :(

im looking for a solution too

Ill try only run 1 Graphic Card

I have this issue with my ati HD 5970. I switched to a geforce 560gtx ti for a month while my 5970 was in RMA and the issue was gone. I'm back on my ATI HD 5970 and it makes dayz unplayable. Every time I run through sun light, it blinds me for a good 5 seconds or more.

Like everyone else I've tried changing all my graphic settings and switching drivers.