Sign in to follow this  
DesertEagle (DayZ)

Additional maps

IMHO huge part of gameplay of this mod is exploring. So Chernorus will become know after some time. My suggestion - include some community made maps in addon,that will bring diversity ( for ex Namalsk would perfectly fit this atmosphere ). They can be switched on each server for each map, or cycle them on all servers.

Sorry but unless they get several more servers to host alternative map choices or we all vote for a specific map the current map has to remain persistent and cannot be cycled, why not?

Because some of us are in groups, and have established camps with tents that are stocked with our supplies, if the map cycled over we'd lose everything each time, and as I see it they are trying to make the game more persistent with players establishing long-term plans instead of just hopping on playing couple of hours then dying.

If I remember correctly, I heard that the Standalone version of DayZ will have new islands such as Namalsk, Taviana, and potentially other community-developed maps as well.

If I remember correctly, I heard that the Standalone version of DayZ will have new islands such as Namalsk, Taviana, and potentially other community-developed maps as well.

First they should learn how to walk before they try to run...

• Like 1

Where is Taviana and Namalsk in the world?

I'd love it if you could go by boat or plane over the space of about ten mins.

I still don't know why people love Taviana so much. Besides, I doubt those islands are close to Chernarus.

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

I have no idea if this map is real or anything! But hey, it's good looking.

Let them get the SA sorted and fully released before any other maps are included.

Utes is included in the SA though.

• Like 1

Let them get the SA sorted and fully released before any other maps are included.

Utes is included in the SA though.

And will be awesome to cruise on over to.

Good god people, Taviana and Namalsk are completely non-canon islands and aren't in any way related to the official games of Arma nor DayZ. Those maps were user-made and converted to DayZ a while after they were created. 

They may eventually create new locations, but I doubt they will use anything that's already been made and they will probably create a new environment.

Where is Taviana and Namalsk in the world?

I'd love it if you could go by boat or plane over the space of about ten mins.

Having a major point of interest that almost no one gets access to would be a waste of time to create. Even on servers with large amounts of players, the biggest concentration of them is going to remain on the Chernarussian mainland and only groups traveling to its' outlying islands. If they were really going to add a whole new area, they may as well just make it as a separate map entirely.

I'd rather them just expound upon Chernarus rather than make a new map anyway. I'd love to see Novigrad, their actual capital. That would probably be a medium sized city of about 80,000-100,000 people rather than Chernogorsk which supports around 10,000-15,000 people.

Edited by Chaingunfighter