DayZ Update 1.5.1

New DayZ Update!

UPDATE : 28 APR 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.1

* dayz 1.2.1

* dayz_weapons 1.1.1

Developer's Note:

* We removed out eventhandlers mapped to VOIP some time ago, we don't know why is not working sometimes now.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Nobody would change into a bandit

* [FIXED] Disconnected clients zombies would stand still and do nothing

* [FIXED] Freezing at screen on death

* [NEW] Study bodies for their cause of death and name

* [NEW] Deaths from blood loss count as murders/kills

* [NEW] Study bodies for their cause of death and name

Will there be approximate time of death at some point also?

Also woop woop updates.

There's a new chat system or something? I don't know if it's supposed to be doing this, but it is activating on myself. As in, my character is talking to himself. I assume it's supposed to be interacting with another player, and not triggering on mine.

Haha, awesome, my suggestion for studying bodies got put in. Also, though theres a comment on the DC voip, anyone up to say if it was broken before but it's fixed now? Maybe the patch jiggled something into place?

I can ask myself about weather...

You're not alone.

I can also ask myself if I've seen any troops nearby or if there's any campsites close.

Yeah the "Requesting Character data from server" seriously needs to be fixed. It's ruining my plans of a nice quiet zombie slaying night.

It was fine on 1.4.29 or whatever the one before 1.5 and 1.5.1 was.

can you guys help me get the latest version and how to install it

The Bandit issue isnt fixed. I'mm at about -5000 humanity and still not a bandit.

The Bandit issue isnt fixed. I'mm at about -5000 humanity and still not a bandit.

Yea the Bandit issue isn't fixed I defended myself and it didn't do crap, still a regular survivor.

I spawned with -10k humanity for no reason, it went all the way up to 1500 again, then I had to kill someguy who wasn't answering. Went down to 3000, still not a bandit.

Yeah, turning to a bandit is still broken. I'm at negative 20,000 and still a survivor skin. It's starting to irritate people who I kill because they think I'm some low-life PKer.

I've also noticed that the zombies teleport and do crazy shit more often since this patch. Before 1.5 you'd have problems with them hitting through walls because rocket coded them to have hitscan radius attacks that operate separate of zombie awareness.

(ie: regaurdless if a zombie knows you're there, being within x meters will cause a hitscan attack, and being within a closer y meters will cause that attack to hit. Hence why zombies, even being faster than you, can't hit you. It's because they run at you, then have to stop to trigger their attack, but the player gets out of that range if they're running away so they just flail at the air. Thus, if you're within x or y meters, regardless of being through anything, it will trigger the attack, and hit if close enough.)

But that I guess can't be helped. What has been happening lately is they've been able to rocket through and sandshark their way through walls and floors, smack players, then get rubber banded outside. I've even been knocked unconsious by a zombie I've killed from 10 meters away because it flew at me and landed a hitscan attack as it played its death animation.

Nothing to add, same issues as Midaychi. Add that with the 3 bullets needed to kill zeds with the " new " Makarov and the nerf of loot spawn and you get :

Superman = Zeds

90 years old man with cancer = Player

Nothing to add' date=' same issues as Midaychi. Add that with the 3 bullets needed to kill zeds with the " new " Makarov and the nerf of loot spawn and you get :

Superman = Zeds

90 years old man with cancer = Player

[/quote']

Please stop complaining about the Makarov, people.

We all know its a change from the revolver, but its a change with many benefits.

Although its 3 hits to kill a Zombie, you can get those shots off much quicker and without the massive recoil of the Revolver. Its quieter and ammo seems much more abundant. TBH, I see it as a win win.

So the VOIP is still broken even though the MOD doesn't touch the VOIP system?

In my bug report about it Rocket replied saying its an issue with Arma2 specifically, and the only way its looking it will be fixed is that if its identified, put on the dev list for the official Arma2 game, and eventually way down the road released with an actual patch for Arma2.

So tl;dr: Get used to Side chat, or ventrillo or teamspeak for a bit.

Although its 3 hits to kill a Zombie, you can get those shots off much quicker and without the massive recoil of the Revolver. Its quieter and ammo seems much more abundant. TBH, I see it as a win win.

lol no. It's a lot more difficult now to start out from the beginning. The revolver was better without a doubt. I find the Makarov next to useless. If your being chases and you have to take down multiple zombies, you blow through all your ammo, regardless if it's abundant. Revolver was cooler too. :P

Also, me and tons of people have been recently getting hung at "Waiting for server response..." and no matter how long you wait, the server doesn't respond... lol. Hope this means you guys are working on a patch, and not that the server is just down!

I like the Mak as a staring gun. The revolver was a very powerful starting gun, that could kill as Zombie if you hit it's finger tip. Now the player has to think before he shoots.

Keep it coming DevTeam!

In my bug report about it Rocket replied saying its an issue with Arma2 specifically' date=' and the only way its looking it will be fixed is that if its identified, put on the dev list for the official Arma2 game, and eventually way down the road released with an actual patch for Arma2.

[/quote']

That's not true. I was playing with a friend on a private server and we both still had @dayz in our launch settings (steam users) and direct communications was still broke. He couldn't hear me or see what I wrote in it. However, after we both took out the mod it worked perfectly fine. I think it's the mod affecting it.

In my bug report about it Rocket replied saying its an issue with Arma2 specifically' date=' and the only way its looking it will be fixed is that if its identified, put on the dev list for the official Arma2 game, and eventually way down the road released with an actual patch for Arma2.

[/quote']

That's not true. I was playing with a friend on a private server and we both still had @dayz in our launch settings (steam users) and direct communications was still broke. He couldn't hear me or see what I wrote in it. However, after we both took out the mod it worked perfectly fine. I think it's the mod affecting it.

That's VERY interesting feedback. Would you be able to send me your RPT file to dayzdevteam@gmail.com?

[/quote']

That's VERY interesting feedback. Would you be able to send me your RPT file to dayzdevteam@gmail.com?

Just sent it! :D