Sign in to follow this  
genghisjohn

Tried to hit "Options", hit "Respawn" by mistake

Haha been there done this with a full kit, welcome to DayZ - your character couldn't take the harsh life of being a survivor so he/she has done themselves in.

sometimes the characters cant take the pressure, they just "respawn"

mistake...

nuff said

so what you want now?

best is when u do that then try to run back to your body and right before u loot your items back the server restarts or crashs.

• Like 1

Add a yes/no confirmation box on clicking it or remove the bloody respawn button altogether. If we really wanted to kill ourselves I think it would take maybe a full 60 seconds to find some zombies or a place to jump off of, break legs and enjoy that sweet sweet bleedout. Anyways, I have a thread made in my sig suggesting these measures, you can reply/like it if you want to help this get more attention.

edit: Oh sick I never heard about respawn being disabled in the future, free cookie for whoever posts the source link lol.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 2

I thought it was funny as hell. Sure I lost some gametime but I was getting bored anyways. There comes a time when survival becomes too easy so I go looking for trouble.This time the trouble was my carelessness.

This may have just happened to me, I am not positive but I was getting graphics lag a bit and trying to change my settings because I spawned in a server that says Night time OFF but was currently pitch black. Either way it should ask you if you are sure you want to respawn. Simple solution for this.

Same thing happened to me today. Was fully loaded and hit this damn button by mistake. And it was a pitch black night. Luckily I was able to make it from the shore to Green Mountain, where I supposedly left last time I played, and after a half an hour of running around like a blind kitten and trying to catch those sweet fly buzzing sounds I finally found my body :)

+1 for making a "yes/no" option or removing it altogether

How these threads come into existence

1. Person accidentally respawns

2. Immediately makes a user to whine about it.

Ive never done it, and it is the arma engine, so it cant be removed/modified.

Rocket said Respawn button will be disabled at some point the future.

What if your player gets stuck or you're just sick of being trapped in the middle of nowhere on a new character with nothing to lose?

Imo should just add an "Are you sure?" button or something

Use search, actually write something explaining what you want suggested, though i would say tough luck, perhaps it's time to get some glasses ? and use search !

Thread locked.

Use search OP.

Also

What if your player gets stuck or you're just sick of being trapped in the middle of nowhere on a new character with nothing to lose?

Imo should just add an "Are you sure?" button or something

When they disable the Respawn button you are going to have to kill yourself manually in the game. i.e. a Bullet to the head. If you havn't got a weapon to kill yourself with then you are going to have to find some zeds to do the job for you. Or hope there is a nasty bandit on the rocks on that hill over there packing a sniper rifle.