Sign in to follow this  

"burn" tent option.

so you are in a bandit group , you have been hunting a group for a while but theres too much stuff in the tents to drag out and move.

You would be expected to destroy enemy supplies to protect yourself on the server right?

just add a "burn" tent option to allow other players to permanently remove your tent from the server , matches required.

TO BE CLEAR - tents destroyed with grenades or cars respawn after a restart , i want permanent destruction.

inb4 carebear posts , bad roleplay ,drop them on the ground, you know the kind

Edited by Guest

Grenades or running them over also work great :P

Indeed. Tents already seem to be made of cardboard- I don't think it's necessary to prioritize yet another way to destroy them.

they aren't permanently destroyed when you run over them , they come back after a restart.

Similar to the respawn button, I believe this mechanic, if added, should feature an "Are you sure?" prompt before destroying your tent and all that lies within...

so you are in a bandit group , you have been hunting a group for a while but theres too much stuff in the tents to drag out and move.

You would be expected to destroy enemy supplies to protect yourself on the server right?

just add a "burn" tent option to allow other players to permanently remove your tent from the server , matches required.

TO BE CLEAR - tents destroyed with grenades or cars respawn after a restart , i want permanent destruction.

inb4 carebear posts , bad roleplay ,drop them on the ground, you know the kind

Why? Doing that makes you an ass. And stop with this carebear crap, it was stupid when it started and it's stupid now, use something else. If you want permanent destruction tell rocket to fix it. Why burn a tent anyways, you might start a wildfire, that would suck not to mention the fumes are probably bad for you. DayZ isn't about trolling it's about surviving. Your skewing the whole point of the game just to fit your sadistic ideals. Deal with it you bandit "carebear," it won't happen.

Edited by chefwillis

Why? Doing that makes you an ass. And stop with this carebear crap, it was stupid when it started and it's stupid now, use something else. If you want permanent destruction tell rocket to fix it. Why burn a tent anyways, you might start a wildfire, that would suck not to mention the fumes are probably bad for you. DayZ isn't about trolling it's about surviving. Your skewing the whole point of the game just to fit your sadistic ideals. Deal with it you bandit "carebear," it won't happen.

There's sadists in every apocalypse scenario , im just filling a niche.

I'm not the bandit type, I'd prefer everyone just treat each other nice. Still can't see a reason why this is a bad idea though, can't expect everyone to get along.

I don't like the idea. It's bad roleplay. Just drop them on the ground.

I believe that every play-style, even if they differ from the norm, should be accepted as long as whatever style is possible to do without changing how the game works. (Hackers)

Making survival for other players harder is also part of surviving, as you have less competition to worry about.

However I do think that the destroying of tents is somewhat low priority at this point. If you want to make survival harder you can just take their best items.

Improving your chances and (maybe) decreasing theirs. Not to forget you can also do what the fine people above me said.

In the end it's their own fault for either:

A ) Putting their camp at a location that is easy to find.

B ) Leading you to their camp.

Edited by MasterZ

Its fucking bugged i just raided a camp put everything on the ground saved the tents like 10 times each. AFTER the restart all stuff was back!! u could also use to dupe it Oo WHY is that ? I like a burn tent option! There must be the possibility!!!!

They should include an option of some sort to destroy tents while on foot,and I dont mean by grenade