thec1aw

What's the point?

Every night i livestream DayZ, while trying to promote the game and help new players etc. Every single night, every single server i join, there are always hackers. Either they are spawning helicopters and such, or like tonight someone spawned on the coast with as50, nvg, range, gps, coyote, etc etc. with 2 extra coyotes just laying on the ground beside him. Do you guys think the development team are doing anything about it? What is the point of reporting people on here? For every one hacker that is reported or maybe actually banned, 20 others replace him. I guess im just venting some frustration, but its really getting hard to play this game anymore. Please guys, make a attempt to thwart hackers FFS. Its getting out of hand.

• Like 1

need to allow active admins to actually do there job, rather than putting restrictions on them about kicking and banning...

• Like 1

EU servers were used to be cool. I came across so many cheaters last week. I used to read "hacker @ us ... server" in forums. amazing things like "we are nuked", "ppl spawning jets" etc.. but now eu servers are the same. Theres no point left for me to play anymore. cheaters killing the vibe.

Edited by hazedaze
  • Like 1

EU servers were used to be cool. I came across so many cheaters last week. I used to read "hacker @ us ... server" in forums. amazing things like "we are nuked", "ppl spawning jets" etc.. but now eu servers are the same. Theres no point left for me to play anymore. cheaters killing the vibe.

couldnt agree more. Me and a friend were having a epic battle against a group of 4 when a hacker teleported right in front of me with god mode on, taking my bullets like a boss and kills me. He then teleports to my friend, invisible, and says "sup bro" in direct coms. My buddy got out alive, but it just ruined the vibe completely. Maybe a standalone version of the game is our only hope?

Agreed. And according to Rocket's live stream today, he has plns to stop Alt F4ing. I have never alt F4ed in my life, cross my heart. Even when a cheater attacked. I would alt tab, turn on fraps and report, thinking it would do some good. But no. Most servers don't have active admin. And I am now considering alt f4ing when a god mode hatchet rat bastard teleports on top of me... if Rocket gets rid of that, the cheaters will be raping even harder then they are now. Priorities?

i can deal with D/C's, but when so many public hacks are available to where any 15 year old can use them there really is no point in playing honest anymore.

Ofcourse, extra to this immediate problem, a bigger problem is even when you get killed, and the person isn't hacking, theres always that thought in the back of your mind that he is. Hence the amounts of posts of here saying such and such hacks. When hacking is so prevalent in game, it makes for a very paranoid community. It certainly needs sorting, but i suspect its going to be difficult!

I've not yet come across a single hacker, really. Besides maybe yesterday, when I was banned from 2 servers under the same network. (But, I was unbanned the same night, WITHOUT making a topic complaining about it!)

I think all Rocket and the DayZ team can do is allow admins to kick/ban people. It's been not allowed because of the amount of server admins kicking/banning people to keep their server just for their friends (Because locking your server is not allowed either.)

Other than that, you should complain to BattleEye about the rampant hacking.

http://www.battleye.com/

I think all Rocket and the DayZ team can do is allow admins to kick/ban people. It's been not allowed because of the amount of server admins kicking/banning people to keep their server just for their friends (Because locking your server is not allowed either.)

At this point, server admins kicking/banning people to expedite their farming is the lesser of two evils. That is more easily controlled through staff monitoring of legitimate complaints coming from players with regards to server admins. A simple blacklisting of servers with abusive admins is much easier and cleaner than the current system...by a mile and a half.

Edited by deathTouch

the server admin came over global and told us there were hackers on the server, even though everyones battle eye was verified. He saw a Huey over Nadazino. So obviously the bypasses are masking their BI client to the admins. No way to detect everyone. Its really a lost cause. I just have this feeling like Rocket is somewhere right now working on sheep animations lol.

People get bored and annoyed -> start hacking

DC, Hopper, Bugs, no content improvement, etc.

TheC1aw, keep patience, mate. Be strong. We'll survive this. Rocket is disturbed by hacking and fully aware of this problem. They are preparing something, some solution, I know. Have you noticed Rocket is silent on forums for about two weeks. No updates, nothing. this means the only thing - he is working his ass off to make DayZ better. Just wait for some huge update or at least announcement of something big. Another point here, DayZ is going to be standalone game by the end of the Year and hackers afre f****d up. Know why? Because now ingame scripts are not binarzied and hackers just inject their own scripts to the open memory. They need pointers to player entity to hack DayZ. Every beta patch the entity pointer changes and they need to find it again. If rocket gets access to the game engine for standalone game, he would binarize the core DayZ code and this foolish inject will be waaay more difficult.

Patience. Hope. And we'll survive.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 4

I gave up with public servers and joined a private hive.

Private hive was down so I joined a public server (which i havent played on for 2 weeks) and within 10 mins everybody died from a hacker.

So i agree public servers are pointless playing on. At least on a private server the admin can just rollback the database a few hours so hackers cant affect your character.

Sadly, but I must admit that Rocket needs serious help from BIS or elsewhere asap. Rocket must have a good team of developers and PR team to quicken thing up. It's time to hire and enhance DayZ development. Every effort will be paid off later. DayZ has enormous fan count. The next and better standalone DayZ must and will be revolutioanry and invincible, and the sooner the better, because WarZ, WeekZ, FightZ, ShitZ, CrapZ, BullshitZ and others will feast upon DayZ success by FAST releases of BAD content of distorted DayZ concepts.

There are many Active Admins except Rocket is limiting us to the point that we can only kick with the main ingame console nothing else, we cant even ban from there, as admins we should get some sort of way to find hackers... a hack against hackers... but yea seems like a lot of admins did abuse their power, and he does not trust anyone else with doing this

<_<

Just to throw it out there, Rocket is not the one designing Battleeye. And since Arma 2, the game days is build on, all he can really do is hope for battleeye getting updated. IF he could take more action, I bet he would. But at the moment, he can't really touch the anti hacking mechanics.

Just to throw it out there, Rocket is not the one designing Battleeye. And since Arma 2, the game days is build on, all he can really do is hope for battleeye getting updated. IF he could take more action, I bet he would. But at the moment, he can't really touch the anti hacking mechanics.

It's not only the battle eye. I am a big fan of bc2. probably the only game I've played 1000 hours. It was great at first when released. No cheating, great teamplay - awesome matches. Then suddenly it was so popular and gameplay turned into shit / cheaters were everywhere. BF3 came out, I dissed that game cuz of origin, then bc2 made a u turn and become awesome again as ppl turned to bf3. I started to enjoy bc2 again no cheaters, no sniping noobs - pure teamplay. Its inevitable to have so many cheaters in dayz right now. similar noobs joining arma II servers and destroying base, teamkilling, blowing up everything with tanks when theres no admin.. But at some point the useless cow ppl follow another title and cheating will decrese I hope.

Edited by hazedaze

I'm quite unsure why this is so hard to understand:

ROCKET + TEAM DO NOT DESIGN THE ANTI-CHEAT, NOR DO THEY HAVE ANY HAND IN IT WHATSOEVER.

yup, died for the 5th straight day from teleporting invisible hackers. im officially done with this game until the dev team starts taking it serioiusly. That or ill wait for the standalone. Its a shame because this is probably my favorite mod/game of all time

• Like 1

death of the game to hacking

remember counter strike?

Edited by GunzBlazin

Agreed. And according to Rocket's live stream today, he has plns to stop Alt F4ing. I have never alt F4ed in my life, cross my heart. Even when a cheater attacked. I would alt tab, turn on fraps and report, thinking it would do some good. But no. Most servers don't have active admin. And I am now considering alt f4ing when a god mode hatchet rat bastard teleports on top of me... if Rocket gets rid of that, the cheaters will be raping even harder then they are now. Priorities?

This is a very important point he made right there guys. Seriously i see the problem with people ALT+F4 to save they're lives, but to save yourself from hackers is a valuable tool.

Last night a hacker was teleporting every player to the airfield and killing them off, when i was loading in i read the chat "F hackers" so i managed to alt+f4 soon as i spawned and saved my life.

So Rocket if you are reading this, please do not remove disconnects before hackers have been removed.

You are not the only one bro, there are hundreds of streamers that stumble upon hackers.

e.g. Yesterday I was playing with my friends and we heard someone open up a soda can, it wasn't us, so we went outside to check and the Admin teleported to us wearing camo, a red beret and an AKM. He started shooting and spawnign stuff so we just left.

If Rocket doesn't get a better protection against script kiddos and whatnot...than we are fu**ed!

Fuck fixing the ALt-F4

Dc's pale by comparison to all the hacking going on killing and grieving everyone.

"I mean fix Alt-F4" but fuck... the problem at hand is the flood of hacking.