floomoo

NZ 20 - Nuked Twice in an Hour - Details Inside

** NOTE! THIS IS A REPOST IN THE GENERAL AREA SO PERHAPS A DEV ACTUALLY PICKS THIS UP, IT IS POSTED IN BUG REPORTS ALSO**

Hey guys.

Playing on server NZ 20 and the server in the past hour has been nuked twice. First time I had good shit, second time not so much obviously.

Here's the specifics...

• Server name (exact): DayZ- NZ 20 (v1.7.2.3/95054) [MAXPING:100][VETERAN][uTC+8] dayzmod.com - Hosted by ON3 Network
  • Date: 20/07/2012
  • Time (New Zealand Local - GMT+12): First Nuke - Between 6:45pm and 6:50pm, Second Nuke - Exactly an hour later
  • Description of Nuke: Basically killed all players in the server at the same time. Kill feed was full, all players reported dying.
  • How I felt: Fucking pissed. Pretty sure I still have a vein sticking out of my head.

If anyone from the Dev team sees this, please, look into it. Even if anyone else who can actually do something else about this issue reads, please help.

Nuking is becoming more common, and it is one royal way of putting me off playing this game.

Cheers guys,

Andy

• Like 2

** NOTE! THIS IS A REPOST IN THE GENERAL AREA SO PERHAPS A DEV ACTUALLY PICKS THIS UP, IT IS POSTED IN BUG REPORTS ALSO**

Hey guys.

Playing on server NZ 20 and the server in the past hour has been nuked twice. First time I had good shit, second time not so much obviously.

Here's the specifics...

• Server name (exact): DayZ- NZ 20 (v1.7.2.3/95054) [MAXPING:100][VETERAN][uTC+8] dayzmod.com - Hosted by ON3 Network
  • Date: 20/07/2012
  • Time (New Zealand Local - GMT+12): First Nuke - Between 6:45pm and 6:50pm, Second Nuke - Exactly an hour later
  • Description of Nuke: Basically killed all players in the server at the same time. Kill feed was full, all players reported dying.
  • How I felt: Fucking pissed. Pretty sure I still have a vein sticking out of my head.

If anyone from the Dev team sees this, please, look into it. Even if anyone else who can actually do something else about this issue reads, please help.

Nuking is becoming more common, and it is one royal way of putting me off playing this game.

Cheers guys,

Andy

I hate to say this and I hate everyone else who says it too but; this is in alpha.

Until things are polished, hackers aren't the biggest problem right now. Speak to the admin of the server about it - join another server, do something for yourself instead of whining at the Dev team. It obviously doesn't work so why do people keep trying?

Moral of the story; Try again.

-MONSTER

Edited by M O N S T E R

I hate to say this and I hate everyone else who says it too but; this is in alpha.

Until things are polished, hackers aren't the biggest problem right now. Speak to the admin of the server about it - join another server, do something for yourself instead of whining at the Dev team. It obviously doesn't work so why do people keep trying?

-MONSTER

Hackers can be on any server at any time because admins do not have the power to ban said hackers, and hacks are continuously being upgraded to circumvent detection by BE.

What needs to be done is:

1) Move past the stage of denial surrounding whether or not hacks are becoming increasingly the "norm" on servers;

2) Accept the current ARMA II/Dayz coding architecture allows for hacks and that BE cannot adequately protect the general public from said hackers;

3) Allow server admins to police their own servers so that the community can have a percentage of servers that alpha testers can be assured are as hack-free as possible.

Edited by deathTouch
  • Like 1

No way, that was not a hacker, everyone died by running over some dangerous tree roots. There are not hackers in DayZ.

• Like 1

-MONSTER

Is BattleEye in alpha too? didnt noticed

• Like 1

Hacking cannot be stopped in DayZ or in Arma, so get used to it.

Cancer can't be cured.

We don't tell patients to "get used to it" and ignore the problem, we instead give them their best option(s) for treatment to improve their quality of life as much as possible.

Ignoring this problem in Dayz is not a solution. Allowing server admins to police their own servers is a solution that will help combat cheaters.

Edited by deathTouch

Cancer can't be cured.

We don't tell patients to "get used to it" and ignore the problem, we instead give them their best option(s) for treatment to improve their quality of life as much as possible.

Ignoring this problem in Dayz is not a solution. Allowing server admins to police their own servers is a solution that will help combat cheaters.

Been saying this for a while. And it's the only thing that has me on the fence about purchasing a 40 slot server. I'm most likely still going to do it, but to be honest it's going to take a lot of persuasion from the higher ups to keep me from banning a hacker in my server if I catch his tag. Blacklist be damned, I'm not going to let some neckbeard punkass ruin the time of the legitimate players who call my server home. Fuck that.

• Like 3

Been saying this for a while. And it's the only thing that has me on the fence about purchasing a 40 slot server. I'm most likely still going to do it, but to be honest it's going to take a lot of persuasion from the higher ups to keep me from banning a hacker in my server if I catch his tag. Blacklist be damned, I'm not going to let some neckbeard punkass ruin the time of the legitimate players who call my server home. Fuck that.

Now that's the kind of server I'd pay to play on. Pretty stupid that you have to risk blacklisting your server just to combat cheating at this point.

Edited by deathTouch

Unfortuantely, i've just been made aware, as you all will be soon, that a new undetecable hack has been leaked to the public.

You will see Nuking a whole lot more now.

Yesterday i've opened a thread that talks about this, and I asked there to let admins protect their servers allowing only certain IDs to log into the server. (Anyone that has played GTA SA knows about what im talking about).

But people didnt like it, mostly because everyone glitches and disconnects and they dont wanna remain only with more glithers/disconnecters/hackers in servers.

I don't think cheaters are as rampant as you could think. Sure there are some around, no doubt.

I like the persistent server system, but why not make characters stick to one server? You could have one on server #1, or while #1 is full you could play character two on server #2.

I'd imagine this would help the ability of server admins being able to police against hackers... ban their asses and whatnot.

Last day we killed few hackers with thermal scoped AS50. They got back in a minute in greater numbers and started pure onslaught in Cherno. But frankly I’m bored and see no use to protest anymore. Nobody cares, why bother? I can't even kick or ban them. I need to have proof that they spoiled my game. Their credit card number, their mothers middle name and of course a hackers blood sample.

will describe my position perfectly. Edited by Jimmy Rustlers

I understand this is an alpha. I understand that most of you don't care perhaps about it. But don't be a troll-dick either.

I didn't post it to whine or complain. I posted it so someone could perhaps help. That's all.

It's not just NZ 20. Nearly every AU/ANZ/NZ server yesterday was hacked in some way. Saw more choppers and vehicles running about than you'd expect to see ingame in a month in less than 5hrs. This trend continued into nearly EVERY US server I tried. Not many US servers are up to the 1.62.95170 or newer patch (my version) so that limited the testing, however nearly all on that patch were suffering hacks being used too.

The problem is currently endemic to the game and is something that needs addressing asap. The thing is Battleye was a good protection while ArmA 2 wasn't in the limelight with all and sundry playing it. With it's new found popularity along come those who feel the need to destroy as well as those who just want to enjoy. The former just destroy it for the latter which is just unfortunate. Maybe Rockstar's method of only allowing hackers to join hacked servers is a good idea...

• Like 1

I understand this is an alpha. I understand that most of you don't care perhaps about it. But don't be a troll-dick either.

I didn't post it to whine or complain. I posted it so someone could perhaps help. That's all.

Well you helped me by letting me know not to join them so thank you :-)

It's not just NZ 20. Nearly every AU/ANZ/NZ server yesterday was hacked in some way. Saw more choppers and vehicles running about than you'd expect to see ingame in a month in less than 5hrs. This trend continued into nearly EVERY US server I tried. Not many US servers are up to the 1.62.95170 or newer patch (my version) so that limited the testing, however nearly all on that patch were suffering hacks being used too.

The problem is currently endemic to the game and is something that needs addressing asap. The thing is Battleye was a good protection while ArmA 2 wasn't in the limelight with all and sundry playing it. With it's new found popularity along come those who feel the need to destroy as well as those who just want to enjoy. The former just destroy it for the latter which is just unfortunate. Maybe Rockstar's method of only allowing hackers to join hacked servers is a good idea...

I guess half the issue dude is exactly what you said. BattleEye was good when real men played Arma 2 and the little brats played CoD. Now due to the popularity of this mod those idiots are now coming here and hacking their pants off.

I hope the hackers are targeted soon on the list of things to do, because right now it sucks having hackers dicking me over every which way all the time.

Edited by floomoo NZ

Cancer can't be cured.

Not necessarily true. The big hacks will stand out in the logs but the smaller hacks wont. Allowing pissy admins to ban everyone on the server in the hopes of catching one hacker is not a solution and the hacks wont stop until they change engines or do some serious overhauls to the arma engine. Letting everyone whitelist their servers will crush the community and break one of the major core features of the game.

The cheap and quick fixes are not the best solutions. Something will get worked out. Until then, we have to deal with morons and their nukes or not play. You guys shouldn't be getting attached to your gear or stashes anyway. Just enjoy the game and see what it has to offer. You guys should also try not to create whiny threads that only feed the hackers joy.

That said, I have been seeing some weird servers that make me think some admins are actively trying to combat most of the cheats but this takes serious dedication and reading extremely long logs. Not everyone who ponies up 60 bucks for a server is going to do that.

Edited by Super67_