Sign in to follow this  
Ander (DayZ)

Please update your servers! (To 95xxx or later)

Vilayer kindly upgraded my server to 95208 while in the middle of playing it without telling me... and now all my users are stuck in the loading screen.

Congrats... another job well done... and another evening of no gaming... Clap clap clap! I spend my hard earned money on a server, i cant use every friday night... because the next beta patch screws it up.

What is your server name Sloppzz? I'll try to join it. I know I have a working copy of 95208, plus I can check the actual game version of the server.

I like how the server provider i rent from forced my server to patch, Dick move vilayer dick move.

It's best to keep it up to date, but with managed servers they should wait until off hours to update. That kinda sucks :(

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

I love dedicated servers with full control. US 838 updated and working accordingly!

• Like 1

So Ander why has the development suddenly switched to a policy of complete and total version fragmentation with no backward compatibility while still allowing everyone to run whatever the heck they want including private hives?

Thanks

• Like 1

So Ander why has the development suddenly switched to a policy of complete and total version fragmentation with no backward compatibility while still allowing everyone to run whatever the heck they want including private hives?

Thanks

This. A thousand times this.

First it was the beta patch requirement, okay got it. Now there are hive and BattleEye Patches on top of the several DayZ files that need updating ever so often. Were looking at like 10 files that are constantly in flux with any one of them causing compatibility issues.

Not to mention that server providers (HFB) no longer allow any kind of manual patching and yet they still continue to have server mismatch issues as well as hive issues.

I already have the 0.6.2.1 installed. Is there a more updated one coming out for it?

Yeah ill get right on that, except HFB wont let me, and as far as I am concerned for the last 18 hours they've been stealing my money. No communication whatsoever, no eta, they can go to hell.

• Like 1

Thank's again Vilayer for force updating my fucking server YET AGAIN, We didn't have a full server or nothing.

Vilayer kindly upgraded my server to 95208 while in the middle of playing it without telling me... and now all my users are stuck in the loading screen.

another evening of no gaming. I spend my hard earned money on a server, i cant use every friday night... because the next beta patch screws it up. Guys cmon i appreciate it needs doing but its getting silly now as its almost twice a week it changes.

+10

Dude you took the words right out of my mouth, i already made a post about this too. they need to make 1 large patch rather then 20 9mb ones. Arma2 game engine is just pathetic

Thank's again Vilayer for force updating my fucking server YET AGAIN, We didn't have a full server or nothing.

Sorry for double posting but i also agree with you, in the middle of driving they just decide to restart the server with out warning for this update. FYI i am admin of one of there servers and is super frustrating

Vilayer are required to keep the servers up to date as are everyone else who hosts whitelisted servers.

Sorry for double posting but i also agree with you, in the middle of driving they just decide to restart the server with out warning for this update. FYI i am admin of one of there servers and is super frustrating

Battle Eye required an update as part of this patch.

Edited by PersonalJ

I've lost FTP access per a DayZ mod team request...

I have no option to update my server (HFB) until they release the "patch kit" to the admin panel.

I *really* hope you guys have some side-bar conversation going so those of us operating in complete good faith don't get screwed here!

This. A thousand times this.

First it was the beta patch requirement, okay got it. Now there are hive and BattleEye Patches on top of the several DayZ files that need updating ever so often. Were looking at like 10 files that are constantly in flux with any one of them causing compatibility issues.

Not to mention that server providers (HFB) no longer allow any kind of manual patching and yet they still continue to have server mismatch issues as well as hive issues.

HFB = developers own servers. They are enjoying the idea that the majority of the people cannot get online. It results in 2 things...more servers being purchased because people are too foolish to understand that its not the admins fault, its the outrageous customer service and rules some hosts adhere to...and the less bandwidth HFB has to share, the more money they make. Lastly, when servers are not updated and the majority of the playerbase is using sixupdater...it creates a free-roam environment for people to gear out, fully knowing that they will be the only ones who have access to their servers with their friends...I should actually say private realms...and the select few of the dayz population who strategically do not update the beta so they can have an unfair advantage and not fight over loots. Business acumen training needed.

Edited by <RQI>Mucko

Dear serverhosters! :)

As you might have noticed, the people over at BIS are working hard to fix bugs and issues.

The pace of the patches and development has increased which is very uncommon for a +4 year old game!.

The updates have improved stability and decreased the memory trampling which will soon make it possible to add helicopters again (as soon as Rocket removes radar).

But to make this happen - please update your servers so they are at least 95208 .

There has been a bunch of security and dupe fixes.

Also make sure your hiveExt is up to date (0.6.2.1 as of 21th July) .

Servers that dont run 95xxx or later will be disabled from HIVE in the coming days (to prevent some nasty dupes).

Thanks for your understanding!

Please refrain from making threats vs server owners when we cannot even update to the latest beta patch due to the server hosts not making them available to us. Thanks

Well.. Glad that US23 isn't a host managed server. I'd consider that the problem right there, in the long run. not frequent updates by BIS or shut off dates, or HIVE or etc. you get what you pay for. you pay a cheaper price and go with an externally managed solution that takes the work of making sure everything up to date out of your hands, and your going to run into these issues. Not just with DayZ but with any external managed solution. be it a game server, web host, database.. anything that runs on a computer really.

I have a dedicated server with HFB. The only thing I get is am email asking me to update to the recommended release. If I have problems with that beta, I will put a ticket it and rollback.

Will 95054 do? Still waiting on HFB.

It should work but its recommended that you use 95208

another evening of no gaming. I spend my hard earned money on a server, i cant use every friday night... because the next beta patch screws it up. Guys cmon i appreciate it needs doing but its getting silly now as its almost twice a week it changes.

I have to agree, hosts really need to inform their clients if they handle the updates.

Restarting servers in the middle of a firefight is fucking not cool...

Other then that, amazing.. the numbers of fixes, and they just keep coming.

Keep it up Dev team!

Shutting my server down. I honestly can't work like this anymore. The communication between devs and server hosts is pathetic. I'm being forced to update to the latest beta, but there's not instructions to be found ANYWHERE. Have to spend hours searching the net for how the hell to get BattlEye working again, etc.

I don't have time for this. Is it really that hard for the devs to just write a short post once in a while telling us about new things we need to do to keep our servers running?

Honestly, I love DayZ, I really do, but running a DayZ server has been the worst experience of running a server I've ever had.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

you should contact the hosting companies in addition to making posts like this.

HFBServers has not provided updates for the past week. Have been stuck with 95054 with no option to upgrade.

clients upgrading to the NEWEST patch will have a very limited number of servers they can use.

**EDIT**

disable from the hive if we can't update our servers by tomorrow?!?! seriously? i understand that you want server admins to update their servers.... but ALOT of us cant. you might want to rethink your actions and talk to all the hosting companies.

I Agree completely!

Hmm well LU15 was 1 of the first to be patched by vilayer and it's been running fine since 4am, no one stuck at loading, no kit missing, good job to them i say, and for the people that moan about a "forced update" they are required to do this, or they get blacklisted, simple as that, go yell at the devs that made that rule, not Vilayer :-)