Glythe

DayZ: A neat game with no endgame

i think the OP has a lot of good suggestions, and has stayed pretty professional and impersonal with his replies. most of the responses have started name calling and flaming, and he's kept his cool. i respect that.

personally, I think it would cool to have some different Z's. Why not? In a real zombie infestation, im sure there would be a few Z's you would come across that just dont go down as easy. maybe even like make it be a random HP percentage on every Z or something, with like a 15% difference in HP or something, just to keep it unpredictable and interesting.

you never know what you are going to come across, get unlucky and happen to pull 3 +20% or something zombies and see what happens. i would like the game to be harder in that perspective.

i don't get why people are so negative to all hes ideas, i get that rocket said he don't want different zombie types and whatnot, but it would be a nice change to actually have to worry a little about zombies when going into town for supplies. right now its far to easy to gather all zombies in a city, form a Ztrain and just leave them in a barn/house and u'll have free loot in the city. ofcourse there are players to worry about when doing this tactic, but that again could be countered by having a sniper team in the hills.

I wonder if part of rockets "experiment" is to see how many armchair developers will make totally unoriginal ideas posts on the forum. Come on rocket, spill the beans. I know you got a count somewhere!

On #2. It does have consequences. You shoot at someone and they might shoot back. How is that not a consequence?

On #3. Saying NW AF is the only place to go once you have good loot is wrong. Crashed choppers are all over and player camps can be anywhere. This horde idea is neat, but it will be easy to kill that many zombies in a single location with a single satchel charge or 2-3 grenades. Also I don't like the idea of scripted "events" in DayZ.

Edited by EonShiKeno

DayZ endgame:

1. Ghillie suit

2. AS50

3. L85 w/thermal scope

4. Hunting knife

5. Box of Matches

6. Hatchet

7. M1911/.45 w/unlimited ammo exploit

8. Water bottle

Once you have all the above, you won the game. Just grab food/water from animals and lakes... and snipe people in cities all day long.

Some might say you need NVG too, but why would you? Most servers run on daytime anyways, plus it's much harder to see muzzleflashes during day.

My main problem with you OP is the use of the word "end game"

That doesn't exist you flange monkey.

Its a sandbox game, you start the game up..and that's it, its the game.

Do what you will.

I find COD, WoW style bullshit with this progression crap to be very boring.

They manufacture your "progression", manufacture your character by guiding you to "endgame".

Bullshit, give players the tools to do what ever the hell they want and you will always end up with some epic crazy shit, 10000x times better than any fucking writer for a game can come up with.

Human imagination FTW.

Coming up with sick and twisted ways to murder folks in DayZ is plently of fun for me, i feel all the emotions of guilt, greed, fear, happiness, rage etc and i feel no need to go get the best loot and be l33tz.