forte (DayZ)

Holster pistol

I think for this particular mod these rules should be applied to handling weapons:

All weapons are lowered by default

There is no separate command to raise weapon

Weapon gets autoraised as soon as you squeeze the trigger and start shooting from the hip

Weapon gets autoraised when you ADS (Aim Down Sights)

So basically if you see someone raising their gun' date=' you are free to shoot them back.

[/quote']

I think that's a very good idea, at least you have that second or so to see their intention and react. at the moment you're better off just shooting on sight as trusting is very dangerous.

I don't think weapons should be holstered by default but it should affect your stamina if you have your arms raised up like that for hours.

Press G, instant pistol up, you CAN walk around with the gear menu up. It's not super effective, but it works until a better fix is in place.

Isnt that what double tapping Left Ctrl does?

I usually Salute as a sign of friendliness.

It's implementation shouldn't have any negative impact on gameplay.

Therefore I'm all for it.

I salute or shoot why is this an important thread?

Because it is in hopes that this mod will become something more than it currently is (heck these suggestions could go into DayZ the game someday!) with more ways of identifying someone as friendly, to prevent friendly on friendly violence accidents. Salute is all well and good, but it doesn't put your weapon out of my face to let me know you don't intend to shoot after that salute.

This is a small way of giving people other options, plus if someone approaches you holstered, you're much less likely to shoot them (unless you already intended to) than if they run up to you, gun raised, to throw up a salute. They'd probably be dead before they even reached you lol.

Until then you can just open your inventory with G , and then close it. When you do this your player keeps his pistols in a upward position until you click or go prone.