-Omerta-

The one thing i hate about Dayz

This game needs autorun. Holding down W for 25 minutes is not fun. This game is more MMO than FPS with it's huge open world map, and it's perfectly fine that trying to get to a specific place on foot can take half an hour, but it's not fine that you have to break your W key to do so.

I know your point. That if you run for loot in good areas only which might have a great distance between each other. I'm usually go to small loot places while moving to the big one so I don't get bored.

I believe the reasons you got bored is because you run straight to big loot places and not having fun by looting small ones. It's the sense of adventure and it's fun. But oh well, I won't debate again. Let the Devs choose the best addition to the game.

Realism survival or not, it's still a game, i'm all into immersion but there is a limit. Even post apocalyptic survival games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas with its smaller game world has autorun function and they're not MMOs( seriously i never used the autorun in the Fallout games because the world is far too small but in DayZ i felt like i need to.. hold W for 15 minutes, read a book and BANG! you're dead)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas you mentioned aren't MMOs but they have tons of MMOs features in there. Well, that's just my thought.

I think we do need an autorun or more vehicles also. It takes much to long.

WHen I die I basically do the Cherno/ Bolota then stopping at 3 towns for shopping stores while making my way to the NW airfield. It's rinse and repeat same thing every death.

need to TTFU as the aussies say

last night got bored decided to run across the map (literally) just for a change of scenery, guess what took longer then 30 minutes .. why becasue i dont like getting shot so i pay attention to stuff, this forces me to slow down and stop to check things

if your bitching that it takes 30 minutes to run to nwaf then you get shot the problem isnt the game needs an autorun button

This is why I think the devs should implement occasional zombies in the woods and uninhabitated areas. There shouldn't be any place in Chernarus where you feel safe enough to just put on the autopilot...just maybe "safer" than towns, villages and military structures. The danger should literally be everywhere ;)

• Like 1

I would like a much larger map that takes even longer to traverse.

I almost never make a straight run to anywhere either. There are always towns to poke around in, deer stands to loot, pigs and cattle to slaughter, canteens to refill, etc. etc.

No. This game needs nothing like WoW. WoW is a shitty game, and DayZ is a good game. If you put things from a shitty game into a good game, it makes the good game a shitty game. If you don't like the run, that's your fault, this games not for you.

Get off it, did you even READ what he wrote? I guess they better take out moving forwards, moving backwards and strafing, because damn if WoW doesn't have it.

ARMA2 should have had an autorun key, it's absurd not to have it.

Get a penny, hold W down, block it under S to make sure it applies pressure on W.

This. Coin in keyboard makes so much possible in so many games.

Hold down W, open steam overlay with W held in, release W, close steam overlay.

This.

No autorun, the map is small enough as it is. Personally for the final product I'm hoping for 1000sq km +, with a realistic sized city and suburbs and surrounding countryside. The fact I and everyone can run from one end to the other in 30 minutes is far too low for a sandbox roaming world, but hey, it's an alpha. I am 95% sure that the final product, whatever form it takes will not be taking place in Chernarus.

Running is too fast. Sprint should be like 100-200 meters tops depending on weight (need encumbrance system). you should only be able to run so far without having to stop for a while and rest. I am serious.

I want to see the OP travel 8 km with a backpack, rifle, pistol, hundreds of rounds of ammo, food, water, first aid, binoculars, and a hatchet, and I want to see him do it in less than a day. Then come back and whine about how hard it is to hold down a key on a computer keyboard for 30 minutes.

For those who want to know what DayZ would be like if it ACTUALLY was an MMO, just wait a bit. "The War Z" seems to fill that cliche very nicely. I've got $10 saying the game bombs and the next list of features listed in the game will be features literally ripped straight out of dayz.

http://www.pcgamer.c...llels-to-day-z/

I can't believe how identical they look, it's a shame they are probably going to murder the genre and just give plenty of ideas for dayz to steal. AKA i'd love to mow down zombies with a vehicle...gotta be able to find one first though.

Regaurdless. You run in dayz for 30+ minutes non stop, not being able to toggle it is just asinine and to be honest there really isn't a single LOGICAL or "good point" to argue against having this feature added. It's non-invasive and saying other wise is just you hating the world and anyone who doesn't worship opinions outside of rocket. It could be as simple as many of the other hotkeys. You can toggle tilt left or right by double tapping, you can toggle run/walk with double shift why not toggle run with Double W? [Yes i know Double W is Sprint while normal W is Jog, but sprint only lasts like 3 seconds until you start jogging out of breath]

Edit: Everyone above me didn't read any of the previous posts in this thread, disregaurd all their posts. Saying "No auto run the map is too small" is the dumbest argument/debate against adding this feature you can come up with. As stated in the paragraph above this, having auto run in this game causes not a single player to lose anything. It would be a hotkey to bind, nobody would force you to fucking bind it. Just because you enjoy holding down W for 30 minutes at a time or have the entire servers vehicles stacked in a corner doesn't mean everyone else wants to do the same thing.

Again, this is a fucking game. I dont hold W to walk in real life, i don't walk through fields carrying an m16 and shooting everything that moves. So whether or not your char runs at the speed of light or as fast as a fart i should be able to toggle auto run. That way if i'm going to sit for 30 minutes i can do it holding ALT and looking around while getting ready to hit the floor without worrying about taping my fingers up to avoid blisters, like a 12 hour N64 Joystick Super Smash Brothers marathon. BTW, if you guys are going to keep coming up with the dumbest reasons in the world NOT to add a single key bind i'm sure i can come up with 1,000 good reasons supporting it for each dumb reason you came up against it.,,So i repeat, again...it's a KEYBIND, the idea is not to add 25 kill streak nukes, you kids sound like a bunch of vanilla wow mongrels or the entire Diablo 3 forums nostalgia circle jerk hate machine.

Off-topic: Has anyone else noticed weird movement that happens after you try to come to a stop when running? Like if you were to step left mid sprint your guy does some weird double side step? It's kinda like the sprint to prone animation except you push A or D.

Edited by -Omerta-

For those who want to know what DayZ would be like if it ACTUALLY was an MMO, just wait a bit. "The War Z" seems to fill that cliche very nicely. I've got $10 saying the game bombs and the next list of features listed in the game will be features literally ripped straight out of dayz.

i think the interview where they talk about taking inspiration from dayz's popularity about 10 seconds before they talk about having perma death amused me

awesome board meating... hey guys ive got some suggestions for the game, you know how we were going for a basic f2p mmorpg with zombies.. well i found this game called dayz ... lets make this the same game but with an economy, but wont anyone notice? .. your right lets put it on a 4 hour day/night cycle that will hide the truth, and dayz is so popular we can actually charge people for it!! ... *sigh*

Love my Logitech G19 keyboard. Got a script setup with the Game Profiles manager that I can hit the G1 key and it will "hold down" the forward key for me, hit G2 and it releases it. So now I have auto-run for when I need it. For others who don't have a G19/G15 keyboard there are a ton of free macro/hotkey programs out there.

This is why I think the devs should implement occasional zombies in the woods and uninhabitated areas. There shouldn't be any place in Chernarus where you feel safe enough to just put on the autopilot...just maybe "safer" than towns, villages and military structures. The danger should literally be everywhere

I agree. Woods are just too freakin safe that people want to autorun.

I'd rather have a fatigue system and sprinting is only possible over a certain amount of time. Then the map would suddenly get bigger :)