dierampe

Do you like to sniper, Why?

I never took a sniper weapon yet in DayZ, I dont know really why. Killing zombies over long Distance makes no sense to me, Just avoid it. Killing Players on long distance may sound great, but why should I do this? To loot him I have to go near the action and then I dont even have a Assault rifle for close combat if zombies or others Players appear. So, why do you people out there like snipering? Is it just for fun?

Counter sniping is why I do it, i'm here to protect my buddies on those juicy juicy loot runs into NW airfield

Counter sniping is why I do it, i'm here to protect my buddies on those juicy juicy loot runs into NW airfield

Ok. that may be a point. But makes only sense in groups I think.

Yeah, for this sniping only makes a lot of sense in groups. Either to be a lookout/initiator while the raid team cleans up, or counter sniping as previously mentioned.

And of course, as long as FPS's exist, there will always be people that play nothing but sniper, for no good reason. TF2 is a wonderful example of this, if you've ever experienced this.

Yeah, for this sniping only makes a lot of sense in groups. Either to be a lookout/initiator while the raid team cleans up, or counter sniping as previously mentioned.

And of course, as long as FPS's exist, there will always be people that play nothing but sniper, for no good reason. TF2 is a wonderful example of this, if you've ever experienced this.

And I'm yet to play against a good sniper in TF2

And I'm yet to play against a good sniper in TF2

You'd think with 5 to a team one of them would be halfway decent, but nope. What's even more hilarious is CoD players going to TF2 and running around on the frontlines with a sniper using SMG.

Do you like to sniper, Why?

Because i love to lay arround in the world and kill at long range without beeing seen :D

I usualy play in a group of 5 and protect my mates out of the sight from possible enemys and killing them before they reach my mates.

Thats pure fun for me :P also i love to see them panic running arround if i shoot near them <3

Edited by Elysium

I use it because I can't hit shit with the iron sights.

I need a scope of some sort.

Plus on the fact that snipers, GENERALLY, do higher damage, it means I can kill an enemy quickly.

PlusPlus - Sniper battles are amazing.

Its all about the lookout/overwatch..you just dont have the same feeling of protection if the guy on lookout only has a pair of binocs and a rifle. Other than that I cant see a point of going through town carrying a small tree on your back for all to see, unless you have some mean as sidearm like a PDW or a revolver or something.

I never took a sniper weapon yet in DayZ, I dont know really why. Killing zombies over long Distance makes no sense to me, Just avoid it. Killing Players on long distance may sound great, but why should I do this? To loot him I have to go near the action and then I dont even have a Assault rifle for close combat if zombies or others Players appear. So, why do you people out there like snipering? Is it just for fun?

you can carry more than 1 weapon you kno if you have a big enough backpack? :P ive only been playing about 12-15 hours and on like my first life where ive lasted more than 1 day. i was lucky enough to find an m24 in a deer stand and then an ak-74 in another 1. i have one in my backpack whilst i am using the other, so now im set for any situation xD

I do like sniper.

Currently a l33t sn!p3r up north of the map with my Ghillie Suit, SVD Camo & M16A4 ACOG backup.

I dont see problem to carry secondary assault rifle in your backpack, well at leasts thats what I do. Thermal in hands, revolver for zombies and As50/m107 for sniping in backpack when needed, very nice combo.

Snipers are made more to kill people imo, i mean, the good snipers( bar SVD) have an aggro range of 455M. To me it seems a bit risky/waste fo ammo to use em vs zombies.

I just gotten my hands on an M107 and i use it to snipe people in elekro ( i'm not THAT MUCH of an asshole that i snipe unarmed players tho, i might even help them if they're getting raped by zombies and i have a clear shot).

Its just insanely fun to do, i play BF3 but the satisfaction u get from sniping a player in DayZ is so much higher. If you really wanna be a bandit its the only relatively safe way to do it, go as far as possible, and kill people at 800M, its impossible for enemies to see u at that range without having a scope themselves, hell i can't even see the city when not zoomed in.

Boobies.

-MONSTER

This.

Sniper's main reason is PvP. I use it for PvP and to cover my mates looting.

Edited by EnermaX

Any weapon without a scope does not have an effective range of greater than 200m

With the exception of the FN FAL...

I use my DMR for the most part in PVP. Excellent at engaging players at mid to long range.

Killing zombies I use my Revolver.

Any weapon without a scope does not have an effective range of greater than 200m

I use my DMR for the most part in PVP. Excellent at engaging players at mid to long range.

Lee Enfield gobbles up and spits out people from 500 yards all day long.

But yeah as others have said, M107 for overwatch and killing hard targets (Vehicles) - also it's not so bad firing it from the hip when needed in a pinch :D

I got the FN FAL at the moment for the first time. I made a few shots on zombies at 320 m range just to get a feeling for the weapon. And I love this weapon hits perfectly on this range.

I love the "because pvp" answer or the "I just love sniping but not, you know, unarmed people".

You're at a range where you are extremely difficult to see and you are one shouting people and thinking you are good at player versus player.

Where is the "versus"?

You don't shoot unarmed people? Right because that guy with a gun has a chance to defend himself when you shoot him in the head and instantly kill him from 600m?

Face it, leet snipers. You like killing other people's characters, and you like doing it because there is very little risk. It's cowardly.

If you want to pvp, get down there and get in range and let people at least have a shot at defending themselves.

And if you play on a server with name tags on, double shame.

I've been lucky, I've only been sniped once, right at spawn, back in mid-May.

I dont care any more that sniper rifles are in game, and I don't want them removed, but I rail at some of these lame cover ups for what amounts to getting a chuckle at killing someone when they have no chance to defend themselves.

I love the "because pvp" answer or the "I just love sniping but not, you know, unarmed people".

You're at a range where you are extremely difficult to see and you are one shouting people and thinking you are good at player versus player.

Where is the "versus"?

You don't shoot unarmed people? Right because that guy with a gun has a chance to defend himself when you shoot him in the head and instantly kill him from 600m?

Face it, leet snipers. You like killing other people's characters, and you like doing it because there is very little risk. It's cowardly.

If you want to pvp, get down there and get in range and let people at least have a shot at defending themselves.

And if you play on a server with name tags on, double shame.

I've been lucky, I've only been sniped once, right at spawn, back in mid-May.

I dont care any more that sniper rifles are in game, and I don't want them removed, but I rail at some of these lame cover ups for what amounts to getting a chuckle at killing someone when they have no chance to defend themselves.

90% of the time whoever see's who first wins.

And player nametags are not that much of an advantage on regular servers as to it's mechanics. I'm not going to defend it and say there is nothing wrong with it (It's there to be abused and I don't care less either way)

98%of the time I spot a player visually, or any zombies they have spawned before I see their name tag. But I really only use it for identifying freindly's in my group, otherwise I would have killed allot more poeple in my group than i have already :D

I have no shame, I'd rather not die of bleeding out at 500 blood a sec on an expert/veteran server or end up shooting my group because I could not identify them fast enough. (I am in a group of 15 players, we often run around in seperate groups on separate TS channels and have run into each other multiple times.

As written in OP I have never used a sniper weapon yet. So i have no idea which one is good. What weapon would you recommend to a sniper noob to get comfortable with sniping?

It's fun. I used my Lee Enfield to snipe people in Cherno. I got 7 murders before an admin hacked his way up to us.

Agree'd. Groups is the only logic reason I can see to sniping. (Unless you're just really bored of the game.)

the ability to take down potential threats from distance with not much chance of return fire, if your doing it right you have a reasonable good idea if they have buddies with them(you cant be 100% certain) but thats why you carry a backup assault rifle for close in work as well

my usual enguagments are around 250-600 meters so an assault rifle just doesnt cut it, also i can go nice places like starry hide in bushes wait till someone else starts sniping then counter snipe, not to save mr x in the tents but becasue they have the same taste as me so theres a high probability they have stuff i want, at the moment im just running with a DMR (prefer m24) but DMR is night vision goggleable, and im spending more and more time flitting about like naughty bad man in the night raiding tents camps and taking advantage of my lucky find (nvg's)