Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

why does everyone hate tthe idea of duel weapons

I have fired dual 9mm barettas, it was extremely fun, and I missed the target entirely. You cannot hit anything with a pistol unless you look down the sight, dual wielding prevents this, unless you alternate the pistols and resight, which wastes time.

Dual pistols would never be used in a survival situation.

Another post that if I facepalmed any harder my children would be born with broken noses

Duel wielding pistols isn't a real thing. *

* This isn't the wild west.

you don't watch the news much. i see surveillance footage of dual wielding of chrome 9mm fairly regularly

you don't watch the news much. i see surveillance footage of dual wielding of chrome 9mm fairly regularly

oh its physically possible, but science says you are more likely to get stuck by lightning while kicking the lock ness monster in the balls than to hit a man sized target playing "street thugz" with two pistols.

• Like 1

When I saw this topic I immediately thought of dual wielding hatchets and expected to see 'GTFO Nerd' comments.

This is a hardcore military simulator ...

Now please tell me, and provide proof, where have you ever seen a Military personel dual wielding ? ("FPSRussia" is not valide proof)

It's only in films that you see this shit, and if I was to try, I would not use anything above 9mm.

It's BS, and only BS games such as CoD implement and support it ... for the pleasure of a brainless/brainwashed generation.

Why not also ask for Airstrikes and a MOAB ... since ur at it.

I don't want to seem like a rage monkey, but honnestly ... get some BrainZ.

Edited by P5ykoOHD

This is a hardcore military simulator ...

Now please tell me, and provide proof, where have you ever seen a Military personel dual wielding ? ("FPSRussia" is not valide proof)

vK8p1.jpg

This idiot did. It is possible, its just utilized by two types of people;

• Idiots
  • Codplayers.

How about its not reasonable for the same reason I don't sit here and type with one keyboard per hand....I'm sorry....but i have to ask. Are you retarded?

you can shoot at multiple oponants at the same time lets say if one is to your top right and the other your top left you can shoot both

Do you use two mouses? I don't see how you would be able to pull that off.

FYI, this is a survival sim. Nobody in their right mind would dual wield, you need to take out your enemy quickly and efficiently with a well placed shot. Dual wielding is hell on accuracy, you need both hands to properly fire a pistol.

Edited by Jaime

ok well i cant remember where but i have read once or twice on these forums people sugesting duel weapons and in no time everyone on the forum seams to transform into 28 days later infected full of rage screaming/capslocking GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

but seriously why do people hate the idea of using dual weapons i think they can be very usefull in some situations

here is my tally for the reasons why you might duel weild pistols or small smgs

pros

the chances of both guns jaming at the same time would be very low

you can shoot at multiple oponants at the same time lets say if one is to your top right and the other your top left you can shoot both

this is a extenion of the last pro if you have two guns then if your in a standoff situation you are nearly as usefull as two people

your rate of fire doubles with two guns

your ammo capcility doubles aswell

you can use diferent guns in each hand

you could use diferent ammo types ine ach one for example armour piercing for zombies hollow point for humans

cons

duel wielding lowers your acuracy and range so its mainly a close range weapon like a shotgun

you have to hold two guns instead of one if they are heavy it could be tiring

reloading could take a little longer

you wouldent have a free hand to open doors interact with objects etc

i think overall the pros outweigh the cons for close range ingagments anyway but i would like people to give there opinions on it

Well, with those pros it kinda does sound like you want something cod'ish...

I'm sure he actually meant duel weapons and duels. Would make the PvP much more interesting.

You meet a pesky bandit at a grocery store and get in a verbal brawl with him over the last can of beans. You'd had enough and throw down the gauntlet and call it a duel.

You can't just put a piece of makarov in his ass because of the gentlemans code, so you agree to meet him at the Devil's castle courtyard at dawn.

Back to back, under a third-party supervision, with single shot enfield and a crowbar, you take ten steps and turn to shoot. If you DC, you'll reincarnate as a goat.

• Like 2

dual don't work even with a .22, semi, try with two FN FAL in real life, and... well i bet you don't come back

I'm sure he actually meant duel weapons and duels. Would make the PvP much more interesting.

You meet a pesky bandit at a grocery store and get in a verbal brawl with him over the last can of beans. You'd had enough and throw down the gauntlet and call it a duel.

You can't just put a piece of makarov in his ass because of the gentlemans code, so you agree to meet him at the Devil's castle courtyard at dawn.

Back to back, under a third-party supervision, with single shot enfield and a crowbar, you take ten steps and turn to shoot. If you DC, you'll reincarnate as a goat.

Would be cool if you could smack a player in the face with a glove and call him out for a duel. ;)

Would be cool if you could smack a player in the face with a glove and call him out for a duel. ;)

But first you have to find and loot a glove.

you need both hands to properly fire a pistol.

A century of competition pistol shooting would disagree with that. The two-handed grip is something relatively recent. Before that, proper shooting technique only used one hand, and in the Olympics competitions, it still does.

Obviously, with only the strong hand involved, so no dual wielding.