ChapYurin

Shotgun bullets must be same (12 gauge).

If you don't get what my suggestion about from title i will explain below. Sorry if anyone suggest this but i couldn't find it.

- Shotgun bullets:

As I played the game I found a bit weird to make difference between shotgun bullets for winchester (15) and to other shotguns (8) with SAME caliber (12 gauge). So how about making one type of bullets for ALL shotguns, with same caliber it makes sense. And also 15 rounds is too many per 1 magazine, i suggest 8 bullets per magazine for all shotgun types.

Leave your arguments below, hope this will be fixed/added.

Pretty much this.

Also please reduce the amount of slug spawns and increase the amount of pellet spawns. Slugs are too good to be available in every barn.

This has been discussed in length in other threads.

Please use the search function before posting.

Yes we need a standardized ammo system.

Box of 12 gauge shotgun shells should work in all shotguns.

Dmr mags should be emptied out and the ammo used in the m24 and m40.

Engine limitation and probably fits the gameplay too. Winchester and Makarov ammo come in bulk, while ammo for top tier weapons are harder to find.

I prefer the rarity, there are tons of different types of rounds; from different grain bullets to different diameter. Contrary to popular belief not every round of the same caliber fits in every firearm!

Keep it unique.

- Shotgun bullets:

As I played the game I found a bit weird to make difference between shotgun bullets for winchester (15) and to other shotguns (8) with SAME caliber (12 gauge). So how about making one type of bullets for ALL shotguns' date=' with same caliber it makes sense. And also 15 rounds is too many per 1 magazine, i suggest 8 bullets per magazine for all shotgun types.

Leave your arguments below, hope this will be fixed/added.

[/quote']

I agree, to an extend. I believe it should be similar to Stanag and 9mm scenario. You can use Stanag (5.56) ammo in M4, M16's and M249, but you cannot use the m249 belt in M4 or M16. By same token, you can use in your Glock, both G17 and M9 ammo, but you cannot use G17 in M9 gun. I think that it's a good differentiator, if you can use the higher tier ammo in lower tier guns, but not other way around

Pretty much this.

Also please reduce the amount of slug spawns and increase the amount of pellet spawns. Slugs are too good to be available in every barn.

Have you used pellets against zombies' date=' hell, even players? They're insane. You can take out 3-4 zombies with single shot. But i do agree, there are MUCH less pellets generally than slugs.

This does not represent the realism this game stands for.

Because zombie apocalypse is so realistic, really dude?

12 gauge is NOT the only caliber for shotguns' date=' and contrary to popular belief, it is not the only one out there, especially not when it comes to hunting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauge_(bore_diameter)

[/quote']

Yes, but by the same token if you check description, they both say 12 gauge

Engine limitation and probably fits the gameplay too. Winchester and Makarov ammo come in bulk' date=' while ammo for top tier weapons are harder to find.

[/quote']

Engine allows for that, ever found 'Stanag' mag? It fits variety of rifles, because they all use same ammo

I prefer the rarity' date=' there are tons of different types of rounds; from different grain bullets to different diameter. Contrary to popular belief not every round of the same caliber fits in every firearm!

Keep it unique.

[/quote']

This isnt real life, we dont have to adjust our sights to match the grain count and associated bullet drop. And you can use that M16 with either .223 or 5.56 ammo. Imagine this being your perfect world scenario, where you find the gun so good, you dont even have to adjust anything, it works fine. Hell, in reality you have to worry not only about grain count, but also the primer used, as some weapons are not designed to have their hammers hit the harder primers (US made weapons vs. russian military ammo is good example ;))

The winchester is an odd item I cannot understand why they use shotgun shells I have been looking for a shotgun all the time and they are really rifle rounds?

So much for making sense of it all.

This gun should not be in the game due to location and caliber of weapon I'm not sure why the devs chose this rifle.

The Winchester is based on a lever action black power rifle, not a shotgun. The ammo type would be changed if it was possible but it's more effort than is warrented.