ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

The option to carry your buddy if he is hurt. Maybe on a strecher or you own back.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but a fuel truck would be neat too; Making it like the VS3 initially only a super rare spawn. But the more fuel that loaded into it inside its storage tank causes slower accelleration and a lower top speed which declines more based on how full the storage tank is on it; also making it highly vulnerable to gunfire.

I also like the idea of the train; only I think we should incorperate a railsystem into the game and have maybe 2 or 3 locamotives per map? And maybe a few railroad hand cars? That way players who decide to try and utilize them will not only have to keep tabs on other players being a threat around them but also making them stay aware of other traffic on the railroad tracks. Even though the winner of Locamotive vs hand car collision is pretty obvious it would cause a certain level of damage to it and potentially causing the train to derail depending on what kind of condition its in. (This would be based on the physical condition as well as how well the train is being maintained). Railroad switches would have to be a must. And since in real life hitting the brakes on a moving train take a very long time for it to stop, not to mention the screeching noise of the metal train wheels braking on the tracks is very very loud; Players would have to take teh time to hit the breaks far enough away from the switch to cause the train to come to a stop before the switch. Then if they overshoot it they have to back the train up. Railroad switches would make for excellent ambush spots and the noise would cause added attention.

http://upload.wikime...ulu_Finland.jpg

What if the weapon spawns were the result of military air ship drops and were completely random. This way people would actually have to search the map for the good loot, instead of all heading to the exact same places.

Just an idea.

• Like 1

I'd like to see:

- Zombies grappling players, causin them to slow down and fight them off, perhaps with a QTE.

- Injury system that restricts certain movement such as moving fast, and you are visually limping/wounded

- Infection system where if a zombie bites you, you have to keep your infection from taking over with antibiotics or a fictional, rare-to-find vaccine

- Verticle exploration and manuevering. Meaning you are able to climb over walls/higher ledges to access higher areas

- Player interaction. If my team mate is injured (broken leg, low health etc), I can shoulder hug them to move faster. If there is a high ledge I can't climb, I should be able to boost my team mate up, then he can pull me up

- More interesting environments, such as subways, snowy mountains, highway overpasses, etc.

- Underwater exploration. I hope they keep this from arma 3. I can imagine caves only enterable from swimming would be good settlement zones

• Like 3

Rangers

Player spawns with L85AWS

Cannot damage survivors, damages zeds and bandits only.

Unique skin/uniform.

Possiblly unique buildings enterable by rangers only with vechicles usable by rangers only.

Blood type

Random blood type for characters (A, B, AB, O, etc). To figure out blood type, maybe implement a wallet or ID card with relevant personal information about characters. Of course, blood bags will have to come in different types too, making transfusion system more elaborate

(Sry if this suggestion was mention before)

Regards

Rangers

Unique skin/uniform.

Possiblly unique buildings enterable by rangers only with vechicles usable by rangers only.

Do not like.

• Like 3

Blood type

Random blood type for characters (A, B, AB, O, etc). To figure out blood type, maybe implement a wallet or ID card with relevant personal information about characters. Of course, blood bags will have to come in different types too, making transfusion system more elaborate

(Sry if this suggestion was mention before)

Regards

it seems a good idea, but then again, players carrying bloodbags of 0 type only would subvert your intentions. I'm sure this would work making the rarity of bloodbags of different types spawn differently.

Rangers

Unique skin/uniform.

What an stupid idea?

Just carry o- blood with you as its "universal".. you could make it rare, but then again its not fair for player that has that bloodtype cuz you can only receive from that only..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

My $0.02: Keep it simple. The great thing about DayZ is that it's realistic in the sense that there's almost no carry over, making your life infinitely valuable. And the more complex you make the game, the more frustrating and ultimately unplayable it will be when all those intricately woven features are suddenly null and void because you cut across a friend's line of sight during a shootout.

Just a thought.

Rotor wash from helicopters would be fun, and being able to help people to walk if they have broken legs. Both features that work well in ACE.

There was something else.. But i got "out of memory" errors trying to remember what it was.

Someone might a suggested this but I couldn't find it, so, here's my suggestion;

I really like your OP, but most people in real life don't know how to use a defibrillator or how to splint a leg. So you have books that you can read for about 2-3 min (real time) and then you get a vague idea how to use the item/action, and the more you use the item/action or read more books about the subject you will have a higher chance of success doing the action. When you read a book you will still have it, but it will be marked as "read" and you will not be able to gain experience from it anymore, but your friend will be able to read it and they will gain some experience.

But, to stop people only reading books and then have 100% success rate, there will only be about 10-20 unique books that you can read and they will get you a maximum boost of 20-30%. (E.g: you read a book call "Basic first aid" and then you find the same book, it will be marked as read but if you find another book you haven't read you will be able to read it.)

P.S: The post you made is what I've been wanting to post pretty much word for word (but with worse spelling :) ) and its brilliant.

• Like 2

What is needed In Day Z Standalone is the ability to study dead bodies and be able to tell when and how they died. Like if survivors has a wallet with an ID so you can tell who it was. You can tell if the survivor got shot, you can predict someone is in the city, and if you have good training (from a book or something) you can tell when he died so you can get a safer prediction if there is someone in town.

Edited by DragoKnight

Provide your own answers after questions.

-Spawn locations

Will we need new spawn locations or is Chernaraus + going to be completely different?

-The way loot spawns, where it spawns, what spawns?

-What characters are wearing will depend on when the accident happened? Is the accident already in progress? Are we already surviving or is this brand new?

-Ideas for spawned characters

-Scientists

-Businessmen

-Blue Collar

-Casual

-Military

-Student

Will buildings be brand new or already worn from accidents and catastrophes?

Is equipment scarce from being picked over or is it laying all over because of panic and chaos?

How the GUI will interact with how we eat, combine materials to create ammo, food, drinks, cooking, wearing.

-Use pans, fire, herbs?

-Minecraft like combining system.

-All headshots should kill. Makarov should be able to kill you in the head.

-Hit boxes should be as true as possible. If grazed on the shoulder make them bleed but no damage. If hit in the shoulder, make aim really unstable, arm, hand, ect. A leg shot should make them limp, not crawl, broken legs should be different from shot injuries unless the bone is truely broken.

Different sizes of rounds should do appropriate damage.

-Any sniper size shot below Anti material and M107 rounds will cause immediate unconsciousness if hit in the limbs as well as fast bleeding, one shot in chest or head will cause death.

-7.62 should break limbs, as well as mid to heavy bleeding cause trauma, shock, unconscious, death in chest and head.

-5.56 and AK rounds, should be death in head and chest, wound limbs, mid chance to break legs/arms, cause trauma, chance of being knocked down unconscious.

-9mm should take a few rounds to kill in chest, one round in the head, cause bleeding but still stable in arms and legs yet a few rounds to said limbs will cause limping and maybe breakage as well as bleeding.

-Slug should be instant unconscious if hit anywhere, limp and breakage on limbs, instant kill on chest and head as well as hard knockback.

-Buckshot/flechette should be high chance to cause limp on legs/arms as well as mid bleeding. A few shots to kill in chest and head since there is low penetration. The closer the shot the higher the damage and less shots needed to kill.

.45/.357 should be breakage on limbs and severe bleeding, instant kill on head and chest. Make 1911, magnum, desert eagle rare as well as allow laser sights and scopes for attachments.

-Bolts/razer bolts

-Feature: capture, take hostage. Use wire/plastic cuffs, hand cuffs, rope to take hostage of downed players.

-In coordination with this feature, melee attacks from blunt stealth attacks to the head or back should be able to knock a player unconscious. If player is unconscious and gagged, all gear is dropped at that location except for clothes and backpack. Player can be dragged the same as unconscious. Player will become hungry and thirsty 50% faster when gagged and cannot be healed at all from bandaging to broken legs to health restoration by anyone or oneself. Gagged player is completely helpless.

-Meelee weapons

-Baseball Bat

-Axe

-Knife

-In accordance with the knife. A stealth action from behind or side should be able to execute and do a clean silent kill. Remember this isn't MW3. Knives can't snipe and the ability to do a stealth kill won't necessarilly work if coming at player full speed as they will turn and shoot.

-Pitch Fork

-Chainsaw

-Machete

-Same stealth kill applies for all melee weapons. Chances are harder appropriately per weapon because of time to execute vs damage and size.

-All melee weapons except chainsaw are silent to zombies yet to players they can hear the strike from the weapon depending on the weapon and size.

BTW I really like the suggestions below in quotes as well.

Check out my DayZ video too!

Standalone Suggestions

• #1 Smooth animations and animation blending, like batman AS or the upcoming mgs ground zero
  • New climbing ladder animation.
  • Just walk in to ladder to climb, no mouse scrolling and clicking.
  • Address teleporting issue when climb ladder anim is initiated
  • walk in to door to push open. physics operated door.
  • melee attack at any movement speed
  • analogue control of movement speed, with the ability to creep super slowely, just like special forces.
  • silent/stealth kill eg. choke/stab
  • CQC hand to hand combat like mgs3/4, grab, throw, human shield, cut throw, interogate, punch, parry etc..
  • Hug tree and blend in like arnie in Predator
  • use mud and natural materials to craft camo
  • evasive roll all directions, or evasive hop while standing upright, to avoid fire at close range
  • climb objects, trees
  • Gun handeling like indie game Reciever

• Long bow (Confirmed by Rocket already)
  • Footprints, making tracking possible
  • batteries for, nvg, thermal, torch etc.
  • play dead
  • Survivors can use zombie walking animations to fool other players
  • Build tree house, or nest for concealment
  • Long bow/ also catch fish with bow
  • Blow Gun with poisonus darts
  • Ability to use hunting Knife as weapon (MGS3 style)
  • throwing knives
  • Infection by bite, turns to zombie. Once killed, must become zombie for 20mins or until kills survivor
  • Non lethal weapons. (Tranq gun mgs)
  • Choice between bare foot, boots, sneakers etc. Each has different consequence for noise produced and what surface can be walked on
  • Fishing in lakes and rivers
  • more traps, (craftable)
  • use gas oven in houses to cook
  • loot found in realistic places, eg, food in fridge or cupboard, axe on wall in fire station, guns on rack.
  • base building, both over and underground with watch towers and machine gun nests. Need this so i can perform sneaky inflitration missions ;)
  • in game CB radio/walkie talkie like Acre mod. Communication between players may encourage team work as opposed to shoot on sight mentality.
  • active repairable power plants

Edited by rockstarG

I personally think they should pick a few (alot!!!) things from ACE mod if not the whole thing.

I've gotten another 2 ideas,

What if there were military convoys, that spawn very seldom (0.5%?), are very well equipped with very heavy weapons, like .50 cal machine guns on jeeps with heavy duty solders on the outside. They would have been given the order to kill on sight, whether zombie or not. If they come, you have three choices, run, hide and wait for them to pass, or ambush them and risk your life and maybe get huge payoffs, considering you don't destroy everything. This would mean that you just don't look for good loot, you have to fight for it.

This might be a little gory for some, but what if, when you get killed you have a death cam kinda like BF3, but there is blood flowing from the wounds, or body parts flying everywhere from and explosive death, or a zombie taking a bite of you face. Then the screen fades a very dark red and then the all too common "You are dead" screen appears.

well, i think i made this before, but who cares, its almost like bumping

being able to block corridors or even laders, destroying ladders and maybe even wooden walls.

Implementing metal sheets to be used in making metal walls, like very poorly made shanty towns, being able to collet to brick piles(or put them inside vehicles or trucks) so after you can pile them up, cement and concrete would be more elaborate, but maybe adding cement wouldnt be that hard.

I think thats it, and maybe a table that can help fix gear when broken stuff be implemented, even faster than the so called toolbox would be, due to more harcore and heavy tools

Rangers

Unique skin/uniform.

And if survivors cannot damage other survivors, how do you propose bandits would come about? and pvp is an essential part of the game.

• Like 1

And if survivors cannot damage other survivors, how do you propose bandits would come about? and pvp is an essential part of the game.

RANGERS cannot damage survivors. Duh. NO where did I say survivors cant damage survivors.

I swear people are so thick, they only hear what they want to hear.

I like the idea of bases , and yes maybe a base at a airport , where a base is a safe haven for players , but can be controlled by groups of players , but i think more of missions to maintain this base , as a base takes energy or some type of element , IE completing mission , like for instances in a town there would one zombie he could of been the top doctor for that town , he could be dress in white as doctors are , the idea would be to heal that zombie with a vile or antidote and bring him or her back to the base safely , viles or antidotes can only be made at bases and can only be made after some resources are collected and also it takes some time to make , say maybe 1 to 2 hours , when you have completed a mission you get a prize at a base say for instance a car , i also think on each map only so many vehicles should be allowed on the map at any one time ...

Mission shouldn't be easy , you could be looking for a zombie within a town or the surrounding areas , or it could be a unarmed civilian , who would be hiding in a house or something like that , so also the aspect of searching for your goal may take some time , and also being able to bring your mission back to base , if a mission isn't completed for some time , IE 1 day then the base you are at will be overrun by zombies , they will keep coming until you run out of ammo , but other than that zombies rarely go near bases , the reason would be because of the missions you complete ..

A base should be a place to store items of bring food back too , and yes maybe even to make small amounts of fuel etc but again that depends on missions being completed , i also think there should be only one main base , i also think radios would be good for long range chat , and again batteries for these radio's do not last long and are very hard to come by and maybe when attacked by zombies the first think they break is the radio , also radio's are very hard to find the components to make one , and yes in a base there should be a stand alone radio , to use this you would have to be close to it and select the option and again this radio also needs battery's ...

The idea of mission would give a extra element to the game , and there could be many types of mission , but the main mission is to maintain the base , maybe a bigger map would be good ...

• Like 1

DayZ Survivor score / Ranking system

The thing DayZ is missing is a Survivor score, I dont mean killscore or humanity.

A score that adds these three things together:

+ Humanity

+ Kill score

+ Days survived

= Dayz global score

This will make the game more interestsing for players to continue playing. So even

if u dont got any humanity and play like a bandit you could get a high score.

I have asked myself, why should I continue play when

there isn´t any system that keeps tracks on these things.

Lonewolf score ( working name only)

A score that gets higher the more days you haven´t been into a town.

Every big town like: Zelenogorsk, Stary Sobor, Chernogorsk, Elektro, Solnichniy, Berezino that you visit for more than 5 minutes will put your score with minus points, Perhaps every town with a name on it. ( I don´t know how to prevent people from changing server to reset time, In this case perhaps there will be - points ticking down directly when you enter a town)

So people would really try to stay out of town and live wildlife, lots of players are allready doing this, but it would be cool to see those hunters getting a score for it.

Survivor bonus:

Perhaps unique consumable items that you only get when you have survived per 10 days or something, or that you get 10% more blood after 10 days. stuff like that.

I also made a thread with this and a poll for it:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88074-sugesstion-dayz-survivor-score-ranking-system/

The weather/climatic system and how it should impact your health condition

I thought about different climatic areas and how they could effect your health condition. Of course the map would need a proper size and not to much different climatic areas so it won't become unrealistic. The basic idea is that the map transitions from a moderate climate to polar region as the game is settled in a post-soviet state.

On the south coast and parts of the south-east coast a more moderate climate (temperateness) would occur. The weather would consist of more rain and sometimes storms with greater waves on the ocean and from time to time bright sunshine.

This climate should not effect your health condition to much but you would have to take care of too much rain/storms and the temperature at night. High waves will get dangerous for boats. Also in this climatic area more vegetation and (dangerous) animals would appear.

If you travel up north into the inland and parts of the east coast it will get slowly colder and vegetation/animals gets more and more less on your way so you have climatic transition (subarctic climate/tundra). In this area it rains from time to time and sometimes heavy winds occur.

To stay here for a longer time will slowly take you temperature down and at night the coldness can become mortal danger. So you would have to find cover/fire from time to time or some thermal clothing.

The north and north-east coast would be a winter landscape/polar region full of snow and ice. Less but therefore more dangerous animals (e.g. ice bears) would appear.

The climate in this area would be a hostile to life with a lot of snowing, blizzards from time to time and ice floes on the north-east coast. You can't stay long alive in this area without having the right survival skills and gear otherwise you become hypothermic very fast. Thermo clothing would be the basic gear to survive here, blizzards can kill you easily when you don't find (or maybe build?) some kind of cover/shelter and wild animals could kill you when you don't pay enough attention.

Of course the weather/climatic condition needs to impact on a lot of other things:

• flight characteristics of bullets
  • driveability of vehicles
  • damage taken of tents/vehicles
  • zombie behavior

This way the environment would become a lot more dangerous (as it is way to easy at the moment) and it would require a lot more skill to go up north for looting/raiding/surviving. Maybe even team play benefits from that as surviving on your own would be much more difficult.

Edited by Johnny_Pfosten

Some suggestions from me:

Helicopter

-The huey has a hook on the bottom for a cable. You could hook a small vehicle or maybe some ammo crates and lift it.

-System for reppeling from chopper and a winch for lifting. It could be a special rare equipment that has to be added to the chopper.

Ultra light aircraft

A small one/two man aircraft that can land on short improvised airstrips. It wouldn't have much protection but can be used for quick transport across map

Batteries

Didn't see it in first post but electrical equipment should require power, like nvg, flashlight, laser, rangefinder, radio, gps