Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

will dayz ever come to consouls and is there anything else like dayz

i dont actualy have dayz though i have watched probabley 12 hours of gameplay on youtube but unfortunatly my computer is a shitbucket that barely manages to hold 3 pages open at the same time without blue screning i have a crappy ps3 and thats it rearly im just woundering is dayz or something similar coming to ps3?

I just doubt consoles will be able to handle ArmA 2 (which DayZ runs on) very well.

Not to mention the god awful joystick controls (ArmA has waaaay too many buttons than you can fit on a joystick).

Arma 2 on consoles lolololol

You have got to be kidding?

No, for one thing ArmA 2 would need to be ported to consoles. But even then you wouldn't be able to play DayZ since consoles cant use mods.

first of all the answer is not "no"! You guys dont know that. Its up to rocket and the dayz staff to make that decision. Im sure you can 100% make this game to consoles no prob. Plus there is alot of money on consoles. Why not have it for pc and consoles! $$$$

first of all the answer is not "no"! You guys dont know that. Its up to rocket and the dayz staff to make that decision. Im sure you can 100% make this game to consoles no prob. Plus there is alot of money on consoles. Why not have it for pc and consoles! $$$$

Not it's not.

With all due respect, rocket doesn't have a say in shit when it comes to DayZ being on the consoles. It's entirely up to Bohemia if they choose to convert ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 into consoles.

Which I highly doubt.

Not it's not.

With all due respect, rocket doesn't have a say in shit when it comes to DayZ being on the consoles. It's entirely up to Bohemia if they choose to convert ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 into consoles.

Which I highly doubt.

it will prob go to console. Dont see why not...

My consoul friends say "I hope Day Z comes to Xbox"

And I'm like "no, at the moment that just isn't possible" and they make up a ton of excuses...blah blah blah

but no, it won't. And if it does, it will suck

The War Z is going to be quite like DayZ, but it is still catering to a "milder" audience. Not the Call of Duty audience, but audiences more like STALKER, Dead Island, and Fallout. Here's a PC Gamer Artice on it:

The War Z

Simple version: The War Z is somewhat like DayZ, only with more customization, a retail price of $30, and skill trees. Skill trees dictate that there is XP, and XP means quests. Quests means levels, and levels mean non-civilian guns being at your disposal. Fortunately, people can host servers, it's a one-time payment (no subscription), there's a normal and hardcore mode, free updates and 250 people in a 400ish km2 world.

Not exaclty like DayZ, but its probably the closest a retail version can get. Hopefully, the specs won't be super-high, and pray that it doesn't turn out like APB Reloaded.

As for consoles:

- ARMA: never has and never will. There are not enough buttons, and you'd have to delve into 3-button combos just to bring up your watch.

- The War Z? Since its an "MMO", probably not. Not to mention, consoles are dying out of the current (8th gen) anyway. The Wii U is headlining with mediocre crap, and the Ecksbawx and Painstakin' 3 will be sure to follow. Probably around 2013/14.

My consoul friends say "I hope Day Z comes to Xbox"

And I'm like "no, at the moment that just isn't possible" and they make up a ton of excuses...blah blah blah

but no, it won't. And if it does, it will suck

how will it suck? is gonna be the same game lol.

It's hard, first of all, to properly convert a game into consoles.

Second of all, they're too weak to handle ArmA 2, let alone ArmA 3.

Third of all, the joystick doesn't support all the keys and keybinds in ArmA (too many of them).

Fourth, it's expensive to port a game into consoles (extra hours, extra workers who specialize in ports, etc).

And Fifth, consoles don't support modding (which is what DayZ is - a mod).

Edited by krtshv
  • Like 1

Some problems it will have are the massive map, the ungodly amount of keybinds, and the online only model.

It's hard, first of all, to properly convert a game into consoles.

Second of all, they're too weak to handle ArmA 2, let alone ArmA 3.

Third of all, the joystick doesn't support all the keys and keybinds in ArmA (too many of them).

Fourth, it's expensive to port a game into consoles (extra hours, extra workers who specialize in ports, etc).

And Fifth, consoles don't support modding (which is what DayZ is - a mod).

yeah is a mod as of now. Remember dayz still in alpha not even beta. When production for the standalone game commense, im sure they will have a full blown out staff. Is a lot of work but duable. I dont see why people wouldnt want this on consoles. It will get more people into the game, help out bohemia, and the new gender of zombie games. After all were all gamers wether is pc , xbox, playstation, or nintendo. Itl just be better as a whole. Is retarded this war with pc vs console. Lol grow up all of you!

yeah is a mod as of now. Remember dayz still in alpha not even beta. When production for the standalone game commense, im sure they will have a full blown out staff. Is a lot of work but duable. I dont see why people wouldnt want this on consoles. It will get more people into the game, help out bohemia, and the new gender of zombie games. After all were all gamers wether is pc , xbox, playstation, or nintendo. Itl just be better as a whole. Is retarded this war with pc vs console. Lol grow up all of you!

No one's starting a PC vs Console war (if consoles actually had any advantages over PC's, this actually might have been a war).

People are just saying that DayZ - as it is now - an ArmA 2 mod, will not be coming out to Consoles.

Not until it's standalone, and even then it's not a 100% sure thing.

Edited by krtshv

As a developer I must tell you that its very very hard to fit an open world and lots of players into a console. Many tried, but...

And Day Z is the only one "right now" that satisfies the open world zombie survival game out there. PC is better my friend. Way better.

Thats why PCs have serious prices :) Its for serious players, for serious games :)

So get yourself a good enough rig, and play Day Z

It doesnt take a NASA computer to play it

Edited by RussianKaliber

Give the fucking guy a break!!!! <_<

No it will not come to consoles, because you got greedy fucking arseholes like sony and microsoft pinching every fucking delveloper for what they have!!!

Mods are freedom, no cost just an idea ...and guess what the money makers hate that, NO i mean really hate the fact that someone can score big from nothing but a simple IDEA!!!!

Fuck me imagine that some comes up with an idea out of thin air!!! <_< (get my point!!!)

I love it!!! Would'nt piss on the fuckers if they were on fire !!! Shit head money people!!! >:(

Give the fucking guy a break!!!! <_<

No it will not come to consoles, because you got greedy fucking arseholes like sony and microsoft pinching every fucking delveloper for what they have!!!

Mods are freedom, no cost just an idea ...and guess what the money makers hate that, NO i mean really hate the fact that someone can score big from nothing but a simple IDEA!!!!

Fuck me imagine that some comes up with an idea out of thin air!!! <_< (get my point!!!)

I love it!!! Would'nt piss on the fuckers if they were on fire !!! Shit head money people!!! >:(

Trying too hard